Discuss wiki content and organization here.

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Souls: 500.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 100
Hey guys today I just completed some weapons today like: Dagger*, Parrying Dagger*, Straight Sword Hilt, Broken Straight Sword, Shortsword, Longsword, Sunlight Straight Sword & rechecked the Broadsword on the Crystal path.

Now when I mean "rechecked the Broadsword", someone already completed the Crystal path for it but forgot to check the box. And about the Parrying Dagger &.. Dagger someone assumed the Param Bonus for the last two upgrades were the same & this may have happened with other weapons too. So lets hope that has not happened by praising the sun & double checking. :00020:

P.S. Oh another thing I notice was the Avelyn has two stars next to the "x" for RE14 & the Sunlight Straight Sword has a star for divine, anybody know why?

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Update: rechecked Balder Side Sword & Manserpent Greatsword, did Barded Straight Sword, Bastard Sword, Flamberge, Zweihander, Demon Great Machete & Greatsword on the crystal path.

P.S. Almost forgot to add this kinda in a rush to go to sleep, but anyways. I didn't do the Darksword because I wasn't sure if I was guaranteed to grab another one in NG+ or I could join the covenant get it then leave & join again to receive another Darksword or all together do trades with other players.

Another thing I notice is about the Golden Serpent Ring. It seems if you wear it long periods of time, rate of items dropping happens less & less then become like normal drop rate. BUT it could just be me staying up late while getting frustrated with these Dark Wraith drop rates. :yawn:

I'm going to a friends house for a week because I don't have the transportation to get to college so you might hear from me between now & thursday or just not. On friday though, I'll be back home & perfect for the event. See you guys later. :00020: :00020: :00020:
Last edited by WeedLOL on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serious_Much

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 2,229.00
Bank: 6,703.66
Wiki Edits: 22
The star is probably for a former detail which would likely have said "permanently kills skeletons" or the like which was then taken out at a later date.

The reduction in drop rate isn't a thing. It's probably frustration just to say (it feels like it for me too). The whole drop rate thing is based off maths and random chance though, I've never heard anyone actually report repeated farming of the same mob reduces drop rate.

For the Darksword thing, you can only receive each item/spell once from each covenant. Once you've got the darksword from them, that's it and you need to trade with other players most likely.

Lastly: I'm very thankful for your hard work on the wiki, as I'm sure all the rest of us are! Great effort with the upgrades and keep at it!

People often focus on "discoveries" and formulas for damage etc, but even more key than that is the weapon information on the wiki. Glad to see you're willing to help complete that.
"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"
Forum Guidelines- Have a peek
Shop IconShop Icon

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Update: I didn't do any weapons this week because college started up again, plus had to stay at a friends house & I had to get my cosplay character ready for "The Dukes Masquerade" event.

Thanks for such an informative reply, (why so)Serious. I guess I'll have to start doing various of trades soon.
The work I do is no big deal, even a hollowed man can do it. Just filling in a few numbers, letters, a bunch of titanite, TIIIIIIIIIIME & then giving up your insanity. Oh & you're welcome for not losing your insanity. :laughing:

P.S. I'm still doing The Dukes Masquerade event in Anor Londo with Solaire. Anyone care to join? :00020: :bounce:

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Update: Well instead of continuing the crystal path for weapons on the to-do list, I stepped upon the Dragonslayer Spear only because a couple of buddy's wanted to do a trio of Sunbroism. On the wiki it assumes how dex & str builds up the physical damage & faith builds up the lightning damage.

It does in fact! It's a small increase compared to the physical parma bonus because there's only one stat to build upon for it.

VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
That's a neat little wrinkle and glad you were able to confiem the wiki entry on it!
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Forum Guidelines / Wiki Hub / Fextralife Blog / Write for the Blog / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

So... where's all the other weapon editors? I know Hughjohnson was or still is working on the Grant with a specific post but I made this kinda of a general post so everyone can be kept up to date with each other. Wasn't expecting myself to go hollow here. :-O

P.S. Also I can't get my bookmark button to work & my banner to work, which has nothing to do with this topic but it's annoying me.

VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 273,720.49
Bank: 7,719.71
Wiki Edits: 20694
Weed I really appreciate the work you are doing but I've been full on admin mode organizing stuff across several wikis and their organizers, so it becomes almost impossible to fit in edits - I'm usually creating pages or solving code issues :(

Please don't give up! *cheers*

On your bookmark/banner... what's the issue? Is this a forum or wiki problem?
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WeedLOL

Casual
Convict

Oh Miss Fex, you have a free pass :thumbs up: because you are the Webmistress & I remember you talking about being one of the main organizers for the wiki. I'm talking about all of the other ppl that wanted to be wiki editors/organizers here: https://fextralife.com/forums/t25205/wiki-organizers-needed/. I'm trying not too give up here, just bummed out what seems like I'm one of the few doing weapon edits.

I'm having trouble making this as my banner http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74getV2Up1r9gncto1_1280.png, I made it so it can fit in the signature area but it doesn't show up like as though the pic it self has a problem or I need to update something on my computer.

And for bookmarks.. I'm talking about the forums. I tried to bookmark https://fextralife.com/forums/t25587/dark-magic-scaling/ because THAT is some good *** information there & would love to come back to it whenever I planned to make a character for Dark Magic.

When I click onto the "bookmark topic" icon, it doesn't do a confirmation or at lease change to saying "Unbookmark topic". I even went to the "User control panel" to see if it booked it & obviously it hasn't.... :sick:

VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 273,720.49
Bank: 7,719.71
Wiki Edits: 20694
I think most of those people are looking to DKSII. I'll bug some more peeps on helping you fill in other data ;)

I made your signature - the issue is that sigs must be under 700px wide 200px tall.

No idea what's up with the bookmark, I'll look into it!!
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon