For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 12,270.00
Bank: 15,670.00
Wiki Edits: 82
Your build is broken in the literal sense. It is far from OP.

You should know that the Red Tearstone Ring also affect spells, and it's the ring a glass cannon build should use.

Having low HP isn't a very good idea for a glass cannon. This is because it'll be harder to activate RTSR effect with low Vgr. The higher the Vgr the more range of activation of RTSR you can have. It's easier to activate at 700 HP left than 100 HP left for example. Resonant Flesh and Immolation are very good support spells for the glass cannon.

Soul Geyser is worthless in PvP. You need to get at least 2 scrolls of CSS.

50/10 Int/Fth is more than enough for the pure sorcery caster. Mixing sorceries with pyros is the best option. Forbidden Sun, Fire Whip and Great Combustion are perfect complement spells for sorceries. You'll also need more spell slots and # of casts so increasing Att is more useful than Northern Band because of the casting speed bonus.

If you're serious about your build try having these stats:

Sorcerer SL 150

Vgr- 50
End- 20
Vit- base
Att- 60
Str- base
Dex- base
Adp- base
Int- 50
Fth- 10

The guys are right about Profound Still, it literally shuts down any pure mage. I recommend having a spear as backup weapon for this. It's very good to poke-roll in the meantime PS wears off.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

claydough

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,420.00
Go the Havel Mage!

Am I the only one that thinks havels and all other heavy armor should have 50+ strength requirements?

Difference between a good sorcerer and a **** sorcerer is cast speed.
It's all well and to hit like a train, but that's if you hit.

Best Mage I went up against in the arena combo'd his so damn quick I had no idea what to do and I got slaughted time and time again by him
Later I found out he was an 838 monster against my lvl 135, but still I don't think I'd do any better with a higher build, just tank an extra soul spear or two.
(Was high adap and low equip load build made for counters this stuff)
"Bear seek seek lest."
-Emerald Herald.

PVP!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdcSxTsGDks

No Death Melee Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbAvdWQ82vg

BrotherBob

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 1,736.00
The Havel Monster, of course!

SL838, wearing all Havel's but Turtle Body (for max defense with no backstabs). Get a greatsword because they are relatively difficult to dodge with high damage. Then, cast all the buffs you can think of: Sacred Oath, Numbness, Great Magic Barrier, etc. And go to town on your opponent!

Crabot

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 534.00
Alright your build has some clear problems with it. For example, every stat is not at 99. Also, you don't have unlimited castings of Crystal Soul Spear and Homing Crystal Soul Mass. You also are not wearing havels or using a magic infused greatsword buffed with CMW.

Actual tips ahead: Find a half-decent weapon with low stat requirements, even if you're a glass clannon build, you need a backup plan if the opponent uses profound still. Use it in the opposite hand of your catalyst so that if people roll through your initial soul spear, you can catch them as they come out of the roll I-frames with a weapon swing. Also, don't raise your int above 40 or 50. It's completely wasted stats that do almost nothing. At the absolute most, go 53 int with Ring of Knowledge and Moon Hat. The Moon Hat is superior to all of the other magic stat raising headpieces because it makes you look like a proper wizard.

Jansports

Revived
Savior

Souls: 67.50
Bank: 1,977.50
Actually while going from 50-60 has awful gains, 60-70 isn't bad and actually 70-80 has better gains than most other 10 level sections for your Magic Bonus

What happened to all the, higher level builds don't have to be able to do everything because going past softcap has merits talk that gets thrown around whenever anyone wonders allowed how indefinite leveling could promote diversity rather than homogenization?

Because actually that is true, just go check how valuable each point of Int is as you climb from 70-80 if you wanna deal mind numbing levels of damage with Sorcery 80int is totally exceptable.

Even though that's true, End, Att are certainly more important to a mage than gouging int 99% of the time.

Ultima_Weapon_90

Souls: 35.00
omgoff wrote:
Ultima_Weapon_90 wrote:Not sure if op is serious or not but this build isn't particularly good for a couple of reasons:

• It is rendered completely useless and unable to attack by anyone who uses profound still (huge AoE that prevents magic use by enemies)
  • Magic is easy to just roll through and your character has no defense and no melee weapon. Anyone decent can just roll through the spells, including soul great sword and destroy this.
  • Stacking magic defense is much more effective than stacking physical defense. With great magic barrier (very common), Black witch robes and a good ring its attacks will do almost nothing.
  • There is a lot of investment in intelligence, which is alright, but you don't use crystal soul spear which is the best offensive sorcery, just kind of a waste.
  • Just because it is worth mentioning twice, you have NO defense and are COMPLETELY shut down by profound still

I've fought pure casters before, after a profound still they don't know what to do, it's funny. Here is a build at 150 which is very good:

Lv 150 Soul Memory 2481809
VGR 25
END 18
VIT 19
ATN 25
STR 20
DEX 12
ADP 6
INT 40
FTH 40

Lightning Defender Greatsword +5
Magic Black Witch's Staff +10
Hexers Hood +5
Havel's Armor +10
Havel's Gauntlets +10
Havel's Leggings +10
Third Dragon Ring
Royal Soldiers Ring +2
Southern Ritual Band +1
Clear Bluestong Ring +2
2 Great Magic Barriers, 4 Numbness, 9 Affinity, 6 Crystal Soul Spears

Great magic barrier and (if you feel like it) numbness make the character really bulky with the armor. Affinity is way better than soul mass and can one shot people, crystal soul spear is fast and can deal around 1200 if it hits and when buffed the defender sword can hit for 550 per light attack and more on heavy attacks. I've had comments from people thinking the build is sl 250+.

And of course if level isn't an issue, this is the epitome of broken:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_rg2ucO4U

I'm interested to see how this build fares after they implement the patch on the 18th. :P

Well let's think about it:
  • Havel will still be the best armor to pick from and can still fast roll with it
  • Numbness and Great Magic Barrier will still be a thing
  • Defender sword can if needed just be replaced by a Lightning Claymore, move one point into dex, replace Affinity with Profound Still and Sunlight Blade.

Still damn good, if this build met the one in the op, either I would Profound Still and hunt you down or more likely just get into lock on range and fire Crystal Soul Spear while you cast Soul Spear. I would take maybe 15-20% due to Great Magic Barrier and Numbness and you would be one shot!

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 26,931.00
Wiki Edits: 41
My 838. Just being that level seems to anger most people.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

DkS_Nexus

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,956.00
claydough wrote:Am I the only one that thinks havels and all other heavy armor should have 50+ strength requirements?

You can't really balance a game around stat requirements when the game mechanics allow you to max out all stats and do everything with maximum effectiveness at no real cost. Upping the strength requirement only hurts the players that are playing with self imposed level caps for whatever reason.

Now if this was another RPG where you were forced to make choices regarding a specialized build then it would be a good idea.

HolyLuigi

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,235.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Ultima_Weapon_90 wrote:
Havel's Armor +10
Havel's Gauntlets +10
Havel's Leggings +10
Third Dragon Ring
Royal Soldiers Ring +2
Brain damage +18

Still damn good, if this build met the one in the op, either I would Profound Still and hunt you down or more likely just get into lock on range and fire Crystal Soul Spear while you cast Soul Spear. I would take maybe 15-20% due to Great Magic Barrier and Numbness and you would be one shot!

Wearing Havel's on every build is like participating in paralympics. You may win, but you are still considered dumb.

Return to FPS where you can one shot everyone, this is a game of mind, patience and skill.
Casul.