Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

Bloyamind

Souls: 35.00
Hi guys, I'm new here, so no idea if i'm right posting this here. Also I don't know if this topic already exists, it's so specific that it's impossible to find.

Here goes :)

So, all other dragon discussions aside, what the heck is Seath researching if he's been around since before men? Who wrote all those books he's researching in the Duke's archives? Wouldn't it be something like God checking into a library to read up on Electronics?

Nevis_Ysbrid

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 604.00
Bank: 5,044.00
Welcome to the immense world of theories. However, this belongs in the Archives forum subsection.

There are a lot of theories regarding this. It isn't explicitly stated in-game. Presumably, the books are just a collection of resources for Seath in his experiments and research to find/acquire/make scales of immortality (dragon scales).
I am the Grey that shall become Red, the Ysbrid that shall become the Ddraig, the cloud and lightning. Red aether art I, the Heaven/Venom of Ben Nevis.

Here's our Nodiatus Test thread. Come tell us what you are!

Bloyamind

Whoops, thanks for the heads up!
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 405,948.49
Bank: 9,419.71
Wiki Edits: 34695
I've moved this to The Archives so the other lore-fiends can find it!

Welcome to the site :)
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

CakeThiefPro

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,700.00
Well Seath proves that he can do a lot with magic. Here's a rough list of the top of my head:

1. Empower souls with crystals
2. Curse undead/humans/anything(?)
3. Trap undead inside golemns whilst keeping them alive.
4. Create invisible walkways.
5. His Channelers can teleport short distances which was probably his creation.
6. He created the Moonlight Butterfly's and Pisacas
7. Rotating Staircases

So the guy has a lot to write about and I'm probably forgetting some things as well. His ultimate goal however is to find a way to save Dusk in my opinion. I think Seath loved Dusk. His golemns are apparently trying to save her from Manus as far as I can tell or at least to keep her alive until he can find a way to make her immortal. The Hydra will kill these golemns and must have had a reason for leaving Ashe Lake other than food considering not many humans have a reason to go down there. I believe the Hydra wants to kill Dusk to get revenge for Seaths betrayal. I imagine they first met to discuss the rare magic of Oolacile which Seath would inevitably be interested in and he even made a garden in the Dukes Archives where they could meet. Her kind nature and love of magic would have appealed to him and I think he became obsessed with trying to save her.

The reasons for this are that he can't be searching for immortality due to the fact he's already achieved it for himself. If that didn't drive him mad then something else did and I think it was the loss of Dusk. The only other alternative is that he wanted to understand the soul (the essence of life) too much and it was knowledge no one could understand, hence what happened to Logan. This is certainly possible but I prefer the theory that Seath tried to recreate Dusk once she was lost to the Abyss and that's how Priscilla comes to be. I mean she's kind natured, uses light magic and has pretty clear relations to Seath. Either she was an attempt at recreation or a potential child but either way she couldn't replace Dusk so he abandoned her and went mad over the loss of his love.

I could definitely be making the whole thing too complicated but that's the version I prefer to believe in at least.

Nevis_Ysbrid

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 604.00
Bank: 5,044.00
^ Like that. That is serious wild speculation, which tends to go a bit with Seath.

For the matter, that theory is utterly ridiculous.
I am the Grey that shall become Red, the Ysbrid that shall become the Ddraig, the cloud and lightning. Red aether art I, the Heaven/Venom of Ben Nevis.

Here's our Nodiatus Test thread. Come tell us what you are!

CakeThiefPro

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,700.00
Nevis_Ysbrid wrote:^ Like that. That is serious wild speculation, which tends to go a bit with Seath.

For the matter, that theory is utterly ridiculous.

You haven't even heard my "Seaths chest is a womb" theory :P

Marblevore

Casual
Convict

Souls: 255.00
Bank: 10.00
I love that huge Dusk Theory but what is up with Seath's half-daughter Priscilla? Is Seath just a player?

Bloyamind

Thanks for moving the topic and for the welcome! And the replies. No time to read them right now, but will get to it tonight!

Cheers.

Bloyamind

So if I read correctly, you believe Seath Authored all those books, or people under his command did. As far as his fascination with Dusk's Oolacile magic... Isn't he far older then Oolacile, or am I missing something? That basically brings us back to my first question, although I now see that research might in this case be 'researching something new' not 'researching old books for the answer'.