Schedule Events and discuss in-game and user-made covenants. Share tips, plan, and coordinate with your fellow players!

Icegodzilla

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 3,243.00
Wiki Edits: 3
May all men and false gods pay for what they have done

Hello welcome to the Obsidian Lords. We are a dragon covenant set on killing man kind and ending the Age of Fire. We do this by using the Brotherhood of Blood, the Bell Keepers, the Rat King, and the Dragon Remnants to hunt down and kill all who do not believe in the True Gods. The goal of this covenant is to kill your opponents by any means necessary in the name of the dragons, and to avenge the fall of the Age of Ancients. We believe that the dragon riders enslaved innocent wyrms for their own desires and that the fake dragon in the dragon shrine is a mockery to the dragons of old, and it must be destroyed.

Below is the story that has been passed down Obsidian Lord line for thousands of years. It tells of our birth and how we found the True Gods of the world, unfortunately time has taken away the memory of the man's name and the name of the Great Obsidian Dragon.

Chapter 1 The man and the Obsidian dragon
Such power.........Such fury. Truly this must be a god.

The man thought as he stared at the powerful being. The magnificent creature was far below him in a valley eating some foul lesser beast. The being looked like some type of lizard, but far more grand. It was large and strong, with rows upon rows of glistening black scales, black as obsidian…

In all my twenty five years of life, I have never seen such a glorious creature. I wish I could just stay here and gaze upon this being for the rest of my life.

In fact that is just what the man did, he stayed on that lonely mountain watching from a distance as the great being continued its life.

Then one day, an undead walked into the God's valley unaware of what he was doing.

Foolish undead! This is the place of a God, you will not be spared from his fury!
The creature spread its massive wings and leapt high into the sky in a single bound, releasing a pillar of flame at the lone warrior. Sure enough the undead was killed before he could utter a sound.

What a display of power! Truly this magnificent creature has no equal!

The grand being flew for some time, and the man looked on in wonder, but the creature's victory did not last forever...

A sudden cracking sound was heard off in the distance. A great arrow burst forth and lodged itself within the dragons chest. The being let out a terrible roar as it fell from the sky, stunned.

WHAT HORROR DARES TO HARM THIS MAGNIFICENT GOD!?

The man stood up and unsheathed his dagger in fury.

I'll kill whoever did this, or die trying!

As the young man frantically looked about to find the culprit, three undead walked through a wall of mist into the valley below. One appeared to be the same undead from before, while the other two emitted a strange golden aura. The grand creature laid before the men, writhing in pain.

DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HIM!

The man raced down the mountainside as a epic battle between undead and God began.

The God rose and let out a roar, so massive that it knocked the undead off their feet. quickly recovering, the three took their own ways, and surrounded the great being. The young man grew closer to the arena of dirt, fire, and blood, as spears of lightning, arrows of audacious size, and mighty tongues of flame tore the battlefield part. The God, weakening from the original wound, fell down onto its knees. The three undead closed in, weapons ready to deal the finishing blow.

But something happened, that they did not expect...

A young man, without any true skill in combat or bravery, thrust his dagger deep into the back of the familiar undead. As his lungs filled with blood, he fell forward, collapsing to the ground. Clutching the dagger with white knuckles, he rushed forward at the closest golden warrior. But before he could reach him, a blast of force slammed into his side, and sent him flying into a nearby boulder. Weak, but not yet defeated, The God saw its chance and let forth a breath full of what can only be described as dark energy at the remaining two undead. After the dust cleared, both were gone, and the great being made a deep sigh. Grabbing the arrow lodged deep within its bosom, the creature winced as the hefty piece of metal was pulled completely out. It then proceeded to pack dirt into the wound to prevent further blood loss. Gazing across the field, the God saw the man laying with his back against the boulder, crying in pain and slowly dying from the brutal blow he received.

Foolish little man… Thou should be killed for entering my territory. Undead are not welcome here, for they worship false gods that destroyed my kind.

I apologize, O magnificent god, but I could not stand by and watch as these three unworthy and disgusting undead enter your domain and try to do you harm... If my punishment is to be death, then so be it... But please... answer my one question. You say that... that me and my kind worship false gods that killed your people... Surely no such beings could possibly destroy ones so grad and mighty as yourself...

The man said this while coughing up blood and getting on his heads and knees bowing to the god
VERMIN!!!! THOU KNOWEST NOT OF THE FALSE GODS THAT TOOK THE POWER OF FIRE AS THEIR OWN AND USED IT AGAINST MY KIND!?

no....no I do not..... Such a thing can not be....

Foul undead, if thou doth not know this, then how can thou knowest of me and my kind.

The man's sight stared to go dark, and his mind became hazy

I… I don't think I am long for this world… Forgive me for my ignorance… All I know is that you have… the power, strength, and beauty befitting that… that of a God.

The dragon breathed a sigh, and looked at the corpse of the fallen undead at his feet.

Pathetic human, if thou truly wishes to know of the truth, survive long enough to hear my words. Come, crawl to the corpse of the one felled by thou’s own hand, and drink of the flask he possessed.

Desiring more than anything to hear the words of the God, he slowly dragged himself to the lifeless corpse. He drank the glowing liquid from the flask, and his wounds began to heal.

Thank you, O mighty God. Please tell me what are you.

Standing high above the man, wings extended and eyes glowing with fire, the great being spoke with such power that the words rang out for miles.

I… AM A DRAGON!!

Chapter 2 The man learns the truth of this world
A dragon!? Please tell me more, and why did this potion healed

Fool you truly know nothing do you. It is called a divine blessing and was created by one of your false gods

WHAT

Then man then tried to spit out the potion contents.

I do not desire the items of false gods. I would rather die

Then you are a bigger fool then I thought. True it was made by false gods but you should use their pathetic items and power to your advantage. After all what does it matter what you use, as long as you get the job then that is all that matters. Use their pathetic power against them.

I see, so will you tell me about who you and your people are?

hmmm it is rare to see one of your kind so ignorent and yet curious about my kinda. Very well I shall tell you about the time of DRAGONS.

Long ago my people ruled over the world things were grey quiet and peaceful. Then the horrid Souls of Lords were found. It gave the weak fake gods the power to hurt and kill my people. Then one of our own a weak and deformed dragon joined them and helped them kill dragon kind

The dragon then went into great detail about the wars that the fake gods had started. He told man of the remaining dragons, how the traitor still lived

Such horrid things these souls of lords. They must be destroyed as too must the false gods that wield them and their foolish worshipers. Hell all mankind should pay for this

Indeed they should all die.

The dragon paused and looked at its wing. For it was aching from the bolt that had pierced it.

I will kill the foolish creature that harmed you O great and powerful Obsidian dragon.

What who said I was letting you out of here alive. I only let you drink the potion to let you know of the true power of dragons

Please my lord let me kill then one that did this, let me make this world pay for he pain it has caused your kind.

hmmmm fine go kill this man then come back with his bow as a symbol of his death

The man got up and went to the tower to kill his lords attacker. After a long and hard fight the man killed the attacker. He then went to return to the dragon with the bow. Unfortunately what awaited him fueled him with such rage and angry then he had never felt before.

NOOOOOOO YOU MONSTERS HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO THE MIGHTY OBSIDIAN GOD!!!!

There before him has the obsidian dragon's body covered in wounds with an undead and a phanom standing over it. The man then pulled out the greatbow and shoot the phantom down. The undead rushed the man with his sword but the man span around and whacked the undead in the head with the bow knocking the undead down. The man then grabbed the undead's sword and plunged it into the undeads chest.

Die and stay dead you dammed monster

The man went to the dragon's body and wept.
after a few hours the man got up full of rage in his heart. He remembered the dragons words "what does it matter what you use, as long as you get the job done then that is all that matters" and decided to use parts of the dragon to forge power weapons and armor in order to destroy mankind and its pathetic age of fire. One such weapon was the Obsidian great sword that was eventually broken down to make the black dragon weapons we see today.The man journeyed throughout world doing all that he can to avenge the obsidian dragon death and the fall of its people. He found the everlasting dragon and its followers. He went to them, told them the tale of the dragon, and showed them the obsidian sword as proof. The poor followers of the everlasting dragon had no idea about these events and became full of rage after hearing the man's story. Many joined the man in his desire to destroy mankind and their false gods. They formed the group Obisdian Lords, named after the black dragon that showed them the truth of this world

Below is the current day events and why we have decided to make the people drangleic pay.
Chapter 3 Drangleic and its horrors
Thousands of years have past since the man met the Obsidian dragon, a god of true power and greatness. The Obsidian Lords still remain trying to make mankind pay for what they did. They traveled across the world looking for any living dragons and looking for ways to destroy man once and for all. It was during there travels that they came upon Drangleic. when they got to the dragon aire many wept in joy at the site. Never before had so many descendants of dragons been gathered in one area before, but then they saw the dragon riders, and the leader of the Obsidian Lords spoke out in fury.

IS THAT THE FILTH OF MAN RIDING WYRMS, SUCH A THING SHOULD NEVER BE DONE!!! How dare they use drakes for their own selfish needs. The wyrms should be free, not used as common HORSES.

The group spoke stared at the site of men riding dragons and soon the entire group was angry and spiteful.

Then they learned a dragonslayer of old was fighting along side these dragon riders.

WHAT IS THIS!!! A servant of the false gods, a kill of the ancients and true gods live among them. Such Heresy must not go unpunished.

Then they saw the fake dragon, one that a taken place of the true Ancient Dragon.

THIS IS A GREAT INSULT TO THE ANCIENT GODS!!!! This kingdom will be punished for this.

Then the group learned of the petrified egg being locked away.

THE LAST REMAINING OFFSPRING OF THE ANCIENTS IS BEING HELD CAPTIVE BY THIS MAN FLITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WILL NOT LIVE.

Never before had the Obsidian dragons felt so much rage, not since the fall of the great Obsidian dragon. The men and women of the obsidian dragons took up arms and flooded dragon shrine. They took the egg back and kill the fake dragon and its protectors. They took the egg to a man named Magerold of Lanafir who carried the armor that the Obsidian Lords use. The man shows true love for the dragons and knows that the egg can't be kept in this so called dragon shrine.

Ever since these events the Obsidian Lords have been doing all that they can to make the people of Drangleic suffer for their insults to dragons. Know that you have heard our story surly you also understand our rage and angry towards the king of this land. Come join us in making this world suffer

Rules
1.) Must use dragon body at all times, this is only for your obsidian lord builds and is required in order for you to rank up in the Obsidian Lords. (Several events do not require dragon body except for Dragon fight club and Boss assault events)
2.) During in cov duels you may not heal. You may heal during invasions, and you may heal during the dragon hunger games covenant event, but not with estus.
3.) You may not join the ingame covenants “heirs of the sun” and “Blue sentinels” because they worship the false gods. However you may join them temporarily in order to gain their cov rewards so that you can use their powers against them.
4.) no hacks allowed as in no infinite health no infinite stamina etc.

These are the Obsidian Lord’s rules besides them you are permitted to use whatever you desire as long as you are fighting to rid the world of mankind, and their false gods. These rules only apply to your Obsidian Lord covenant build, and do not apply to any other of your builds unless you wish them too.
Last edited by Icegodzilla on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Godzilla the Rock always up for jolly co op

Icegodzilla

Insomniac
Sinner

Rankings

Ranks are earned by killing certain bosses and winning a set amount of invasions. Dragon, Blood, and Pilgrims are worth 2 points. Bell and rat winnings are worth 1. You may combine covenant winnings in order to rank up. The Dragon cov winnings to get the dragon body stone do not count since all members are required the use of dragon body. All kills after obtaining dragon body in the dragon cov do count. All members must obtain dragon body in order for their points to count. You are allowed to co op the bosses that are required to rank up. To present points one may either summon another member of the obsidian lords (preferably one of the dragon rank or higher) and show them the items they gained from killing there hosts for instance if the points were obtained from rat kills then they must drop all of their rat tails so that the higher ranking member can count them. For points gained in the Blood invasions, Bell invasions, and Pilgrim invasions one must chime in the group chat after every kill.

Darkeling-

Newly born followers of the black dragon. Fierce in battle and have a nasty bite. To gain you must join the Obsidian Lords and get dragon body.

Drake

A growing member of the obsidian lords. They have started to learn the ways of the obsidian lords and their prowess in battle has grown.

To obtain one must earn 80 points. You must kill also kill the three dragon riders and the dragonslayer. All members are required to obtain dragon body before they start counting wins.

Wyrm-

fierce beasts of the black dragon. They are cleaver and stop at nothing to obtain victory.

One must also win 200 points and be fairly active in the thread. Remember only the kills done after obtaining dragon body count for ranking.

Dragon-

These creatures bring true terror to man and gods alike. They are intelligent strong, many run in fear of their might. They are some of the most respected members of the covenant

To gain one must kill king vendrick and you must kill the ancient dragon (or should I say fake dragon). One must also win 400 points. Once this is done they must fight with a member that is of dragon rank or higher and you must prove yourself to them. If they past this test the ritual of becoming a dragon must start. You must take the ancient dragon soul, one gets from the petrified dragon, and place it on the floor of the area where the fake ancient dragon used to rest. This is to symbolize that the fake is dead and now and the memory of the true dragons lives on. During the ritual if it is possible two members of the Obsidian lord must accompany you during this ritual. One must be of dragon rank or high and one must be of wyrm rank or lower as a symbol of your rise through the ranks. Once the soul is dropped you and the two members will do dragon roar. Then the lower rank member will do the prostration gesture, while the higher rank member does a simple bow.

Elder Dragon

This is a dragon that has been through many trials. They are extremely deadly in combat, they are some of the strongest members in the Obsidian lords.

To earn one must obtain 1000 points. They also must prove themselves to the Obsidian dragon and the Ancient dragons. They must also be very active in the thread and chat group. They must also join and participate in at least 3 of the Obsidian lord's events.

Ancient Dragon-

One of the wisest beings to ever walk this world. They have a ton of knowledge and their words are to be taken with the upmost respect. To gain one must prove to be very knowledgeable and to be of great assistance to me.

Obsidian Dragon-

The most powerful member of the covenant. This member is smart strong and powerful (he is also pretty handsome if I do say so myself and I hear hes single.) this is the leader of the covenant.
Last edited by Icegodzilla on Mon May 12, 2014 10:49 am, edited 20 times in total.

Icegodzilla

Insomniac
Sinner

Events/News

News

Events

Prop Hunt
So Prop hunt is basically a kind of hide and seek game.The host summons two reds and then looks at a wall or something and waits for the two reds to hide. The reds must use silver talismans or chameleon spells to try and blend in with their surroundings. They can not hurt the host unless the reds are spotted or blatantly ignored/missed. The red that kills the host becomes the host for the next round.

Rules:
1) reds can't attack host unless they are spotted or blatantly missed.
2) host can't attack the reds while they are going to their hiding spots (host may attack any object that he thinks the reds are)
3) host also can't watch the reds hide.
4) one red can't rat out the other red's hiding spot
5) anyone can join

Got the idea for the event from the youtube channel FireLink
here is the video they used

Dragon Fight club
These are members only fight clubs. Host summons two reds and the reds fight each other. This is where we will hone each others skills and become more fearsome. They will be located in the first drake nest in dragon dragon aerie.

Rules:
1) no healing during the duels
2) no hacking as in no infinite health and no infinite stamina
3) no attacking the hosts unless the hosts say they want to fight

Requirements to join:
1) most of there will be held in ng+
2) soul memory around 5 mil (this is debatable if anyone wants a different soul memory limit)
3) soul level varies for each fight club most will be either 125 or 150 (can be a few lvls higher or lower) 200 may happen if enough people want it.

Dragon Hunger games event.
If we obtain ten members in this cov then I will hold a pvp event called the dragon hunger games every two weeks. I have not decided on sl or whether it will be on ng+ “mostly because soul memory is annoying to work with” Other covenants are free to join. It works just like the hunger games events that were done in dks1. The host of the world goes about killing all the npcs in an area, then he hides varies weapons, armor, and items around the area. He will then summon 2 reds and a white/gold phantom. The phantoms cannot use any items, weapons, or armors that they already possess. The idea is that the host gives off a signal and the phantoms must ran about finding items to use on each other. The winner is the last man standing. The host can join but know that if the host dies they have to rest all the stuff and kill the npcs all over again.

The hunger games idea came from sunlight blade and here is is video explaining it in dks 1

Events chat
http://obsidianlords-event.chatango.com/

Dragon Journal Entries
This is where chracter jounral entries are placed, this is for rpers who want to add a little more to their gameing experience. Simply post your latest journal entry on the thread and I will add it here. You can also have multiple charters

Obsidian- Character by Icegodzilla
once I start ng++ I will put the entries related to this character in this spoiler
Last edited by Icegodzilla on Sun May 18, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Icegodzilla

Insomniac
Sinner

Member's game tags, systems, and ranks

Member Ranks

Drakeling
Arysiaf-ps3
Emajin-ps3
knightofnight12- xbox and xbox one
snyperwulff- playstation
F0rEverKnight11
NKQCT-ps4
larrythepanda-xbox one
Moscrow-ps4
HavocKB-pc
Drake

Wyrm
PaPaSmVrf-ps3
TomBombadil515_ -ps3
Dragon

Elder Dragon

Ancient Dragon

Obsidian Dragon
Icegodzilla-ps3 and ps4

Members list
PSN
Icegodzilla psn name Icegodzilla
Arysiaf psn name is Arysiaf
PaPaSmVrf psn name is Arrmorcore
Emajin psn name is Curious_Kitty
knightofnight12 xbox name knightofnight12
snypewulff psn name is snyperwulff
TomBombadil515_ psn name is TomBombadil515_
NKQCT psn name is NKQCT
Moscrow psn name is Moscrow
Xbox
knightofnight12
larrythepanda gt LaRRy TH3 P4NDA
PC
HavocKB
Last edited by Icegodzilla on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 am, edited 27 times in total.

Nightshot

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 428.00
Bank: 6,780.00
Well this is unique. Nice little meta too.

twilightwarwolf

Revived
Savior

Souls: 5.00
Bank: 1,215.00
This is AMAZING! Truly impressive lore, cov idea, and event all in all! This is certainly worthy of the Obsidian One XD I can't wait to see this as it becomes huge!
]

Leader of the Redeemers check us out sometime t26599/redeemers-of-the-night-official-thread/

And check out the event! Forum wide! p638918//#p638918

Icegodzilla

Insomniac
Sinner

Thanks guys, I will be working a little more on editing the lore and what not, I had fun coming up with it. The event is gonna be a little tough to do since soul memory is a pain. Ideally it would be for soul level 50 but since the hosts will have to take time buying items and getting armor and weapons this means their soul memories will be pretty high. So I might make it a ng+ sl 100 thing idk yet.

Icegodzilla

Insomniac
Sinner

Attention I am adding the event "Dragon Journal Entries" to the events/news post.

It is something that rpers can do to get closer to the ideas of the covenant. Basically you start the game with your Obsidian Lord build and talk about his journey through drangleic. You can also talk about how your character joined the Obsidian Lords. To add a journal entry you post your character's name and his entries on the thread and I will add them to the events post.

I will be starting mine soon, right after my dragon build gets to ng++.

Edit: WOWWWWW POST 900. One day I will reach that one thousand mark lol

Shkar

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 2,560.00
Bank: 19,531.19
Wiki Edits: 7
Well. I suspect I will see conflict between the Obsidian Lords and the Scions of Eternity?

Nightshot

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 428.00
Bank: 6,780.00
Did not think of that. Conflicts are really starting now!