VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 367,101.49
Bank: 8,612.71
Wiki Edits: 30477
I’m really sorry to learn about your dog, that is heartbreaking. I know there’s nothing we can do in real life to help you through the pain, which is also as such for your grandmothers condition, but know that you can always come and comment here and maybe let out some feelings you can’t around others in your family.

Don’t give into depression or despair, life does get better, even if sometimes the down spiral seems to last for way too long
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 23,006.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I can't let out any of my feelings around my family. They're all devout chistians and I'm an atheist. They mean well, but "they're in a better place" or "you'll see them again one day" are combination hurtful and infuriating. BEcause, to the best of my knowledge, they aren't, and I won't. They're gone. Forever. and I have to deal with that "unfiltered," I can't cling to hope for comfort.

They don't get that. If I talk about it, that's the type of response I get, so I can't even grieve with the people best situated to help and share it with me. I'm forced to do it alone.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,450.50
Nah, not really alone. You've got a bunch of random people on this website to vent to, if you want.

I'm not particularly religious myself, while my relatives are all various Christian denominations from Wels Lutheran to Catholic. I'm more... Agnostic, I guess.

My great aunt just died today as well. She was the last one of my grandma's siblings. She's been fading for a while, so I can sympathize with some of what you are going through.

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 23,006.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I think most non-religious (and important qualifier because some religions don't believe in god/s) athiests are agnostic. We don't *know* there's no god, there's literally no way to know that. I just haven't been presented with a standard of evidence necessary to believe god/s, much less a specific diety or concepts like heaven (neither of which are necessarily proven to exist even if you can prove god/s do.)

I'd certainly like to believe it. It would be easier. I used to try, but I'm an introspective person, I know when I'm lying to myself.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 28.00
Bank: 6,470.00
Wiki Edits: 5
i have had 2 dogs through out my life both miniature schnauzer. I was young when the first dog died and remember crying. the current family dog does not like me too much because he is only loyal to food and i generally don't give him much.

as far as gods existence (i am defining god as an entity that can control every aspect of human existence) goes you can just modify the drakes equation to include the number of species that would achieve singularity. there should be somewhere between 1 thousand to one million god tier entitys.

of course if one wants to talk with such a entity it would easier to make one than flagging one down that's 200 thousand light years away.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Finally closed on my house. Only took about 3 months start to finish.

Got most of the house moved yesterday thanks to some relatives and friends, now for the hard part of unpacking and organizing and getting old stuff put up for sale.

No WiFi is driving most everyone crazy.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

got done writing my first MIPS program. what a pain. assembly languages are inconvenient.
.data
name: .word 4
intregerA: .word 1
intregerB: .word 1
intregerC: .word 1
answer1: .word 1
answer2: .word 1
answer3: .word 1
msg1: .asciiz "enter an intreger between 1-100.\n"
msg2: .asciiz "enter your name please.\n "
msg3: .asciiz "\nyour name is: "
msg4: .asciiz "\nanswer 1 is: "
msg5: .asciiz "\nanswer 2 is: "
msg6: .asciiz "\nanswer 3 is: "
.text

main:

# get user name
la $a0, msg2
li $v0, 4
syscall
la $a0, name
la $a1, name
li $v0, 8
syscall

# get user number 1
la $a0, msg1
li $v0, 4
syscall
li $v0, 5
syscall
sw $v0, intregerA

# get user number 2
la $a0, msg1
li $v0, 4
syscall
li $v0, 5
syscall
sw $v0, intregerB

# get user number 3
la $a0, msg1
li $v0, 4
syscall
li $v0, 5
syscall
sw $v0, intregerC

# input user variables into registers
lw $t3, intregerA
lw $t4, intregerB
lw $t5, intregerC

--> answer 1
add $t1, $t3 , $t4
add $t1 , $t1, $t5
sw $t1, answer1

--> answer 2
add $t1, $t4, $t5
sub $t1, $t1, $t3
sw $t1, answer2

--> answer 3
li $t2, 2
add $t1, $t3, $t4
sub $t1, $t1, $t5
sub $t1, $t1, $t2
sw $t1, answer3

# send answers to variables

#output results
la $a0, msg3
li $v0, 4
syscall
la $a0, name
li $v0, 4
syscall

la $a0, msg4
li $v0, 4
syscall
lw $a0, answer1
li $v0, 1
syscall

la $a0, msg5
li $v0, 4
syscall
lw $a0, answer2
li $v0, 1
syscall

la $a0, msg6
li $v0, 4
syscall
lw $a0, answer3
li $v0, 1
syscall

#exit program
li $v0, 10
syscall

#test output

-->--> your name please.
# null
-->--> an intreger between 1-100.
#
#your name is: null
--> 1 is: 51
--> 2 is: 37
--> 3 is: -5
#-- program is finished running --

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

dragon age ripped off warhammer 40k.
the entire magic system is copied beat for beat and i only just realized it.

magic users risk possession from immortal demons from the magic zone born from mortal dreams and desires.
there is a militaristic religious order that manages and sanctions magic users in order to prevent wide scale possession and disaster.
magic works by calling up the magic realm and manipulating it in real space.
going into the magic zone physically is considered super dangerous though potentially empowering to magic users.

where are GWs lawyers at? normally renowned for their "proactive" protection of their propertys. then again very little of warhammer is that original; i wonder where they stole all of it from?

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,133.50
All fantasy pop culture takes themes from DND which was inspired by Tolkein and Lovecraft, who were inspired by multiple ancient mythologies and folklore tales, tossed in a blender.

The theme of a militaristic order controlling esoteric knowledge can be traced back to the Crusades, the Inquisitions, and orders like the Templar Knights.

As far as a more direct rip-off, it’s debatable. WH is actually pretty old. It’s been around almost as long as DND if I’m not mistaken.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Eh. You gotta really prove that someone stole your ideas or plagiarized your work usually.

Unless you are in college, where a errant copy/paste can get you expelled.