Discuss wiki content and organization here.

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Souls: 500.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 100
I think it's time to clean up Playstation & Xbox articles. Especially Playstation because most of it looks out of date. Xbox needs a clean up too but there's also some misplaced information in it that needs to be place in PC/Steam or deleted. I would also recommend a slight change to the table, like making it five cells instead of six. Most of the time ppl missed the sixth cell & not put anything in it or not bother.

This is something I mainly wanted to do before Fextralife took the wiki over, so I wouldn't mind doing this major clean up.

VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 273,720.49
Bank: 7,719.71
Wiki Edits: 20694
Hi

I had a look at those pages recently and got a similar feel. Had to remove a lot of random links and such - If you have ideas on how to make it better let's do it! I added a Date column so new people still have a chance to update their details. :bounce:
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Well I was thinking to combine Region cell with Gamertag cell, so you know which version they own & their name off the bat. Maybe also combine SL cell with Comments cell. Trying to prevent to scroll left to right. As for cleaning, remove everything except the top 50 or 100 names on the chart. Probably just going to remove anything that has PC in the GT because they need more information to be fully transferred to the Steam/PC article. :-/

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Alrighty, I'll get to it. Also sorry for such inactivity & not working on things you've asked me to help with like DSI DLC. :no see:

VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

That's ok, figured you got busy. Where have u been hiding, it's nice to see you back :D
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

I was summoned to a world where these ppl were forced to attempt to make a "life" with them selves. It looked like I wasn't able to escape it till I fell into a dark void & landed face first back in Fextraland. (Was planning to do Gaming School for this fall, but it didn't turn out so well.)

Also I'm done editing ALL of the Player ID's for DSI wiki. Anything else that needs to be updated m'lady?

VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Haha that made me giggle xD

Well for DKS1, there's one big wiki-wide project to be done. It's simple but will take a while and since I'm full on with forums/new wikis it keeps getting backlogged so I'd appreciate any help.

What needs to happen is simple. All pages need to have their top formatting changed a bit and some image quality checked as well.

1. All pages should have the page name as a Heading 1 at the top (no need for any formatting to this)
2. All pages should have a link back to their category. For example >> Rings
3. All pages should have this new code added : "Updated {$Revisiondate}"
4. All big images on pages should have the width value changed to something under 300px.

So in short, the code of a page should look

=Name of Page=
//>> [[Category]]//
<span style="display: block; text-align: right;">Updated {$Revisiondate}</span>
----

[[image:something.png width="300"]]Text text text Text text

For comparison sake. This is the DKS 2 wiki look:

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Life+Ring

This is the DKS1 wiki look that needs fixing:

http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Ti ... g%27s+Ring

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Alrighty, I'll get to it. And that is gut that you found my last post funny. :tongue:

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Hey Fex as I was reformatting the "Rings" section & trying to link up mobs that were mentioned in thy article, I found out their article names are... bland & a generalization of the mob. For ex. http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Undead+Knight, shouldn't it be called "Undead Balder Knight" or "Balder Knight"?

It's like... renaming the "Grant" article as "WoG Mace". It is in fact a mace & has a WoG spell embedded into it, but it would confuse the web-surfer/viewer/wtr of somewhat maybe thinking it's something different(Idk about you, but WoG Mace is a complete give away). We are also the only site that calls them "Undead Knights" rather then "Undead Balder Knights" or "Balder Knights". I believe anything that is considered "Undead" on the wiki, is called "Undead Thing Wtr". compare to http://darksouls.*.com/balder-knight, http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Balder_Knight, & http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls/Balder_Knight

VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Hi

I renamed the "undead knight" page to be "balder knight" - there's a lot of these kind of cleanup that got left behind so anything you catch we can fix! A lot of the DKS1 wiki pages were made on the rush when the game first launched and are thus inaccurate - but thankfully we can fix it!

Let me know if I can help with anything else :00004: