Schedule Events and discuss in-game and user-made covenants. Share tips, plan, and coordinate with your fellow players!

True_King_Doran

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 269.00
Hello! This short guide was created with the intention of being the first stop for those looking for a user made covenant. Below you will find a list enumerating most of the covenants created on this forum. I hope to one day have all the covenants for this game but that is still a work in progress. If you are a covenant leader, PLEASE! post a covenant description as follows:

COVENANT NAME (link)
Categories (PvP, Co-Op, Event Based, Role Playing)
Description (This should be short description of either your lore, or things like rules/requirements, common activities for members. Sell your covenant here.)

So, if you were ever unsure, a user made covenant is one created and maintained here on these forums, with the intent to play in-game in accordance with that covenant's self-described lore. That's right, any one with the will can make their own covenant! A covenant leader typically takes in-game items, lore, and locations to reinforce their covenant's take on Dark Souls II. Don't be confused, these are not actual in-game covenants. Honestly, a demonstration is perhaps the easiest way to understand. Please, browse the forums and the various covenants. Get a feel for a few, then come back here and see if any others catch your eye.

I will update this thread as frequently as I can with short descriptions of each covenant, detailing their lore and basic tenants, but I encourage each covenant leader to submit his own description in his/her own words. These descriptions may be found in the spoiler text below each title covenant. Links to the covenants official threads are attached to each covenant title. The categories section, below the spoiler text, should give a vague impression of what you'll be a part of if you join the covenant.

Please! Make suggestions, make recommendations, make criticisms! If you have a covenant you'd like added please do not hesitate to contact me! This tight knit community drew me so much deeper into the Souls series than any other aspect of game play, so keep it tight ya'll :cheers:
Last edited by True_King_Doran on Sat May 24, 2014 1:16 am, edited 9 times in total.
“Half of seeming clever is keeping your mouth shut at the right times.”
- Patrick Rothfuss (Author of The Kingkiller Chronicles)

True_King_Doran

Addicted
First Warden

This list is ordered alphabetically - although a push for those with the highest number of members first is still feasible if enough people desire it.

The Aegis Guard
Categories:
PvP, Role Playing
The Aegis Guard has become the last line of defense between the King and those who would slay His Majesty, deep in His Undead Crypt. If any should wish to take His soul, they must prove themselves worthy before our blades. We live only to serve our leader, Velstadt the Royal Aegis, and our King. We are the Aegis Guard, and we will always be at the King's side, as if we were our Lord's own shadow - pervasive and deadly. After the King retired to the Undead Crypt, Velstadt followed, never to return. And neither shall we.

Black Devil Ship
Categories:
PvP, Co-op, Role Playing
[spoil]It be the hour fer us to rise 'n conquer th' great eleven seas again. So, me calls out fer all th' fellow band 'o pirates in here. I be needin' a new crew to set sail. th' departure gunna be on No-scurvy dog's Wharf (Be knowin' to ye as "No-man's Wharf"). In order to start our conquest, we need to secure th' area surroundin' our vessel - th' mighty, powerfull 'n supreme Black Devil Ship!
Ye don't need to be th' most strong, handsome or skilled scurvy dog to navigate in our ship. ye only need courage 'n thirst fer blood 'n spiced rum. So, come gather pirates in 'tis blood spillin' adventure 'n let th' head 'o our enemies roll through th' decks.

Brotherhood of Lanafir
Categories:
PvP, Co-op, Role Playing, Event-Based Gameplay
The Brothers, those few chosen by the will of Zinder, God of desire, travel endlessly, in a search to quench their thirst for treasure. Led by the call of adventure, it is The Brothers who must maintain Zinder's Great Paradox, continuing the never-ending cycle Want and Fulfillment. Now, one must ask himself: Have I been chosen?

The Chaos Legion
Categories:
PvP, Event-Based Gameplay
Magic is a living creature. A being of insurmountable power. But like all beings, it can be controlled, and contained. It can be tampered with and manipulated, it can be powerful and weak. Magic is no mere art, but something more akin to a life form we harness for our own purposes. Sometimes, however, the creature that is magic and the creature that is human, can live together in a single vessel. The proof of this is the Royal Sorcerer Navlaan. The man played with the Dark Arts and drew the attention of a being far beyond his comprehension. But this being is nothing of a danger, no, this being is a savior of our cursed lives. The power Navlaan discovered when he and the being became one is our most primal desire. With it, we will destroy all who stand in our wake, all who question our power, all who pretend they know the fate of Drangleic. We are The Chaos Legion, members of an order sworn to free the Chaos Sorcerer and embrace other beings would would lead a new age for Drangleic."

Citizens of Drangleic
Categories:
PvP, Role Playing
Time and time again, we have been betrayed. No more! Each time we have let ourselves be led, we have been
forrgotten; left behind so that those in charge might further their power! And where has this gotten us; a land ravaged by war, haunted by specters and murderers, and invaded by knights attempting to reclaim what isn't here. In the ruins of our once proud civilization lie monstrosities of such evil as to see us utterly destroyed. Our way of life is rotting away before us, and no one will lift a finger to aid us.

We built this land; we will take it back.

The Cult Of Heroes
Categories:
Co-op, PvP, Cosplay
Inheritors of a dead flame, heroes now arise from both ash and stars to fight an oncoming darkness. Now the rebirth of battle shall coddle the new flame and those that align with it.

The Disciples of Artorias
Categories:
PvP, Co-op, Role Playing
The Disciples of Artorias are adventurers, warriors, sorcerers, clerics and knights who have elected to follow in the footsteps of the legendary Abyss-Walker Knight Artorias, one of Gwyn's Four Knights. They protect those who cannot protect themselves, while carrying on His legend. They are led by the Abyssal Heir, Azhaiel - chosen by fate after the death of his predecessor - and Nightshot, the Phantom of the heir, who shadows the footsteps of all Disciples as a guardian angel, destroying those who wish them harm. Our primary focus is protecting the weak from the shadows as Blue sentinels, and treading upon the bodies of murderers. Our highest directive, our number one rule, is to be honorable and respectful, no matter what. May our swords strike true the bodies of the evil and the cruel, and may our shields protect our allies and charges.

Harvesters of the Primordials
Categories:
PvP, Event-Based Gameplay, Role Playing
Kingdoms rise and fall but the Harvesters have always existed by one name or another. Led by the Primordial Serpent Kaathe, they now invade Drangleic on many fronts though they show the most presence within the castle itself hunting down the would be successors to the Throne of Want with any means needed to accomplish this task. Preventing any from reaching Nashandra whom only grows in power with each kill they make. They extract shards of the dark from their bodies and surrender them to Kaathe, stopping any whom would brave the Dark. Emerging from the pathways into the Abyss comes an ancient threat that has withstood the tests of time. The Age of Dark is coming once more...

The King's Mirror
Categories:
Co-op, PvP, Role Playing
This Covenant largely focuses on supporting The Looking Glass Knight in his eternal watch over the King's Passage. Covenant members are an attachment of the same elite group as this Knight, and as such we operate close to the King himself. We are tasked with aiding The Looking Glass Knight in defeating those who would dare invade the hallowed halls of Drangleic Castle. Image-Bearers rank up through every victory along side of The Looking Glass Knight and greater rewards are given if they emerge victorious from a battle against two or three enemy players. This Covenant is a blend of PvP and Co-op. As an Image-Bearer, you are a knight, similar to a Blue Sentinel. And just as they do, you exist to protect other players.

Knights of The Rose
Categories:
PvP, Co-op, Role Playing
The Knights Of The Rose are a primarily PVP focused covenant based around the idea of not using magic, and instead using physical builds, technique, and skill to win matchups.

Knights Of Quella
Categories:
Co-Op
The idea is to co-op to infinity and beyond, so that every Knight of Quella has the game completed till NG 10+. This covenant is ideal for people who are primarily looking for other people to beat the game with.

Nomads Of The Blades
Categories:
PvP, Co-op, Role Playing
The Nomads of the Blade were founded by a Forossan named Razula who became cursed shortly after Forossa fell into pure chaos. He managed to escape the country before a group of assassins could reach him, thanks to his close friend and ally, Vengarl. Once he reached Drangleic, he found his friend decapitated. After spending time with Vengarl's head, he vowed to slay the body to give him rest. Once he had done so, Vengarl asked him one last favor: to carry on the glory of Vengarl and Razula's band of warriors, and found an order.

Obsidian Lords
Categories:
PvP, Event Based Gameplay
We are a dragon covenant set on killing man kind and ending the Age of Fire. We do this by using the Brotherhood of Blood, the Bell Keepers, the Rat King, and the Dragon Remnants to hunt down and kill all who do not believe in the True Gods. The goal of this covenant is to kill your opponents by any means necessary in the name of the dragons, and to avenge the fall of the Age of Ancients. We believe that the dragon riders enslaved innocent wyrms for their own desires and that the fake dragon in the dragon shrine is a mockery to the dragons of old, and it must be destroyed.

Old King's Requiem
Categories:
PvP
We are the Huntsmen of the Copse. We hunt upon all the undead who trespasses thru our grounds. Hesitation isn't in our vocabulary and we always strike without any remours. Members of the Covenant should primary invade with Cracked Red Eye Orbs but Red Soup Stone is permitted. Members are only encouraged to use Token of Spite in order to rank up as you gain more souls while hostin. Our hunts take place in the Huntsman's Copse, since it was here our King, the true King, commended these hunts long ago. Only the most skilled Rogues of the Covenant may head outside of the hunting grounds to extend their hunts.

"Rex in æternum Tueri moritur" ~~~~ "To protect the King until eternity dies"[/spoil]

The Order of the Azure Knights
Categories:
PvP, Co-op, Role Playing
The Order of the Azure Knights are an elite and mysterious order of blue spirits. They are dedicated to good and helping others. Though, they are not to be taken lightly. They are well versed in the art of hunting down sinners who have unjustly slain the innocent. Some even say these knights were formerly dark spirits of vengeance from a far off land serving an even more mysterious witch-deity. Regardless of their nebulous origin and inner-workings their work is well-known and feared

Redeemers of the Night
Categories:
PvP, Co-Op, Role Playing
We are those who have mastered the dark and can control it so as not to be like our predecessors, who use dark magic for ill gain. We show that drangliec hexes and the dark are not as corrupt as many think. WE do this through various means such as co-op and pvp. Our aim is to redeem ourselves and show we are not what our predecessors had become and that hexes and the dark can be used for the greater good.

The Sun Creed
Categories:
PvP, Co-op
The Sun Creed is centered around the co op aspect of the game. They are many are are always looking to help there fellow adventurer. The Blades of the Night is the PvP side of the Sun Creed. The focus of this portion of the covenant is to participate in Blue Sentinel invasion and punish the sinners of Dark Souls 2.

The Wayfinders
Categories:
Co-Op, PvP
The Wayfinders are a mixture of PvE and PvP with a strong emphasis on lore, to cater flexibly for a wide array of members’ tastes. We aim to protect the one who will rightfully sit upon the throne, as well as all those who are lost seeking help. On the other hand, members will seek out and destroy those of wicked intent: defilers, usurpers and false claimers to the throne. For the best experience within our covenant, it is recommended you be a part of one of the following in-game covenants: The Way of Blue,The Heirs of the Sun and The Sentinels of Blue.
Last edited by True_King_Doran on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:38 am, edited 25 times in total.

FellipeMariano

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 153.00
I can start the thread and keep updated as long as the covenant leaders can provide me the necessary info.

True_King_Doran

Addicted
First Warden

Yeah, that sounds good to me. So now I suppose we need to start contacting the covenant leaders. I'll go through this part of the forum and assemble all the various covenant leader's name for the easiness of contact. Anyone else interested in this idea? Any tips or suggestions to make it better?

EDIT: Just contacted everyone in this subforum I could about this. Let the responses roll in!

FellipeMariano

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 153.00
I will create the topic once some info is posted here.

Nightshot

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 428.00
Bank: 6,848.00
I PMed you back about it, and my idea on how to make it better.

True_King_Doran

Addicted
First Warden

Fantastic, sorry for the lack of response people, finals are coming up lol I'll post the info now.

Nightshot

Caffeinated
Guardian

If you are planning on having the leaders write them, I'll have to since Az will be away 2 or 3 weeks still.

True_King_Doran

Addicted
First Warden

Yeah that'd be fantastic Nightshot, just PM me the description you'd like me to use!

Nightshot

Caffeinated
Guardian

True King Doran wrote:Yeah that'd be fantastic Nightshot, just PM me the description you'd like me to use!

Sent.