Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

xysizzle

Casual
Convict

Souls: 310.00
Bank: 0.00
Tonight, I was trying to participate in my first fight club with the streamer Nelson. This means I spend quite I bit of time looking at mine and other people's summon signs. As a rather religious Jew, I can write and read Hebrew (not fluently, just basic stuff), with this knowledge I noticed something. The summon signs appear to be collections of Hebrew letters. Has anyone else noticed this? It's very bold writing so I could be completely wrong, but if I'm right, then I'll try and figure out what it says

Nevis_Ysbrid

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 604.00
Bank: 4,800.00
Oh, really? Well, then. Tell us when you have an update!
I am the Grey that shall become Red, the Ysbrid that shall become the Ddraig, the cloud and lightning. Red aether art I, the Heaven/Venom of Ben Nevis.

Here's our Nodiatus Test thread. Come tell us what you are!
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,409.54
Wiki Edits: 460
This would be awesome if it was and it said something. Definitely should be looked into
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
It is the little things,indeed!
Please...your interpretation is much awaited.

Hugh_G_Johnson

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 3,399.00
I think someone on PC should be able to read the messages no problem. I was watching someone stream on PC and you could clearly read the "Soul of the lost..." speech that the Maiden in Black says in Demon's Souls on a message -- I'm certain that's a mod. But, if you were able to get a close up look of a PC orange soapstone message you should be able to see it clearly.

PS

What the hell am I doing in this thread? :shrug:
Blade of the Level 120

xysizzle

Casual
Convict

Souls: 310.00
So after getting some sleep and coming back to translate it, I have come to two viable conclusions. 1) It isn't full Hebrew and is possibly just random symbols that coincidentally look like Hebrew or 2) I'm not used to this style of writing Hebrew and it's just too hard to translate for me without assistance from a native speaker. Sorry guys, I tried my best :/ hopefully somebody will be able to further my efforts in the future :D

Caciowskij

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,808.00
There are still lot of things to discover before dsII is released :D
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there.
xysizzle wrote:So after getting some sleep and coming back to translate it, I have come to two viable conclusions. 1) It isn't full Hebrew and is possibly just random symbols that coincidentally look like Hebrew or 2) I'm not used to this style of writing Hebrew and it's just too hard to translate for me without assistance from a native speaker. Sorry guys, I tried my best :/ hopefully somebody will be able to further my efforts in the future :D

You tried that's what matters. Thanks! Keep an eye watch...never know what you might see. :)

Cronotis

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 64.00
Bank: 293.00
It's an interesting idea. While the symbols in the summon signs may not be "full Hebrew" as xysizzle said, they might be based on Hebrew or some other script entirely. For example Illusorywall has been examining files in Demon's Souls and it says here that the visible page of the book that the Fool's Idol is holding is actually from the Book of Kells

Shag said Twizzle

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,690.00
Not linked to the Summon Sign language or anything, more tied to the title of "Little Things"

1) For a game that's about Hollows, do you think "The Great Hollow" was named on a whim?

2) The roots of the Archtrees don't seemed that fazed by the Lava. Makes you wonder how the Witches burned them down years back...