Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 49,551.50
Wiki Edits: 127
I find it interesting that both Manus and his daughters sought out Royalty.

Manus abducted Dusk. Nashandra sought out Vendirck. Elana Sought The Sunken King. Nadalia Sought The Old Iron King.

I've noticed a pattern. It seem that the Dark Soul is attracted to powerful souls. It seems to be implied that a king/queen/prince/princess often have a powerful soul. Dusk sells a powerful catalyst and has armor that ups her magic damage. Manus could have sensed she had a powerful soul as well as found she reminded him of what was in his pendent. We know the silver pendent cancelled his dark sorceries maybe Dusks innate ability to cast sorceries drew him to her. Either way Manus was attracted to Dusk's power.

Now Nashandra seemed to be attracted to Vendrick for a similar reason. It seems she wanted to build him up into a powerful king that would link the first flame. We know Vendrick had a powerful soul. Maybe the link between Dark and Flame could help explain the attraction of the pieces of the Dark Soul seeking out Powerful souls or Even Lord Souls. Since Nashandra accompanied Vendrick on his conquest this could have allowed her to feed off of his soul as it grew in power.

Elana found the Sunken King. What her plans were for him are vague since he was driven off by yorgh. (I still think he became a part of The Rotten.) But she stayed behind collecting souls from warriors she defeated while guarding Sinh. Possibly Even feeding off of Sinhs powerful sol.

We know that Nadalia sought out the Old Iron King. She failed in her plan since he already turned into a demon. She Forsook Her Flesh and possessed the Brume Tower. Eventually finding a powerful soul to feed off of in Raime.

I Found it interesting that Manus and his Daughter seem attracted to Powerful Souls. When a Soul is powerful enough it becomes royalty as seen by the plot of the player character. I think that Manus' Daughters took Dusk's appearance because it was remembered that she was royalty and the easiest way to find a powerful souls that happens to be royalty would be to look the part of a princess.

Shop Icon

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,690.00
Best impersonation of Vendrick's voice - "Shadow is not cast, but born of fire. And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow."

Seems that Dark is just drawn to powerful individuals, they sorta exist within their shadow.

This seems to be an interesting analysis of power structures - the more powerful you become, the more people you inevitably overshadow... even your friends and family.

Shkar

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 2,560.00
Bank: 21,788.19
Wiki Edits: 7
Potential difference. Dark is a negative charge, light is a positive charge. The flame is, I guess, a magnitude control. The brighter the flame, the stronger the light and the dark. The stronger the light and the dark, the stronger the attraction between them.

Seriously guys. This is physics 102 stuff. You learn this concept in like, grade school.

All joking aside though, here's a fun fact: If we take Vendrick as an authoritative source, the quote Rift posted essentially proves that Kaathe literally lied about everything.

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

Shkar wrote:Seriously guys. This is physics 102 stuff. You learn this concept in like, grade school.

What's "grade school"?

I'm Australian, we have (or had, I think it's changed now) Primary School 1-7, then high school 8-12

Also, I don't think it's as easy as Positive/Negative being equal... otherwise, couldn't an insanely powerful being of Dark instigate the existences of a powerful being of Light?

Although, I guess you need a really big bad guy to cause a really big hero to rise to the challenge of said bad guy.

Ugh, f*cking metaphors...

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 49,551.50
Wiki Edits: 127
Shkar wrote:Potential difference. Dark is a negative charge, light is a positive charge. The flame is, I guess, a magnitude control. The brighter the flame, the stronger the light and the dark. The stronger the light and the dark, the stronger the attraction between them.

Seriously guys. This is physics 102 stuff. You learn this concept in like, grade school.

All joking aside though, here's a fun fact: If we take Vendrick as an authoritative source, the quote Rift posted essentially proves that Kaathe literally lied about everything.

Ah Physics I love the subject. The Dark and Flame could also act like matter and antimatter pairings or even light and dark matter. I could make tons of crazy theories on it. But I won't Introducing physics can lead to some really wild theories.

Aside from Kaathe lying it would also show why Frampt was called a Kingseeker. Since it seems a king naturally gains a colossal amount of souls and the CHosen Undead did just that before either linking the fire or becoming a dark lord.

Mr_Rift wrote:Best impersonation of Vendrick's voice - "Shadow is not cast, but born of fire. And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow."

Seems that Dark is just drawn to powerful individuals, they sorta exist within their shadow.

This seems to be an interesting analysis of power structures - the more powerful you become, the more people you inevitably overshadow... even your friends and family.

Yes it is interesting especially since the friends you overshadow might be the ones who you directly conflict with once you have no more enemies.

I especially find it interesting that by the end of the game the player character has both enormously powerful souls and large quantities of the dark soul. It seems that possibly both are needed to truly restart the cycle. Having only one of the two might merely prolong the current cycle.

Shop Icon

tomas

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 5,963.00
Wow didn't know you're Australian rift, where abouts you hail from?

Lol your school comment really shows your age ;) been primary 1-6 and high school 7-12 for ages now
^__________________________________________________^

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

tomas wrote:Wow didn't know you're Australian rift, where abouts you hail from?

Lol your school comment really shows your age ;) been primary 1-6 and high school 7-12 for ages now

I just turned 29, so yeah I'm getting up there. And I'm from the Sunny Coast, QLD

And in regards to Frampth/Kaathe, remember that it doesn't matter which ending you chose, the cycle would've restarted on it's own anyway.

tomas

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 5,963.00
15 and from Sydney :)

Still go for QLD in origin though ;)
^__________________________________________________^

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

Yes, I saw your... I'm assuming that's a basketball player, sports DP and figured you for a sports fan.

Due to a variety of reasons (which I won't go into now, they're covered in an upcoming novel) I have absolutely zero interest in sport. I don't hate it, I just can't understand it's appeal... hence the books/games :P

Necromancer

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,840.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Aussies represent! oi oi oi! Sydney here :-D

Basically our "forbidden" sun is so hot you have no choice but to stay indoors and play game :P
[CENTER][/CENTER]