For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 12,270.00
Bank: 15,670.00
Wiki Edits: 82
So this is a work in progress that I abandoned long ago when I took the break from DkS1. The idea was a dark mage that's gonna use miracles as well, the most important being GLGS Dance. It'd have been funny to have finished this before DkS2 came out, because this is basically a pure hex caster.

Here it is: https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=365014089258182269

For successful spell casting I'm thinking this strategy:

-The obvious Pursuers -> Dark Bead.
-Karmic Justice -> GLGS Dance
-Dark Fog gives me room to recast slow spells.
-I'm not sure how Aural Decoy works, but it's supposed to be a spell that forces my enemy to roll while active. Plus the laugh goes nice with theme. I may change it for TWoP if it doesn't work as planned.
-It uses Logan's Catalyst at beggining of match and menu swaps to Manus' when low on casts #. Usually for duels but for invasions I'll use Manus.

Anything else I may be missing just tell and please suggestions and feedback appreciated.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WorldspineWurm

Casual
Convict

Souls: 334.00
Drop the Miracles and plug in Pyromancy.
Pyro/Int both get BDCR boost.
Replace your head with Crown of Dusk for a stronger spell boost.
Drop ROFAP for the Wolf Ring.
Drop your Int down to 16 for Dark Bead and Dark Orb, replace Logan's Catalyst with Oolacile Ivory Catalyst.
Switch the rest of your armor to hit 61 Poise with a fast roll.
Raise Dex to 45 for faster casting speed.
Never use Aural Decoy in PvP.

There's more but I think showing you in MugenMonkey would be easier. Hit me up if you need more explanations. I've been playing Pure Mage in Dark Souls 1 for over a year successfully with no shield/weapon.
"The Wurm's Wake."
Mad Wizard Of Lordran.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

WorldspineWurm wrote:Drop the Miracles and plug in Pyromancy.
Pyro/Int both get BDCR boost.
Replace your head with Crown of Dusk for a stronger spell boost.
Drop ROFAP for the Wolf Ring.
Drop your Int down to 16 for Dark Bead and Dark Orb, replace Logan's Catalyst with Oolacile Ivory Catalyst.
Switch the rest of your armor to hit 61 Poise with a fast roll.
Raise Dex to 45 for faster casting speed.
Never use Aural Decoy in PvP.

There's more but I think showing you in MugenMonkey would be easier. Hit me up if you need more explanations. I've been playing Pure Mage in Dark Souls 1 for over a year successfully with no shield/weapon.

But I already have a Pyro/Sorcery build...This one was meant to recreate an hexer from DkS2. Since you need Int and Fth for hexes, Miracles are pretty much obligatory for this build. In the end I just use 2 WoGs and Gravelord Greatsword Dance for when the guy is knocked down. The rest is dark sorcery, and yes I ditched Aural Decoy lol.

45 Int/ 28 Fth give me the most damage for WoG/GLGS Dance by using Velka's Talisman. I also ditched Manus' Catalyst and I'm using Logan's. I also changed the spell ring for Wolf Ring I think. I played a bit with it and it was successful...
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WorldspineWurm

Casual
Convict

Souls: 334.00
Well hey if it's working for you :thumbs up:
"The Wurm's Wake."
Mad Wizard Of Lordran.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

I guess this would be the SL 125 version.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/420553

Would use Dark Orb instead of CSS but that spell is just useless. Cast speed and damage are comparable to a Great Heavy Soul Arrow. So like in DkS2:

Pursuers -> CSS for long range
Pursuers -> Dark Bead for close range
2 WoGs and if one knocks out -> GLGS Dance

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Dark magic in DaS1 is a bit different from dark magic in DaS2. If you wanted to make a dark mage (hexer) in DaS2, you'd need faith for scaling and spell/catalyst access. But in DaS1, you only need intelligence for the spells and strength/dexterity (varies by catalyst) for secondary damage scaling, since dark magic deals magic damage based on the intelligence scaling of your catalyst and physical damage based on the physical (str/dex/) scaling of your catalyst. A few DaS1 dark mage builds I've done:

http://mmdks.com/736v
"Physical" wizard. Uses the unusually high str/dex scaling of the demon's catalyst to fire spells with an abnormally high tilt toward physical, doing a surprising amount of damage through GMB. Equip weapons and armor as you see fit.

http://mmdks.com/736x
"Hyperwizard". This is how you deal several thousand points of damage in a matter of seconds. Get yourself cursed, reduce your hp to RTR range before invading/being summoned, cast power within on spawn and switch to sanctus to completely negate the hp loss (1% of 100 is 1 hp per second, sanctus regenerates 2 hp per 2 seconds). This allows you to stack both RTR's damage boost and Power Within's damage boost for the full duration of PW, which is 100 seconds iirc. Add that to Pursuers and Dark Bead being cast through the Manus Catalyst, which itself has very high intelligence scaling for magic damage and the highest strength scaling for dark magic's physical damage, and the end result is a wizard that can brute force it's way through GMB and even high magic defense shields like Havel's. Since you're cursed, your invasion options are limited to Blue Eye Orb, Dragon Eye, and Cat's Ring, since you cannot use the Red Eye Orb or Red Sign Soapstone while hollow.

http://mmdks.com/7370
"Dex/Int hybrid". Want to cast spooky dark magics on a dex/int hybrid but don't want to lose your spell casts with TCC or MC? Tin Banishment Catalyst gives dexterity physical scaling to Pursuers, Dark Bead, and Dark Orb, and with 40+ dex and 32 int it's the next strongest option. You can also poke with it, though it won't do much damage and an offhand spear would be better at that.

http://mmdks.com/7371
I did this to drive a buddy of mine into a murderous rage. Chameleon breaks target lock, pursuers is pursuers, dark fog is basically area denial, and the large club's 1HR2 is really fun to use while your opponent is trying to dodge pursuers. Only use this if you want people to hate you.

Dark magic's str/dex scaling lends itself really well to hybrids, I've noticed (no ****, sherlock). It only adds about 10% more damage with most catalysts, but that really adds up on multi-hit spells like pursuers and dark beads.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Very nice builds. The physical wizard is interesting, I thought about doing the same with mine. But in the end I decided that the stat investment in physical scaling was not worth the small increase in damage. Never had tried an Int/Fth mage either so I chose the pure mage path.

So I always had the idea that some miracles were very related to the occult. Karmic Justice and Vow of Silence have this purple aura and are considered miracles of Velka, which is also known as a witch. Unfortunately they don't work well with a mage build, more effective for a melee build imo. GLGS Dance is also a dark miracle so goes well with my plan. One can think these miracles were the very first type of Faith hexes, the ones that can be cast with a chime. So in the end I had to attune WoG because it's just too good.

Makes sense?

ViralEnsign_

Abyss Dweller
Adyr's Harbringer

Souls: 7,259.75
Is PvP still possible in DKS1. I miss it.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Is PvP still possible in DKS1. I miss it.

I was playing yesterday in the Burg. Still good activity at least in duels and even gankers there at SL 125-150. Last time I tried Forest there was little activity...

Noob-Killer

Casual
Convict

Souls: 440.00
ViralEnsign_ wrote:Is PvP still possible in DKS1. I miss it.

Huge amount of activity at level 80-ish in the Kiln!
"Beyond the scope of Light.Beyond the reach of Dark.What could possibly await us?"-SotFS