Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.
1 
Reply  

SeriousDogg

Regular
Battle Tested

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Tower of Latria
Souls: 374.00
Posts: 90
Reputation: 2
#1
Credit is for the Youtuber "DaveControlLive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-QxQhZid_E
Watch on youtube.com


Velka supports the Darkwraiths not the Darkmoon Blades, or atleast the Darkwraiths support/worship her.

*The statue of the girl protect the child in the pained world (99% that it's Velka) also appear before the fog gate of the Four Kings, (BTW no Gwyn statues in NLR even tough he gave the Kings part of his soul)

*Priscilla is the origin of the Lifehunt/lifedrain that the Darkwraiths using, Velka probably works with Kaathe and he told the Four Kings about Velka, Priscilla, and her Lifedrain ability, that's why they placed statues of her (Velka)

*The Dark Set got black feathers, u know, Velka and black feathers (crows)

*Gwyndolin hates Velka, thats why he rewards you Souvenir of Reprisal from the Harpies in the PW, and they are the followers of Velka.

*Velka is probably the strongest/smartest being in the Dark Souls lore and she playing both sides and everything is connected to her.

Another good theory that comes along with this theory : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5i2kTRGgrs

CakeThiefPro

Obsessed
Commander

Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 pm
Souls: 1,700.00
Posts: 489
Reputation: 13
#2
SeriousDogg wrote:*The statue of the girl protect the child in the pained world (99% that it's Velka) also appear before the fog gate of the Four Kings, (BTW no Gwyn statues in NLR even tough he gave the Kings part of his soul)

*Priscilla is the origin of the Lifehunt/lifedrain that the Darkwraiths using, Velka probably works with Kaathe and he told the Four Kings about Velka, Priscilla, and her Lifedrain ability, that's why they placed statues of her (Velka)

*Gwyndolin hates Velka, thats why he rewards you Souvenir of Reprisal from the Harpies in the PW, and they are the followers of Velka.

*Velka is probably the strongest/smartest being in the Dark Souls lore and she playing both sides and everything is connected to her.


Ok this is a really interesting theory but I have a few issues with it.

Firstly I don't think Gwyndolin rewards you with Souvenirs of Reprisal for killing Harpies. They're found on their bodies and you have to pick them up whereas if you kill Lautrec for example it's an instant reward that just appears (you don't think Nito rewards you for killing frogs right?). If anything this suggests that the harpies are members of the dark moon blades or used to be. They were locked away for a reason so we know at some point a sect of the DMB revolted against the Gods.

Perhaps Velka tried to aid Kaathe and intentionally gave the Dark Wraiths life drain but I doubt it. If you look at the description of the dark hand it's says they 'used the power of the dark soul to absorb humanity' which is actually really interesting. I think it's basically confirmed that Humanity is the Dark Soul suggesting they found a way to make humanity attract other humanity (possibly like twin humanities or even fire keeper souls?) however I don't think they learnt this from Priscilla directly. Kaathe as a primordial serpent that can live within the Abyss almost certainly would have been able to do this himself and we've seen Manus manipulate humanity so I don't think lifedrain is an art only Priscilla could have learnt.

I think it's just as likely Velka aided Havels rebellion by forging the occult club to kill/punish Gwyn or one of the other Gods resulting in her followers being turned into demons (maybe even the remaining sunbros or even the firstborn himself helped but he was banished and his followers turned into the batwing demons?). Ok my head is exploding with ideas a little which normally results in me talking out of my ***. The black feathers on the Dark Wraith armour are a damn nice catch but I'm not convinced there's enough evidence that Velka was working with them (We don't know when those statues were made or even who they represent).

Velka is definitely not the strongest being in Dark Souls. From a lore perspective it's probably Gwyn or maybe even Kalameet. I guess you could try and argue the player character as well but either way it isn't Velka. In game it's the serpents/ever lasting dragon since they can't be killed. I see no reason to believe she's even remotely as strong as them although I will admit she's almost certainly very smart.

We don't know enough to say she's playing both sides at all. Now that we know Dark Souls 2 is a sequel it makes the speculation that the woman in the first trailer is Velka a lot more interesting. If she was alive throughout Dark Souls there are only a handful of places I can think she was.

1. Either with Gwynevere/other Gods perhaps after being forgiven or maybe she wasn't a traitor at all.
2. She is the Giant Crow that picks up the player (which really would make her a contender for most powerful being alive)
3. She's living alone, possibly in exile
4. She's living with Allfather Lloyd or Earl Arstor of Carim (her bishop is from Carim right?)
5. Unknown location probably relevant to Dk2

God Velka is such a mystery. Sorry for all the rambling I tried to make it readable...

SeriousDogg

Regular
Battle Tested

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Tower of Latria
Souls: 374.00
Posts: 90
Reputation: 2
#3
CakeThiefPro wrote:
SeriousDogg wrote:*The statue of the girl protect the child in the pained world (99% that it's Velka) also appear before the fog gate of the Four Kings, (BTW no Gwyn statues in NLR even tough he gave the Kings part of his soul)

*Priscilla is the origin of the Lifehunt/lifedrain that the Darkwraiths using, Velka probably works with Kaathe and he told the Four Kings about Velka, Priscilla, and her Lifedrain ability, that's why they placed statues of her (Velka)

*Gwyndolin hates Velka, thats why he rewards you Souvenir of Reprisal from the Harpies in the PW, and they are the followers of Velka.

*Velka is probably the strongest/smartest being in the Dark Souls lore and she playing both sides and everything is connected to her.


Ok this is a really interesting theory but I have a few issues with it.

Firstly I don't think Gwyndolin rewards you with Souvenirs of Reprisal for killing Harpies. They're found on their bodies and you have to pick them up whereas if you kill Lautrec for example it's an instant reward that just appears (you don't think Nito rewards you for killing frogs right?). If anything this suggests that the harpies are members of the dark moon blades or used to be. They were locked away for a reason so we know at some point a sect of the DMB revolted against the Gods.

Perhaps Velka tried to aid Kaathe and intentionally gave the Dark Wraiths life drain but I doubt it. If you look at the description of the dark hand it's says they 'used the power of the dark soul to absorb humanity' which is actually really interesting. I think it's basically confirmed that Humanity is the Dark Soul suggesting they found a way to make humanity attract other humanity (possibly like twin humanities or even fire keeper souls?) however I don't think they learnt this from Priscilla directly. Kaathe as a primordial serpent that can live within the Abyss almost certainly would have been able to do this himself and we've seen Manus manipulate humanity so I don't think lifedrain is an art only Priscilla could have learnt.

I think it's just as likely Velka aided Havels rebellion by forging the occult club to kill/punish Gwyn or one of the other Gods resulting in her followers being turned into demons (maybe even the remaining sunbros or even the firstborn himself helped but he was banished and his followers turned into the batwing demons?). Ok my head is exploding with ideas a little which normally results in me talking out of my ***. The black feathers on the Dark Wraith armour are a damn nice catch but I'm not convinced there's enough evidence that Velka was working with them (We don't know when those statues were made or even who they represent).

Velka is definitely not the strongest being in Dark Souls. From a lore perspective it's probably Gwyn or maybe even Kalameet. I guess you could try and argue the player character as well but either way it isn't Velka. In game it's the serpents/ever lasting dragon since they can't be killed. I see no reason to believe she's even remotely as strong as them although I will admit she's almost certainly very smart.

We don't know enough to say she's playing both sides at all. Now that we know Dark Souls 2 is a sequel it makes the speculation that the woman in the first trailer is Velka a lot more interesting. If she was alive throughout Dark Souls there are only a handful of places I can think she was.

1. Either with Gwynevere/other Gods perhaps after being forgiven or maybe she wasn't a traitor at all.
2. She is the Giant Crow that picks up the player (which really would make her a contender for most powerful being alive)
3. She's living alone, possibly in exile
4. She's living with Allfather Lloyd or Earl Arstor of Carim (her bishop is from Carim right?)
5. Unknown location probably relevant to Dk2

God Velka is such a mystery. Sorry for all the rambling I tried to make it readable...


I think that the Statues before the Four Kings confirm they got connection with Velka.

also the Dark set got black feathers, u can see it clearly.

And what the hell Velka would do with Lloyd or the earl? (Chester probably, so it may be so?)

CakeThiefPro

Obsessed
Commander

Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 pm
Souls: 1,700.00
Posts: 489
Reputation: 13
#4
There's nothing confirming the statues are of Velka at all. It's probably but they could represent Gwyns wife or Feena or someone else entirely.

Secondly I admit that the Dark Set has black feathers but that doesn't prove a link completely. I mean all people that use brass armour don't serve the same lord nor do those with steel armour. It could very easily be a design meant to intimidate and totally unrelated to Velka.

Thirdly if Velkas bishop is from Carim it means she either chose a bishop for each area/country which isn't impossible or that she had connections to Carim which means she could potentially be living their in hiding or perhaps as a figure of authority. I mean there's probably a reason Oswald was sent above all others which could be location or he demonstrated his skill or he was easily replaced as Velka was already in Carim and had influence there. Allfather Lloyd is simply the only other major player that isn't confirmed to be in game (well them and Flame Lord Flann) and it is highly unlikely, if Velka was as influential as you say, that she would have had some dealings/connection with him. Perhaps there's a reason they both decide to sit out on the Gods leaving Anor Londo and/or Gwyns sacrafice/death?
Avatar

junker154

Obsessed
Commander

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:31 pm
Location: Luxembourg
Souls: 3,645.50
Posts: 541
Reputation: 18
Wiki Edits: 2
#5
SeriousDogg wrote:I think that the Statues before the Four Kings confirm they got connection with Velka.

also the Dark set got black feathers, u can see it clearly.


This is really interesting to note but I think it's a bit far fetched. We still don't know if the statues represent Velka in anyway, although I'm pretty sure that it's Velka. Also perhaps they just added the statues for decoration and just reused the one from the Painted World, perhaps it's just an reused asset. Although I have to admit that From is rather really delicate when it comes to such things. The black feathers don't say that much, the armor looks really threatening and the feathers can only be of a decorative nature.

We just lack enough information, alas it's still a great theory.
Check out my twitch channel where I regularly stream Bloodborne. Under the name of BritishCO.

Feel free to add me on PSN if you want to do some coop, pvp or talk! Name is "BritishCO"


Honora Set Perfidia, Potentia Set Magus
#6
Even if it is her, it could have been there long before the Four Kings were seduced by Kaathe. Also, Pricsilla has 'Lifehunt', not 'Lifedrain' (if that really makes a difference...)
Avatar

Caciowskij

Obsessed
Commander

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 pm
Souls: 2,808.00
Posts: 694
Reputation: 13
#7
Isn't the giant crow undead?
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there.
#8
Caciowskij wrote:Isn't the giant crow undead?


We honestly don't know if 'Undead' even applies to other creatures. The crow is most likely alive since it can run away from u if you try to kill it (tried it).

SeriousDogg wrote:also the Dark set got black feathers, u can see it clearly.


I looked at them closely and they look more like fur than feathers to me(compare to Gwyn's Lord set for comparison).
Avatar

junker154

Obsessed
Commander

Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:31 pm
Location: Luxembourg
Souls: 3,645.50
Posts: 541
Reputation: 18
Wiki Edits: 2
#9
Caciowskij wrote:Isn't the giant crow undead?


No
Check out my twitch channel where I regularly stream Bloodborne. Under the name of BritishCO.

Feel free to add me on PSN if you want to do some coop, pvp or talk! Name is "BritishCO"


Honora Set Perfidia, Potentia Set Magus
Avatar

Caciowskij

Obsessed
Commander

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 pm
Souls: 2,808.00
Posts: 694
Reputation: 13
#10
I killed the crow an few patches ago (however i think it's then same now) and it respawned like any other undead
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there.
1