Booted Up Mass Effect 2 (PC) and clicked resume on the title screen. The game acknowledged that I clicked the button however the game itself wouldn't actually load. Opening the 'Load Game' menu reveals that the 'Restart Mission' 'Auto Save' and my last manual save files all have a strange icon and state 'Location Unknown' in the discription. All of these also refuse to load.

Anyone know what the problem is? If it helps I left off on Zaeed's loyalty mission.

Edited by Pickledbeef, 07 February 2010 - 02:31 AM.

Did your DLC somehow get unauthorized? Maybe try redownloading/reinstalling, or connecting to the Cerberus Network.

Maybe it helps if you load an older save (with a non-DLC area as current location), do the DLC-stuff, and NOT stop playing in a DLC area.
Found a work around. Loaded an older save file and once gameplay started I was able to load the save from the DLC area. Strange bug, but no loss thank goodness.

Thanks man, This bug made me start a new game once, happened when saved on the Zaeed mission (twice)
Sorry to bump a month old thread but, I have the same problem with the Kasumi DLC. I can't load saves made during her mission and if I die, I have to do the loyalty mission all over again because of this stupid bug. Is there a fix?

Hoodieshadow wrote...

Sorry to bump a month old thread but, I have the same problem with the Kasumi DLC. I can't load saves made during her mission and if I die, I have to do the loyalty mission all over again because of this stupid bug. Is there a fix?

also getting this. also getting weird constant dinging from Windows while I'm playing. like the sound that plays when you've pressed a button one too many times while something is loading. i've been playing through it but it's kinda annoying
Hey i got this bug also, and i dont have any saves from before the zaeed mission..

does this mean im going to have to restart the whole game?
The same bug here - loading Kasumi loyalty mission from the main menu fails.

But as Pickledbeef mentioned, loading Kasumi from an older save (Normandy SR-2, just before I started the Kasumi mission) works as expected.

This is kind of strange, but at least I don't have to replay the whole game.
I had gotten this bug for the Kasumi DLC and now I've getting it for Overlord! Ugh!!!

Is there any fix for it?
+1 for the bug. Will I lose 10h gameplay for this? D:

edit: found solution! The giveme2entitlements.exe seems to have fixed it!

Edited by nagi_, 16 June 2010 - 12:58 AM.