For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

DethKidz

Souls: 30.00
Bank: 0.00
Everyone loves pissing people off. So sometimes, you just really have to focus on the important things.

I'm a sorcerer, kinda made of glass for my level, especially with my choice of rings. But if I can kill you before you touch me...

Lv 115 Soul Memory 2165148
VGR 14
END 10
VIT 10
ATN 27
STR 3
DEX 7
ADP 11
INT 89
FTH 6

Magic Staff of Wisdom+5
Slumbering Dragon Shield+2
Black Hood +5
Lion Mage Robe +10
Lion Mage Cuffs+10
Lion Mage Skirt +3
Ring of Life Protection (Reduce need for human effigy, just keep reparing)
Northern Ritual Band +2
Southern Ritual Band +1
Clear Bluestong Ring +2
2 Soul Geysers, 21 Great soul arrows, 6 Soul vortexes, 4 Soul Greatswords, 4 Homing Crystal soulmass, 6 Soul spears...

Am I an ****** for this?
Even better question, why isn't there more sorcerers? My build is basically a 24/7 Kaioken Tank buster. Faster people are harder, but the soulmass and spear combo usually works. again, if it hits. Anyone else have any better/different builds that are a bit much? Oh, and if you don't get hatemail it isn't good enough.

Nightshot

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 428.00
Bank: 7,126.00
Better to post this in the PVP section.

DethKidz

Souls: 30.00
Perhaps xD

Esquire

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 3,013.00
Wiki Edits: 55
Moved to correct section of the forums.

DkS_Nexus

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,956.00
You should probably make an effort to understand diminishing returns before you gloat about your build being OP

omgoff

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 2,611.00
DkS_Nexus wrote:You should probably make an effort to understand diminishing returns before you gloat about your build being OP

It's a glass cannon build. Diminishing returns are irrelevant when your primary focus is pumping as many points as is possible into your only damage stat (in this case INT).
"The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Ultima_Weapon_90

Souls: 35.00
Not sure if op is serious or not but this build isn't particularly good for a couple of reasons:

• It is rendered completely useless and unable to attack by anyone who uses profound still (huge AoE that prevents magic use by enemies)
  • Magic is easy to just roll through and your character has no defense and no melee weapon. Anyone decent can just roll through the spells, including soul great sword and destroy this.
  • Stacking magic defense is much more effective than stacking physical defense. With great magic barrier (very common), Black witch robes and a good ring its attacks will do almost nothing.
  • There is a lot of investment in intelligence, which is alright, but you don't use crystal soul spear which is the best offensive sorcery, just kind of a waste.
  • Just because it is worth mentioning twice, you have NO defense and are COMPLETELY shut down by profound still

I've fought pure casters before, after a profound still they don't know what to do, it's funny. Here is a build at 150 which is very good:

Lv 150 Soul Memory 2481809
VGR 25
END 18
VIT 19
ATN 25
STR 20
DEX 12
ADP 6
INT 40
FTH 40

Lightning Defender Greatsword +5
Magic Black Witch's Staff +10
Hexers Hood +5
Havel's Armor +10
Havel's Gauntlets +10
Havel's Leggings +10
Third Dragon Ring
Royal Soldiers Ring +2
Southern Ritual Band +1
Clear Bluestong Ring +2
2 Great Magic Barriers, 4 Numbness, 9 Affinity, 6 Crystal Soul Spears

Great magic barrier and (if you feel like it) numbness make the character really bulky with the armor. Affinity is way better than soul mass and can one shot people, crystal soul spear is fast and can deal around 1200 if it hits and when buffed the defender sword can hit for 550 per light attack and more on heavy attacks. I've had comments from people thinking the build is sl 250+.

And of course if level isn't an issue, this is the epitome of broken:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_rg2ucO4U

DkS_Nexus

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,956.00
omgoff wrote:
DkS_Nexus wrote:You should probably make an effort to understand diminishing returns before you gloat about your build being OP

It's a glass cannon build. Diminishing returns are irrelevant when your primary focus is pumping as many points as is possible into your only damage stat (in this case INT).

If your primary focus involves dumping 30+ soul levels into a stat for an insignificant increase in damage output then you're doing it wrong.

There is no point to being a "glass cannon" when you can pretty much do the same damn thing with a build that reallocates points into more useful stats when you hit the point of diminishing returns. If OP wants to needlessly gimp himself that's one thing, but if that's the case then the "hey guise look at my super overpowered broken build" undertone in the OP is really unjustified.

omgoff

Caffeinated
Guardian

DkS_Nexus wrote:
omgoff wrote:

If your primary focus involves dumping 30+ soul levels into a stat for an insignificant increase in damage output then you're doing it wrong.

There is no point to being a "glass cannon" when you can pretty much do the same damn thing with a build that reallocates points into more useful stats when you hit the point of diminishing returns. If OP wants to needlessly gimp himself that's one thing, but if that's the case then the "hey guise look at my super overpowered broken build" undertone in the OP is really unjustified.

I agree with you in a lot of respects. It's far from an optimized, min/max build. But it is certainly a "glass cannon" in the sense that it seems to be solely focused on damage output, with little to no regard for defense. If it were me, I'd drop INT to 60 and dump the rest into ADP. More I-frames would give this build a lot more survivability while keeping with the low HP, "glass cannon" theme.

omgoff

Caffeinated
Guardian

Ultima_Weapon_90 wrote:Not sure if op is serious or not but this build isn't particularly good for a couple of reasons:

• It is rendered completely useless and unable to attack by anyone who uses profound still (huge AoE that prevents magic use by enemies)
  • Magic is easy to just roll through and your character has no defense and no melee weapon. Anyone decent can just roll through the spells, including soul great sword and destroy this.
  • Stacking magic defense is much more effective than stacking physical defense. With great magic barrier (very common), Black witch robes and a good ring its attacks will do almost nothing.
  • There is a lot of investment in intelligence, which is alright, but you don't use crystal soul spear which is the best offensive sorcery, just kind of a waste.
  • Just because it is worth mentioning twice, you have NO defense and are COMPLETELY shut down by profound still

I've fought pure casters before, after a profound still they don't know what to do, it's funny. Here is a build at 150 which is very good:

Lv 150 Soul Memory 2481809
VGR 25
END 18
VIT 19
ATN 25
STR 20
DEX 12
ADP 6
INT 40
FTH 40

Lightning Defender Greatsword +5
Magic Black Witch's Staff +10
Hexers Hood +5
Havel's Armor +10
Havel's Gauntlets +10
Havel's Leggings +10
Third Dragon Ring
Royal Soldiers Ring +2
Southern Ritual Band +1
Clear Bluestong Ring +2
2 Great Magic Barriers, 4 Numbness, 9 Affinity, 6 Crystal Soul Spears

Great magic barrier and (if you feel like it) numbness make the character really bulky with the armor. Affinity is way better than soul mass and can one shot people, crystal soul spear is fast and can deal around 1200 if it hits and when buffed the defender sword can hit for 550 per light attack and more on heavy attacks. I've had comments from people thinking the build is sl 250+.

And of course if level isn't an issue, this is the epitome of broken:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_rg2ucO4U

I'm interested to see how this build fares after they implement the patch on the 18th. :P