notice that whenever I reach Act 3 despite selling off things and doing all quests Hawke is too poor to buy basic health potions. The suppliers also dwindling, around the time when completed Meredith's quests why? I've patched to 1.04, don't have black emporium. Dlcs cannot work for my version.

Usually if I am a mage I can revive anyone who collapses later on, without anders. haha now I'm a rogue every potion needed.

Does anyone here still play?

Mike3207

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 153.00
Bank: 214.00
Are you using Rune of Fortunes-that should help a lot.
Shapeshifter Extraordinaire

Solaris68B

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,118.00
I use the "Valuable Junk" mod with DA2 for more decent funds. There are 2 file versions, one for 10x the initial value of items & junk, the other for 100x the value. This will help you a lot in Act 3. Also, you can make potions from ingredients at your home.
I considered DA2 selling/buying price system insane from the start, so the moment this mod was available I used it every time I played DA2.
And of course using several Runes of Fortune helps also to raise more funds.

Tarshana

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 3,036.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 103
Tbh DA:2 has gold issues starting in late Act 1 going into Act 2, especially if Hawke is considered high society. I also get the Valuable Junk mod. Better than straight cheating. :) I am unsure what you mean about DLC's not working o.O
Shop Icon

Solaris68B

Addicted
First Warden

Tarshana wrote::) I am unsure what you mean about DLC's not working o.O

It`s possible Fenris8 has DLC validation problems.

I had some serious issues with Origin and my game content. I still have.
I first bought a DVD version of DAO, bought the first two DLC`s from BW using the point system. Then it stopped working (I was no longer able to buy points). Ended up buying DAO-A from an UK-based online shop (I`m from Europe), then DAO-UE from the same shop because there was no other way to get the last three DLC`s.
The problem is, BW did a spectacular mess with my game content. I made the mistake of using the same BW account for the initial DAO + A + DLC`s and the DAO-UE. I encountered trouble validating DLC`s for the Ultimate Edition (?). Finally I used Origin to sort things out. It worked for a time.
Then last year I noticed my purchased DLC content disappearing for both DAO-UE and DA2 when trying to reinstall the games (I upgraded to Windows 10, and did a Win 10 clean install after). So I bought another DAO-UE on Steam. And recently I reinstalled DA2 without using Origin, and worked for all DLC`s apparently - I got Warp the dog already.

I don`t know what is happening at EA concerning content validation, but for me the last straw was the never delivered DAI pre-purchase. With no explanation. I refused to buy the DVD version (a decision sweetened by the fact that BW canceled the click-to-move mouse option for DAI). Back then I had both DAO-UE and DA2 installed with Origin. Now I have them without, and are working well.
Oh, and I made another BW account for the DAO-UE from Steam. Just to be sure... :)

Mike3207

Hollowed
Redeemer

Tarshana wrote:Tbh DA:2 has gold issues starting in late Act 1 going into Act 2, especially if Hawke is considered high society. I also get the Valuable Junk mod. Better than straight cheating. :) I am unsure what you mean about DLC's not working o.O

I've had over 100K using the Rune of fortune before entering the deep roads at the end of Act 1. There's also a very short list of items you want to pick up there: backpack, enchanted silverite chain belt for 5g, thrice bound for 3 g, and Tome of Technique.

Solaris68B

Addicted
First Warden

I replayed the start of Act 1 trying to achieve as much money as possible. By doing only a few quests in Kirkwall I ended up with around 55 gold, enough to buy both backpack updates, both armor updates for Aveline and Varric, the Rune of Fortune design, one such rune and the Fallen Star ring from Black Emporium.

I used Black Emporium, all Weapon Packs and the mods Valuable Junk and Wow of Pride (2 piece armor mod). Also Gibbed DAO save generator. Started Act 1 with no money since I did the Athenril quest. I sold every potion gifted by the game after visiting each area.
I like to use the auto-leveling weapons from the Weapon Packs since otherwise you have to change them constantly. The Wow of Pride mod gives two auto-updating black pieces of armor (hood and chestpiece) which look nice on a rogue.

I never played DA2 without Black Emporium (I bought the game with this DLC included). The Rune of Fortune design is sold there. So I don`t know if it`s available in the game on another place, and where. If you cannot find or buy the design for it, it can be problematic to raise much money. But there are some free bonus items offering more money / better equipment from enemies. Rings, belts, amulets. Not as powerful as the rune for armor pieces, but it can still help. Try using them on your active party members (as many such items as possible). Some new such items are also available as loot during the game.

Mike3207

Hollowed
Redeemer

Rune of Fortune and Design of Rune of Fortune are both sold at Black Emporium, and it's the only place you can buy those items. It would hurt if you don't have that DLC with money acquisition.

Like Solaris said, there are + coin items you can add without BE and it will help, just not as much as rune.

There's supposed to be an item in the Disused Passage in Act 3 that adds 100+ coin. That'd be something to keep an eye out for.