Hey friends and fellow fans!

Tis time! I feel it, coursing through my blood! No, not the desires for justice of Odin Dark, but the need to play through the Mass Effect trilogy, perhaps for the final time...

Now, for this, I am wrought with indecision; do I go with the Destroy 'breath at the end' ending as the final part, finishing the Citadel DLC before, or do I run through everything BUT the Citadel DLC, beat the game, and then use the Citadel DLC as the Epilogue, as I have headcanoned before?  I'm curious what others think, and if anyone else has used the Citadel DLC for that, you know... just a bit more happier ending kind of deal.

I usually place the Citadel DLC just prior to attacking the Cerberus HQ.  Even when I get the "breath" ending, I use the reasoning that Shepard dies and the breath is just a sigh of satisfaction of having completed his/her mission and trusting that Joker got all of his/her squadmates safely away on the Normandy.  He/she is probably smiling as well... knowing that they also managed to sneak in a great shore leave and great party together just prior to starting the final push.

In my mind, I end the Trilogy with Ashley's Tennyson quote:

"Death closes all; but something ere then end,

Some work of noble note, may yet be done,

Not unbecoming men that strove with gods."

aoibhealfae

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 55.00

The problem with the idea putting the DLC at the end of the game, you might miss some scenes with your crew as they had to be refreshed to pop up. Like Joker and Wrex trigger. I usually have to relog or go to Normandy for it to come up. 

Also technical issue, if you suck at modding with ME3explorer, you can crash the game. I think the DLC help with closure especially for those who romances characters like Miranda, Jack, Thane. 

themikefest

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 85.00

If I decide to play Citadel, its just before Cronos and not after completing the playthrough. So for me, its the breath scene, if I have my ems high enough.

No one can really tell you how to play the game. It's up to you.

No one can really tell you how to play the game. It's up to you.

Merely looking for opinions and thoughts on the concept. I promise you, I have played it both ways many a time. ;)

ArcadiaGrey

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 50.00

Merely looking for opinions and thoughts on the concept. I promise you, I have played it both ways many a time. ;)

Are you on PC?  I've downloaded a super light version of the Happy Ending mod that ends with Shep on the Normandy flying away with the crew. Haven't got there yet but it seems nicer than a downed Normandy on a weird jungle planet. 

I always do Citadel beforehand, I like the 'we might die so LET'S PARTYYY' vibe.  There's some darkness there as they know it could be the end.

Are you on PC?  I've downloaded a super light version of the Happy Ending mod that ends with Shep on the Normandy flying away with the crew. Haven't got there yet but it seems nicer than a downed Normandy on a weird jungle planet. 

I always do Citadel beforehand, I like the 'we might die so LET'S PARTYYY' vibe.  There's some darkness there as they know it could be the end.

Sadly, no PC. Not a fan of keyboard and mouse, and I don't trust myself to not bork anything were I to mod in controller support.  You make a great point, though, the party before is a great point, for the underlying drama, and then the relief that is the breath... 

fraggle

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 50.00

I always play Citadel DLC before Cronos Station, personally I am very happy with the breath scene at the end, it gives me the room to head-canon my own end. My canon FemShep is alive and well. I love that we can dream up anything after the ending, I don't see a reason for me to play the DLC at the end to picture that.

Personally i love the synthesis ending.

But this ending sounds way to idealistic to be a cannon.
Same goes for control (we'd conquer andromeda with reaper force).

But destroy ending... this sounds like the most cannonlike thing. I only hate the geth dying.

Not to forget the breathing scene were shepard lives (confirmed)