The place to discuss Dark Souls II
Hey so I got the pre-order card from Gamestop and I already put my codes for the 2 bonus items in at the /redeem web site and it said it took them, and it won't take them again so I'd assume they're registered.  But I don't have them in game and they're not showing up on my downloadable content list?  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Nevis_Ysbrid

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 604.00
Bank: 5,044.00
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Dark Souls contains a rich lore that fuels the imagination of the player and, if explored, reveals hidden mysteries and carefully crafted story-lines that enrich gameplay. This article aims to explore the correlation of Humanity and its inherent spirituality. You can find more lore articles such as one on Crossbreed Priscilla, or Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls Rune Translation.   And with Fire, came Disparity… heat and cold… life and death… and of course, light and dark. This is one of the opening lines to the dark fantasy game Dark Souls, and foreshadows it's central theme of conflicting elemental forces of the world., ...
I am the Grey that shall become Red, the Ysbrid that shall become the Ddraig, the cloud and lightning. Red aether art I, the Heaven/Venom of Ben Nevis.

Here's our Nodiatus Test thread. Come tell us what you are!
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 387,369.49
Bank: 9,419.71
Wiki Edits: 33129
I really appreciate the time and effort that went into this article, it shows you've spent time thinking about the lore and its intricacies and how gameplay meets settings.

Thank you for a really interesting read and I hope there's more of this in the future! :00004:
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Im_Super_Jesus

Souls: 0.00
Very interesting read and obviously hard work put into it!

10 (" ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ ")/10 (" ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ ")

Glaedr

Heh. I developed this throughout my first playthrough of Dark Souls, which was early 2012, and I've only developed it since. So, yes, I've spent a lot of time on this. I've had this in the back of my mind for a while, and I finally decided to share it.

deathkit1

Souls: 5.00
Wiki Edits: 1
It's amazing some of the things you miss, and then someone writes an article like this and it makes you want to go back and play and pay EVEN MORE ATTENTION. Like the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to me now. Anyone else experienced this?

Cas

Glaedr

Repeatedly, Cas. And each time, the information in this has only gotten more developed and reinforced.

Diamondace22

Souls: 3.00
Really enjoyed this article. Very Good.

sansenoy

Souls: 5.00
You're forgetting the most important thing, the fact that the humanity in dark souls is a fake... A fragment of the great Dark soul, summoned from the Abyss to ingrain itself into those cursed with the darksign upon their eventual death... It replaces the heart and soul, as you well put it, with an entity capable of emulating whatever the cursed ones holds dear, forever pushing them onward to a single ending with which we're all familiar. That is the true nature of humanity in Dark Souls, the crux of all the intertwining storylines, struggles and all out wars depicted in the game... For me, the real mystery is the curse behind the great scheme, the secret of the darksign. There is barely a hint about it's origins anywhere in the game, with some basic nudges towards Velka and such... However, we can hope to learn a lot more about it in a few months time, because the single word used by Fromsoft to sum up the plot direction in DS2 is *curse*
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 387,369.49
Bank: 9,419.71
Wiki Edits: 33129
Hi! Welcome to the site I think!

Thank you for a great comment, the Dark Sign is indeed a mystery item and the reason we chose it as the Wiki's Favicon!
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon