Anything without a home!

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,298.50
Zombies have never bothered me. Then again, I’ve had dreams with dead things since a young child, so maybe I’m just desensitized to it.

Clowns used to bother me because I watched ‘IT’ when I was 8, back when it first aired as a mini-series.
But I was also a teenager in the 90’s when evil clowns, jesters and such were prolific in pop culture. So my fear of clowns didn’t last long.

Sea monsters!!
Now you got me.
I am absolutely terrified of deep water where I’m unable to see the bottom.
I also grew up around gators, not that I saw them a lot, but they were there.
River water can get pretty dark and it’s no fun swimming on a summer day and all of the sudden you feel something brush against you.
I quit swimming in that particular river...

But yeah. Deep water freaks me out. Even in games. Graphics don’t matter. The first time I went to an ocean floor in Starbound, my heart was still. It’s really funny to be honest. That something so simple can put me on edge even in games. I don’t mind it though. It helps immersion.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,486.50
Deep water is bad for me too. Any water, doesn't matter if it's dark or not. If I can see the bottom, like in a swimming pool, I still stay in the areas where I can rock bottom, even though I can swim somewhat competently.

I stay out of deep areas of lakes, rivers and never swam in the ocean. Something is gonna grab me.

Zombies I'm somewhat ok with. They don't bother me too much, after I get used to them. They freak me out, until I know how they behave then they don't bother me.

Also, I don't like clowns. Not a full blown phobia, and the intentionally scary ones aren't my problem. Pennywise is creepy, but not as bad as a normal clown you see at the circus or at a kid's birthday party. Whew, those are creepy as hell.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 88.00
Bank: 6,791.00
Wiki Edits: 5
i don't have any specific fears that jump to mind and as a 21 year old male i think my chemical inclination towards fear is somewhat suppressed. Then again i don't watch many horror movies so perhaps its just a lack of exposure. i will say that alien is probably the scariest movie i've ever seen; i don't know how people can compare it to jaws which always seemed more of a thriller to me.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Lich180 wrote:Pennywise is creepy, but not as bad as a normal clown you see at the circus or at a kid's birthday party. Whew, those are creepy as hell.

Exactly. As far as creepy goes, old withered people and babies creep me out more than anything horrific.
Also, sometimes overly bright, cloudless settings with pastel color pallets make me edgy. Like, as if I’ll suddenly be stabbed by a smiling bunny.
And people who smile a lot and always act happy.
Those, I definitely keep an eye on.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

qeter wrote:https://deepmind.com/blog/alphastar-mastering-real-time-strategy-game-starcraft-ii/
another challenge overcome. still needs more refinement but still well over a decade ahead of schedule.

So when AI overtakes society, in some little way, we have Blizzard to thank.
Why am I not surprised.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:
qeter wrote:https://deepmind.com/blog/alphastar-mastering-real-time-strategy-game-starcraft-ii/
another challenge overcome. still needs more refinement but still well over a decade ahead of schedule.

So when AI overtakes society, in some little way, we have Blizzard to thank.
Why am I not surprised.

how much time do you spend on youtube? a take over, much like a revolution, is a strange thing, slowly first then quickly.

been listing to mike duncans revolution podcast after i finished the history of rome. i'm through the French, American, and Haitian revolutions; good stuff. mike duncin focuses primarily on political history rather than a more broad view like dan carlin, would recommend if you like history.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

I try to avoid YouTube these days. Maybe a quick look at actual gameplay of something before a purchase, how to install/fix things, music chords. Basically non-bias, non-agenda all the way. I do admit to occasional weaknesses of random clicking, but I make myself stop pretty quick.
In the past, I do admit to delving into basically anything that might help me better understand the origins of humanity, from conspiracy to science, history to religion, alien to occult.
I don’t pretend to be an expert at any of these things, as I tend to cherry-pick knowledge.
I’ve discarded much of it, for obviously good reasons.

A friend of mine was telling me about the current conspiracy theories on YouTube. He watches them for laughs. I didn’t believe it. I was sad to know that it has become this bad.
At least the things that my generation talked about had some kind of origin.
Area 51 and Project Blue Book have been disclosed, attributing the ‘UFO’ sightings to old and now outdated secret military aircrafts. You can read about it online on official government websites.
The things these days. Wow. I kind of cringe when people bring up alien conspiracy.

So yeah, going too deep into the dark side of YouTube has stained me. So I just avoid it as much as I can.

I read rather than watch movies, tv, or listen to audio books/podcasts. They honestly don’t hold my attention like reading does. And I prefer fiction. History is fascinating but I take it in incrementally as I come across things that spark an interest. My parents were both pretty big into history though. Mainly American history, which I eventually grew pretty frustrated with, the more I learned.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:I try to avoid YouTube these days. Maybe a quick look at actual gameplay of something before a purchase, how to install/fix things, music chords. Basically non-bias, non-agenda all the way. I do admit to occasional weaknesses of random clicking, but I make myself stop pretty quick.
In the past, I do admit to delving into basically anything that might help me better understand the origins of humanity, from conspiracy to science, history to religion, alien to occult.
I don’t pretend to be an expert at any of these things, as I tend to cherry-pick knowledge.
I’ve discarded much of it, for obviously good reasons.

A friend of mine was telling me about the current conspiracy theories on YouTube. He watches them for laughs. I didn’t believe it. I was sad to know that it has become this bad.
At least the things that my generation talked about had some kind of origin.
Area 51 and Project Blue Book have been disclosed, attributing the ‘UFO’ sightings to old and now outdated secret military aircrafts. You can read about it online on official government websites.
The things these days. Wow. I kind of cringe when people bring up alien conspiracy.

So yeah, going too deep into the dark side of YouTube has stained me. So I just avoid it as much as I can.

I read rather than watch movies, tv, or listen to audio books/podcasts. They honestly don’t hold my attention like reading does. And I prefer fiction. History is fascinating but I take it in incrementally as I come across things that spark an interest. My parents were both pretty big into history though. Mainly American history, which I eventually grew pretty frustrated with, the more I learned.

i was referring to how efficient the recommendation page has become. the system is so good that if you let it you can watch youtube all day everyday and never grow too bored.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Out of curiosity, what AI chatbot do you think is the most effective?
I’ve only ever messed with Clever Bot. Briefly, over a few months, a few years back. I found it oddly relaxing aside from when it just gets random.
Sometimes it really showed how it was just a algorithm program that collected data in order to reuse it. Other times, it was almost like getting to know a real person.

You’re the tech guy around here, so I’m kind of curious how you feel about Clever Bot in terms of efficiency, and if you know of any similar programs that are more advanced.