Anything without a home!

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,644.50
Yeah I really want to get Iceborne, it looks really great especially as a newer fan of the series.

Fallout 4 really is made better by mods, but I can't play it in any difficulty other than survival. The whole game is made better by not being able to fast travel or quick save. Forces you to plan out encounters and where you will have a settlement, and forces you to actually care about settlements a little more.

At least, until you get good weapons and power armor. Then you're just a walking tank that won't die.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,543.50
Any issue in FO4 can be easily resolved with a decked out suit of power armor.
Cheesy and awesome all at the same time.
My heavy uses it, but my assassin won’t touch it other than to transport it home for a companion.

Honestly, Vault 88 is way cooler than it should be (at least mine is).

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 10.00
Bank: 13,297.50
Wiki Edits: 3
I've been packing my PC gaming library due to Humble bundle. some good, some great, some meh, a few terrible.

I got Immortal planet a few days back, beat in two days, probably about 10 hours playtime. Pretty good, but the gameplay flaws were too numerous for my liking. Mainly due to the dashing and weapons/items variety. No weapon outside of the starting Sheiedaxe was as good, so I never switched except to test the other weapons out, and only a select few items and spells were worth having.

Plus, after beating the game, I looked up to see if I got the bad ending and how to get the good ending as I didn't see any way you could get it with the options available. Turns out the dev may have lied about it just to get people looking for a way to unlock an ending that isn't there.

Again, pretty good game overall despite its flaws, but not a good souls-like at all for what it cribs from souls games.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

BWO_RazrSrorm

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 27,018.00
Wiki Edits: 41
qeter wrote:dog has made a full recovery so that's good. anybody play remnant from ashes? i didn't get it due to its use of bosses with helper enemies.

I have it but have played pretty little. as i've not been able to play it with my friend.
I've been playing the new MHW expansion lately.
A perfect evening involves pizza, some tea, some bros, and dark souls.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 15.00
Bank: 7,501.00
Wiki Edits: 5
played the code vein demo. was better than i expected, definitely feels better than it looks, though its a bit weeb for my taste. the skill system reminds me of deaths gambit but its use of changeable presets works much better than discrete skills you invest in. i'll probably get it when it comes out.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Got Iceborne yesterday, took a little while to reacclimate to the game. Just beat Barioth, who gave me quite a few problems. Fast, aggressive, doesn't give you room for mistakes.

Only took me 8 carts to beat him.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Barioth gave my HBG some trouble. First attempt failed but got through it the second time. Probably 5 carts total. He’s way fast for his size.

Got my HBG to the Guilding Lands and then went on My DB toon. Decided that I just can’t deal with those things anymore (I hate how Demon Mode works with a passion) after the first 6 monsters and then switched to GS (such an easy weapon to trash the game with imo but fun). Currently grinding gear before I beat it again.

Also. Chopped off the tip of my thumb last night. Got some nail with it. Just shy of hitting bone. Makes using the radial kinda hard.
I guess that’s what I get for forsaking Dual Blades. I wound my offhand....

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Ouch, well fingertips usually heal up pretty well at least. Hopefully it was a clean cut. Had a few guys and gals I've worked with slice their fingers on meat slicers, or cutting raddichio. They usually had everything grow back to normal after a few weeks.

I had to grind out some Master rank gear after Barioth, I tried the next 2 monsters and couldn't keep up with their damage output. I know charge blade has those fancy guard points, but these monsters just hit so hard it didn't matter if I guarded or not. So far better gear has helped, but I haven't tried the Nargacuga or Glavinus again.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

I wasn’t full AT gear so yeah, I regeared as well. I suggest looking into their elements and ailments prefight and setting up proper gems. Always eat Veggie Plater unless they are full dmg (most aren’t).
I wouldn’t say the xpac is too hard but it will definitely punish you for not getting proper resistances.
The nullberry seeds are pretty useful for removing blights as well.

Guilding land has some really cool mechanics. You don’t get there till after you beat it. From what I can tell, it looks like a decent post game. I only messed around a bit with it though before jumping on a different toon.

All in all, I really like the monsters they added. I had fun on most of the later bosses, more so than the early ones. But it was like that in the base game too.
New Palico stuff is great though!!!

I chopped off the tip of a finger about 20 years ago and it healed fine, but I didn’t get any nail with it that time.
And yeah, very clean cut. It only hurts when I try to doctor it.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 15.00
Bank: 7,501.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Lich180 wrote:Ouch, well fingertips usually heal up pretty well at least. Hopefully it was a clean cut. Had a few guys and gals I've worked with slice their fingers on meat slicers, or cutting raddichio. They usually had everything grow back to normal after a few weeks.

I had to grind out some Master rank gear after Barioth, I tried the next 2 monsters and couldn't keep up with their damage output. I know charge blade has those fancy guard points, but these monsters just hit so hard it didn't matter if I guarded or not. So far better gear has helped, but I haven't tried the Nargacuga or Glavinus again.

got those chef hands huh?