Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

Firelinkhero125

Souls: 0.00
So recently I have been wondering who Lord Gwyn's third child really is and I may have a theory. The 3rd child is.... You. Now before you all say I am crazy and/or tell me to gtfo I will explain. Lord Gwyn had three children Gwynevere, Gwyndolin, and a third child who was erased from history. But what if Lord Gywn saw that you (your character in the game) was the chosen undead and had everything about you erased from history and threw you in the undead asylum in order to keep you very far away from him. But when Priscilla heard of this she sent her raven in order to get you. So that you may finish the prophecy and either complete the age of fire and usher in the age of darkness or try and hold on to the flame for just a little bit longer. Of course this is just a theory but, in my opinion, I think it may be a very logical one.

cerealaire

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 30.00
Bank: 176.00
i thought this had something to do with solaire or ornstein i dont know to me,ornstein feels like it because hes a a dragon slayer and it probably has to do with his spear.or maybe it has to do something about the firekeeper in anor londo could it be that she raised him to not to be the man he was suppose to be was it gwyns or gwyndolins fault that shes supposively ugly?

Radyant

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 91.00
Bank: 0.00
I think this theory very much a minor hypothesis, and I can not see any evidence whatsoever to support it. Now, if you could provide it, I would be happy to share my thoughts on it Image
I am Cat. Kitty. Encore. Let's all do it again~

Firelinkhero125

Well this theory is still in beta form right now it is only a thought but I am currently looking for evidence to support my theory and I will most likely update this when I have gathered enough evidence to back this theory.
Actually gwyndolin is the third child, it's the first born we don't know.

Thxodore

Regular
Battle Tested

There's so many speculations about the firstborn. Solaire, Andre, Sen, even Acidic thought it was the Onion Kinght. Some say it's Ornstein, others say it is Artorias. A few even believe that it's Chester (Really? -_-). There are tiny shreds of evidence to support each theory, which all seem to be contradicted by each other.

Keep up the speculation though. One of them has to be right sometime, right? Image

Sunbane

Souls: 35.00
Hmm...hmm aha! The opening cut scene shows silver knight clasping a silver knight sword. The same sword has no enchantments when wielded by gwyn's knights...but with the player it overflows with the power of the sun!

1.This is because the GOW INHERITED the Sunlight(sunlight medal/blade description). It also means the chosen undead is the one with ubber lightning NOT the sword itself!

2.The player invades Lautrec as a Spirit of Vengence even though he/she is not bound by the DMB.

3.That girl/boy on a painting in Anor is wearing a red dress with a pendant visible enough for us to see. That cannot be Gwynevere notice the color her hair, also pale Gwyndolin is petit and intwined with the Moonlight.
The garb of sunlight is red too...people asume Solaire is watching over us, but could it be vice verpa?

4.Respect for arms...CU knows ALL kinds of weapon movesets and no one in all Lordran can even attempt to use ascended weapons.

5.Lastly, Quellena claims no MORTAL can see her being...even the great old Laurantias 'pyro sage' fails to find, i mean i told him the exact spot of where resides! What makes the protagonist so special?

Nevis_Ysbrid

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 604.00
Bank: 4,800.00
It took way too long to figure out what you were saying in several sections because of you language. Please clean up your language, especially in the archives section.

The Silver Knight Straight Sword does not deal any magic or lightning damage; it's a purely physical weapon that can be buffed. Only the Silver Knight Spear has a special modifier.

The Sunlight Blade description says the God of War might (not did, might) have left it there as 'a final farewell'. That we pick it up does not mean we are the firstborn of Gwyn.

The point on invading Lautrec is irrelevant to someone being a God of War with lightning powers. That has a connection to the moon (Gwyndolin) and/or sin (Velka), not lightning.

Where on earth did you get that the 'garb of sunlight' (whatever that is) is red? The only character in the game that wears a significant amount of red are the Sealers who are quite human.

What painting are you talking about? I've never seen nor heard of anything like that.

Actually, Oscar uses an Astoran Straight Sword+7 or +8. As for the rest, half of them are new to Lordran and the embers to ascend weapons were only recently rediscovered by the player character; no one else even had ascended weapons available.

Quelanna does not say that. She says, "A mere undead, yet you can see me? Fascinating." The player character also has to activate a trigger to see her-have a highly upgraded pyromancy flame. Salaman, too, is implied to be a human, being a part of 'your (the human) world'. The connection here is a high proficiency for pyromancy, not divinity.

That the player can use all weapons is a game mechanic; the player character could use all of the weapons (provided they had the stats) in Demon's Souls and MOST GAMES upon gaining them and is simply a game mechanic like pressing r1 to attack.

If saying the Sunlight Medal points to the God of Wat, then it points to Solaire as he gives them to us-or as just something granted from the Altar of Sunlight, which the covenant was going to have a stronger connection to before it got cut.

If the player was Gwyn's firstborn, then Gwyndolin's behavior makes no sense. If we were the God of War (which also cannot be if the player character is female, considering he was male) and Gwyn's sun and Gwyndolin was friendly, he would have let him see their father's tomb. If Gwyndolin was hostile towards him, then he probably wouldn't let us join his Blades of the Darkmoon.

Gough, Ciaran, Artorias (in his cut dialogue) and Elizabeth all make specific mention of the player as 'human', decidedly not a god, Izalithian or anything else. While some theorize that the gods can hollow (largely if not entirely because of Gwyn and Solaire, though that may just be from burning alive for a thousand years for Gwyn; Solaire's ratifies this if he's the God of War), there's nothing anywhere that suggests that gods can become humans unless Solaire did so, which would mean that the player isn't the Firstborn, anyways.

Actually, just that the player character can be female really destroys the theory that the player is the Firstborn as the Firstborn was explicitly a son, as then that's a '**** you' to all female characters.
I am the Grey that shall become Red, the Ysbrid that shall become the Ddraig, the cloud and lightning. Red aether art I, the Heaven/Venom of Ben Nevis.

Here's our Nodiatus Test thread. Come tell us what you are!

Efreeti

Souls: 36.00
Firelinkhero125 wrote:But when Priscilla heard of this she sent her raven in order to get you.

Not Priscilla's, and not a raven. The crow is probably associated with (or perhaps is an avatar of) Velka. Priscilla is barely related to Velka through being trapped in the Painted World along with crows and crow-people, and crows being associated with Velka.

Firelinkhero125 wrote:Well this theory is still in beta form right now it is only a thought but I am currently looking for evidence to support my theory...

It's not a theory if you can't back it up with supporting data. That's just guessing.

Thxodore wrote:There's so many speculations about the firstborn. Solaire, Andre, Sen, even Acidic thought it was the Onion Kinght. Some say it's Ornstein, others say it is Artorias. A few even believe that it's Chester (Really? -_-).[/img]

You forgot Patches.

Acarnatia wrote:Quelanna does not say that. She says, "A mere undead, yet you can see me? Fascinating." The player character also has to activate a trigger to see her-have a highly upgraded pyromancy flame.

Fun fact, Quelana appeared to me without having even BOUGHT the Pyromancy Flame. I had rescued Laurentius but not talked to him in Firelink yet.

Acarnatia wrote:Actually, just that the player character can be female really destroys the theory that the player is the Firstborn as the Firstborn was explicitly a son.

This is a very good point.

Personally, I favoured Patches before, since it seemed he could cross over to Boletaria, something he did perhaps after he was banished? But since I think word of god explicitly said the Patches in Demon's Soul and Dark Souls are not the same, that put a kibosh on that. So now I think it's Solaire, mostly due to his association with the sun, and his dialogue.

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,690.00
The thing that bugs me about Solaire being the First Born is that he's on the same damn quest as the Chosen Undead, he mentions nothing about his attempts to re-ascend but he's clearly working for Frampt or Kaathe just like the Chosen Undead is.

He's not on his own personal mission, he's simply trying to fulfill the prophecy just like the Chosen Undead... but he gets the Lord Vessel and collects the Lord Souls and busts into the Kiln of the First Flame just the same as the player... but then how does the player do all this as well?

I know that "time is distorted in Lordran" but I figured there'd only be one Lord Vessel, but if you chose to save Solaire then he's down there in the Kiln with you fighting Gwyn, which means that he got there himself as well. Did he do this before or after you? Did he do all the work on his own and you yourself have just picked up another Lord Vessel or did he just follow in after you, when you've already done all the work and his Summon Sign is in fact from the future?

Absolute crazyness.

Of course, it could be interesting if Solaire comes in after you and you've gotten there first and stolen his dream by linking the flame :P