The place to discuss Dark Souls II

Seignar

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 1,734.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2
When used at a Bonfire, it moves the surrounding area (Usually the entire level if they only have 1 bonfire) into NG+, then respawns ALL enemies, bosses and items in the area. This has so many uses it is just insane. You can farm Estus Flask Shards, Sublime Bone Dust, Boss Souls, Crystal Lizards, Souls Vessels and even more Ascetics. It even gives you access to NG+ items.

What are your thoughts on this? It is a pretty grand item, probably the biggest thing in Dark Souls II. It speeds up builds really quickly since you can get to NG+ end-game before beating the Final Boss. There are so many Ascetics in the game too (You can buy like 25 of them...). Anything you need can be gotten by burning an Ascetic.

javarush

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,039.00
this is a really awesome item. never knew it's full effect till i read this. i think ill be getting my +2 soldier ring later. hehehe :)

StarScarJenova

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 328.00
Ive been using them in my rat areas for obvious reasons. I did use it to farm the Llewellyn set right before the looking glass knight fight right before Shrine of Amana. :D

Myztyrio

Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Souls: 1,765.00
Bank: 2,068.00
Wiki Edits: 9
The problem is that until you have a fully upgraded weapon, this can be quite challenging.
I stream regularly at Twitch.tv/Myztyrio. Check it out!

I've also got a Youtube:
youtube.com/myztyrio

aknightadrift

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 526.00
Question for you guys about the Ascetic: I used one in the Iron Keep in order to keep farming the knights there for souls, and while I was there, I put my summon sign down to also help with the Smelter Demon. I was summoned to someone's world to help, but when we made it to the fog gate and the host entered, I was instantly kicked. Is this because I raised my world's level there and respawned the demon? Would the Ascetic have this kind of effect or was this just a glitch? Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this or had any insight. Thanks!

Dark_Spirit_EliteBiker20

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 605.00
Bank: 3,033.00
So using the Ascetic spawns bosses again? This is awesome, now I can get all the boss weapons without going into a new playthrough. If you do spawn a boss again though, will they give you the NG boss souls such as Paledrake soul?

Also, does the Ascetic turn the whole game into NG, or just the area around the bonfire? In an area with multiple bonfires, will you keep moving between NG and 1st playthrough, or will that entire area be turned NG?

Seignar

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 1,734.00
Wiki Edits: 2
They'll drop items based off their NG+ parameters. If any Boss drops additional items in your next play through, they'll drop them. It replaces the drops, so any NG exclusive items can't be farmed. Luckily, I don't think such items exist

Lt_Dan6936

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 633.00
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:So using the Ascetic spawns bosses again? This is awesome, now I can get all the boss weapons without going into a new playthrough. If you do spawn a boss again though, will they give you the NG boss souls such as Paledrake soul?

Also, does the Ascetic turn the whole game into NG, or just the area around the bonfire? In an area with multiple bonfires, will you keep moving between NG and 1st playthrough, or will that entire area be turned NG?

Just the area around the bonfire.
EXAMPLE: I burned one at the first bonfire at Heides Tower of Flame. It respawned all of the old knights, and the Dragon Rider. All of the knights took 3 to 4 strikes to kill before this, and now they take 7 to 9, but the knights directly after Dragon Rider are still 3 to 4.