By Kayn7919
Was wandering why there is no toolset with dage2 , and if when they will release it?
By Zem_
There was a no-commit reply by David Gaider around here somewhere to that question basically saying that they haven't ruled it out yet but can't promise a date if/when it will be released.  Sounds like it's a low priority item for them.

I also suspect they'd prefer some time to sell DLC before everyone just makes free mod versions of all the DLC items. :)
By Vaeron
I haven't made a mod since the original NWN, when they provided a partial beta of the toolset right before release. I found the Origins Toolset too overwhelming for a variety of reasons, but it seems like the DA2 toolset might be a bit easier to use since the world/view is a bit more confined. I'd like to get my hands on it, for sure.

The original NWN toolset had such ease of use, and the modding community really helped extend the life of the game. I hope Bioware gets back to encouraging that.

Edited by Vaeron, 22 March 2011 - 06:29 PM.

By Bryy_Miller
There are tons of DA2 mods out already, so I doubt this is an issue anymore.
By MonkeyLungs
There won't be a toolset guys and gals.
By Soilborn88
Yeah I don't think Bioware intends for a Toolset either.. And I think the main reason is because in a couple more months DA2 will be like a fart in the wind, long forgotten and everyone else will be playing other games releasing later on.
By Vaeron
Well, that's the point. NWN clung around for years in part because there was an active modding community and an easy to use toolset. If anything, da2 being old news in a couple months is an argument for the release of one, not against it.
By LightSmith

Bryy_Miller wrote...

The mods out there are all retextures, without a tool kit people are limited in what they can do
By OdanUrr
Posts Avatar
I can see this one coming from a mile away, "Please refrain from posting to month-old threads. Thank you."

I don't think they'll release a toolset until they have at least released a couple more DLCs.
By Chromie

Bryy_Miller wrote...

No new areas, quests, companions nothing can be done on the scale of DAO with out a proper toolset.