For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

HoodPope

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 810.00
Sadly I didn't know about this game during the time that a lot of people were playing it, now I can't ever get an invasion. Is this game just completely dead or is there a certain covenant or area that would help me get some PvP action? My guess right now is that it's completely dead because I can't even find a summon sign for any of the bosses. Speaking of which. Some help with Artorias would be much appreciated. Lol
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 375,452.49
Bank: 8,962.71
Wiki Edits: 31505
Hi

I'm assuming you are on PSN? The game isn't dead, it's just not packed. There is also the issue of soul level and where most people would be at, and this has become dispersed because of the slowdown in traffic.

There are several forum users who still play DKS1, but I imagine they are now about to get into the last DKSII DLC... but maybe we can find you help in the wiki chatroom!

https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Chatroom
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

BrotherBob

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 1,736.00
One of the best ways to increase your PvP activity (using the Red Eye Orb from the Darkwraith covenant, which you're probably doing anyway) is to create an SL11 to invade. Since you'll be able to invade SL1 all the way up to SL713 (remember that you can invade infinitely upward), it means you'll be matched with everyone who is available. Of course, being SL11, you'll have some limitations in terms of stats, but you can make up for it by having good equipment (elemental weapons of course) and by keeping 99 soft Humanity (so you'll have the defenses of an SL110 (from SL11 + 99 Soft Humanities)).

CaeDares

Souls: 75.00
Thats not what I've been seeing. Is it darkwraiths specifically who can invade up to SL713 or can anybody? I'm not a Darkwraith yet, and I can only invade a certain range.
Also, you can join the Forest covenant through Alvina who resides before Great grey wolf Sif.

HoodPope

Regular
Battle Tested

Forest cov didn't work for me. Darkwraiths didn't work for me and honestly, a sl 11 build isn't something I wanna bother trying lol. I'm trying the Darkmoon cov right now. It's the best one I've tried so far. I'm actually getting some matches but 90% of the time it says "Failure to Invade". And yes I'm on PS3. I've tried with my sl 125 character and I'm currently trying with my sl50 character.

HoodPope

Regular
Battle Tested

I've had 2 invasions since my last post. That's like 1 invasion an hour. Is there a hot spot for PvP for sl 50 on regular new game?

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 24,145.50
Wiki Edits: 26
I suppose if you stick to below SL100 and invade as a red in the burg or the oolacille township, you should get some matches because those are PvP spots for people looking for duels as hosts.

the forest has been and forever will remain gankers town so they are probably not many of them around anymore...

the Undead burg is probably your best bet both as an invader and a host...this is litterally the best spot for PvP or it has been at least.
the bonfire just before the artorias door leading to the forest has also been active for duels...but less.

good luck and praise the sun!
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

BrotherBob

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 1,736.00
Just a point first: NG or NG+ etc. doesn't matter for matchmaking.

Darkwraiths can invade down (10 + (10% of your level)) levels and can invade to 713. So, that's where my previous advice comes from.

Now, for Darkmoons, it's a bit more complicated. Consider a player who is SL100 with 10 Sin. For the purposes of the Darkmoon invasions, that target's effective level is 110 (100 + 10). So their effective level has to be within your range of +/- (10 + (10% of your level)); notice that Darkmoons cannot invade infinitely upwards. So, back when there was still the 120-125 meta, Darkmoons would want to be around 150.

Nookie

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 713.00
Join the Darkwraiths ;) I've always found easiest to find PvP activity when I have been Darkwraithin'!

****, I miss this game. Maybe I should return also and complete the game with some challenge run.. :cheers:
PSN: Seministi

DKS: Got multiple characters from SL1 to SL 125. Feel free to ask for co-op, pvp or item trading! Finished over 10 times.

DKS2: NG++!

MrMadJackTheJester

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,430.50
I wouldn't happen to understand how you cannot get invasions. I get invasions on my SL 300+ characters. I get a ton of action in the burg and forest (mostly backstab fishers). The best time i have is messing with low level... beginners. I constantly use a male version of Maneater Mildred (guess its womaneater mordred? i can't make good names.) and scare people in the depths. Sometimes i use iron flesh, poison mist, and some spooky looking gear (oolacile sorcerer helmet) and i have literally made someone disconnect because they couldn't hurt me. PS. Don't invade as Man-eater Mildred (or her male counterpart) without a backup for gankers or high levels. Its scary when i get ganked by giant dads.
Confederate!