Anything without a home!
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,409.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
One of the best graphic novels I ever read was a "mainstay off the beaten path" idea. It featured Bruce Wayne in Egypt doing some Indiana Jones stuff. It intertwined Bruce's archaeology story with the legends of the Egyptian Gods. Kinda like he's uncovering the truth and we get to see it in flashback. Anyway, it takes the popular notion that the Gods were aliens up to something and turns it on its ear. One of the Gods takes on the Batman persona and it's pretty much just plain awesome.

I also really like one issue of Batman where he gives The Scarecrow a taste of his own medicine. And that's literal. He blasts him with fear gas. The last page of the comic is filled with his nightmare of:

[spoiler=Spoiler]Rainbows and unicorns and stuff. It's the most colorful page of any comic I've ever seen[/spoiler]
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Hue

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 139.00
Bank: 4.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Justice League and Green Arrow

deadagain

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 0.00
I don't collect like I used to but I still buy anything Sergio Aragones puts out. I've collected:
Detective comics
The incredible Hulk
The Tick ( very funny comic the t.v. episodes were stupid imo)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ( nothing like the cartoon or the movies, the comics were black and white and brutal)
Boris the Bear ( very funny indie comic from the 80's released on Dark Horse )
Roachmill ( another brutal Dark Horse comic that had a funny edge to it )
Alien Legion ( Jugger Grimrod... That is all need be said.)
Spawn and all its spun offs.
Groo the Wanderer ( The greatest comic ever penned )

Graphic Novels worth mention, The Dark Knight, Kingdom Come and Maus.

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 4,545.00
Wiki Edits: 88
deadagain wrote:The Tick ( very funny comic the t.v. episodes were stupid imo)

boo
PSN: PlasticandRage

All Great Men Have Mustaches

deadagain

Obsessed
Commander

Lol Read the comics I'm sure you will feel the same.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,409.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
I liked the animated version of The Tick. Never got into the live action though.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Yeah I love the cartoon. Not a fan of the live action though.

MosquitoPower

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,807.00
PlasticandRage wrote:Yeah I love the cartoon. Not a fan of the live action though.

Im not sure what went wrong with the live action Tick show, I only made it through  the first episode and found it oddly offending. But have heard others say it was pretty good later on.

I loved the cartoon show though.

So to those that have read the tick comic books...
Is the Tick comic series more like the cartoon or live action show? Or is it different altogether?

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

The live action was just downright bad. For me part of what was great about the Tick was the completely random childlike tone to the humor. The live action didn't have that at all. The tone reflected sitcom humor more than anything, and that just kills everything about it that's good. I like squirrels. I've never actually gotten my hands on any of the comics, though I'd like to. I'd assume they'd have to at least have some of the same kinds of humor as the cartoon. After all that's what the Tick is all about.

I've actually been considering a Tick tattoo for awhile. I'm still hung up on where exactly I'd want it and I'm torn between a couple different images. I've been thinking either a spoon with the Tick's reflection in it, or little wooden boy. I'm also a little reluctant because most of my tattoos are based on relatively serious subject matter, and it might be a little odd to throw the Tick in there in the middle of it. It'd be kind of a strange contradiction. Although I guess that might make it even funnier.

deadagain

Obsessed
Commander

The Tick comic was targeted at young adults so the humor was mire refined than in the cartoon or live action shows. Some characters made from the comic to the shows but none of the good ones it seems. Apart from The Tick and his side kick most were created for the shows. None of the story lines from the comic made it either. The Tick comic was big on inept ninjas who were unionized, these guys were hilarious. There was the adopted son of Atlantis who grew up in Kansas so he couldn't swim. My favorite was based on the obilisk from Stanley Kubrick's 2001 Space Oddesy. The shows had some funny parts but they missed the mark.
@plastic. Get the tattoo I have one and I love it. It's the fist image of the Tick from the first issue. It's on my upper arm so when I were short sleeves all people see is a blue foot.
@@plastic. It's your avatar pic LOL.