For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

k0rruptid

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 4,902.00
Yes yes i know, "another topic about healing, really?" but just hear me out.

I'm sure its common knowledge among people who just want to fight and not heal, and fight opponents who don't heal, but it seems just chugging all your estus as the beginning of a match in front of an opponent has become the international sign for an "honor" duel, or just duel whatever you want to call it.

Ran into a guy who did this, and it took me too long to figure out why he was doing it, so he black crystaled out and gave me the free win, i messaged him asking why and i assumed it was because i am a mage and wear the mage hat and everything, i assumed he just hated fighting mages. I was wrong, he said i didn't honor the duel or the signal, and i was just like what are you talking about? Then it hit me.

I think i tried it before in the arena and just got attacked anyway, but the nice guy told me about the signal (chug all your estus) to signal a real duel. Now here's the thing about duels, i feel no matter how cheap a tactic may be/seem, i feel its all alright when you agree to a duel, like i hate the Avelyn as much as anybody but if you use the Avelyn, consider doing the signal and maybe people won't hate to so much for it, kind of went off a tangent about the Avelyn/opness but whatever its just a thought.

Been doing this in every single fight in the red arena and has some amazing results, majority of people do the same and let each other buff/whatever and then duel. Some people seem to not realize why you do it and just attack or, or they realize and simply don't care.

I refuse to heal anyway in the Arena, and sort of relied on people trusting that i wont heal, you know if they bow to signal a duel. Do not expect people to trust that you wont use estus, just chug them all and duel.

It made the arena for me from a complete mess of annoyance to some great fights and a great experience.
I am offended that you are offended, please cease and desist from being so offensive.

SolaireOfAstora

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 881.00
Bank: 3,573.00
Reminds me of dark souls 1. When i got hatemail from people about wrath of the gods i'd spam it in front of them then put my katana to work. Made me feel preetty coool.

Anyway. I guess i'll try chugging estus in the blue arena then. I feel like people are gonna do what they want most of the time anyway, after all that's the name of the game right?

k0rruptid

Insomniac
Sinner

SolaireOfAstora wrote:Reminds me of dark souls 1. When i got hatemail from people about wrath of the gods i'd spam it in front of them then put my katana to work. Made me feel preetty coool.

Anyway. I guess i'll try chugging estus in the blue arena then. I feel like people are gonna do what they want most of the time anyway, after all that's the name of the game right?

Sure, but its obviously only if you want a real duel, or what people consider a real duel.

So far more people have responded by doing the same, and if they want the free win they can take it. It makes for a much more enjoyable experience fighting like minded players.
I am offended that you are offended, please cease and desist from being so offensive.

Braveheart

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 975.50
Bank: 777.00
Too much work. I'd rather just fight. Do you really have to go that far just to prove you won't heal?

~Gavlan Crew~

k0rruptid

Insomniac
Sinner

Really? Pressing the use estus button a few times is too much?

Besides when you meet up with a player for the first time, do the signal and chug all your estus, if they return the respect the next time you run into them you obviously don't need to bother because you know they will honor the mutual agreement.

Its not even so much about chugging the estus, as it is what it actually represents. It serves to put players on the save wavelength/into the same mindset, and as i said just helps to determine like minded players.

So for people who really hate healing/people who run/whatever, this serves as the best method to find out what kind of player you really are.

Show a little respect, and you might be surprised what happens.

I do however advise you to get used to seeing it, before long it will be all you see in the arena, everyone else will just take the free wins handed to them and move on.

If you fail to return the signal, and fail to let me prepare, i will black crystal out or let you kill me.

Rynn

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 7,139.38
Then I'll enjoy the free wins and covenant ranks.
I don't back up to estus, but I've estus'd before when something curious occurs. Such as if we've got a multi-leveled arena, and my opponent falls off the top level, intentionally or not. I only heal when my opponent has put some extreme difference inbetween our positions.
I can't decide; whether you should live or die.

k0rruptid

Insomniac
Sinner

Rynn wrote:Then I'll enjoy the free wins and covenant ranks.
I don't back up to estus, but I've estus'd before when something curious occurs. Such as if we've got a multi-leveled arena, and my opponent falls off the top level, intentionally or not. I only heal when my opponent has put some extreme difference inbetween our positions.

I'll gladly feed you free kills all day if you refuse to show a little respect.

AEMIII

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 4,447.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Oh yay.. another "Yes yes i know, "another topic about healing, really?" but just hear me out. " topic about healing.

We get it, people need to stop spamming with this useless info that has been spammed 1,000 times over.
Twitch username: AnxiousAlbi
Currently playing: Dark Souls
Status: Online now! No mic, but will be in chat. (Audio problems working on) Midnight stream
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

SolaireOfAstora

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 881.00
Bank: 3,573.00
k0rruptid wrote:
Rynn wrote:Then I'll enjoy the free wins and covenant ranks.

I'll gladly feed you free kills all day if you refuse to show a little respect.

At this point it seems like less "maybe some guys will do it" and more an attempt to enforce law on the whole playerbase. Fromsoft will disable estus if they agree with you.

As for respect.. I never estus unless the other person does first. But i don't feel disrespected. If someone chugs they're probably bad and it won't take long to kill them anyway. Then again i never get as salty as some about this kind of thing.

Nightshot

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 428.00
Bank: 7,197.00
When you chug all your estus at the start of a match I will just laugh and hit you with a GRS.