Anything related to Dark Souls!

Tolvo

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU, giving you a shoulder massage and an ear to talk to.
Souls: 1,009.00
Bank: 527.03
Wiki Edits: 189
Hello there and welcome to the Community/Forum!

Before we get started you should aqquaint yourself with the rules of the Forum. Even if you've been on many forums in the past, you should check them at and get a feel for what is and is not allowed.

Forum Guidelines

1. No flaming. Debates and disagreements are fine and even encouraged, but incendiary comments and insulting posts are not. This also extends to abusive and offensive language, and circumventing the language filter.

2. No trolling. Bait threads and posts, etc. will be removed.

3. No thread derailing/hijacking. Stay on topic. If you have no interest in the topic, don't post in it. An anecdote or quip here or there is fine, but don't go overboard. Posts should further the conversations of topics and topics should be sensible subjects that promote interesting and open discourse and sharing.

4. No racial, cultural, lifestyle comments/slurs. Period. Remember that this is a mixed community with diverse people.

5. Keep the thread topics related to their specific game (DKS, DKSII, ESO, Dogma, Etc). We appreciate off the beaten path content, so do so in the Official Off Topic Threads.

6. Don't single out game ID's (PSN, XBL, GFWL, etc.) to slander. No griefing of other users including but not limited to spamming the souls robbery module.

7. Don't post how to glitch or hack the game. This extends into trading of hacked items. Item and character modification gives an unfair advantage and diminishes the integrity of the game. Texture and cosmetic mod discussion as is common in PC is allowed.

8. No solicitation; financial or otherwise. This includes and is not limited to forum reputation, promoting bargains, giveaways, discounts or other websites, streams, channels, personal blogs, shops, artisan creations, art. If you would like to promote your content here, please contact the administrators/moderators and receive approval. Youtube content from non-regulars is considered spam. Participate first and often, then link.

9. The moderators and administrators are volunteers who use their free time to keep the forums civil. You can disagree with them but disrespecting them is not an option. Attempting to discuss moderator/admin communnications and decisions in public will lead to a ban

10. Reputation Boosting. Adding to the no solicitation rule, forum reputation is moderated and users are not to request reputation points from other users. Reputation should arise as a feeling from the giver of the reputation and it should be based on contributions to the forum and community. Details can be found here.

I've seen quite a surge in new members lately, all looking to post in different sections of the site, PvP, Player Help/Trade, the Archives. I know some feel a bit off when joining a forum and like to lurk, so as sort of a Forum Icebreaker why not tell us a little bit about yourself? I know these threads are typically pretty successful, as well I'd love to learn a bit more about all of you. Even if you've been a member for quite some time feel free to tell us about yourself, I'm sure there's a lot we don't know about each other. As well it can help some of our newer members get an idea of the interesting types of people we have.
I'll start.

Hello there, I'm Tolvo, but my real name is Maxwell. I'm a male actor and writer working in Illinois, currently working on an English degree. I write short stories and act in indepentent films. Before you think, "Film Star, Author?" Stop right there, I write short prose stories for people, and am basically a last resort for directors haha. Still, it's a living. I love to joke around and say very silly things, at times I can make threads get pretty off topic but often I love to help people out in any way I can. I am mainly a Forest Hunter, but I actually have a toon in almost every covenant. I love to PvP, Co-Op, and when I can search for the hidden lore in Dark Souls. I also post on this forum a lot, 9/10 if you make a thread, I'll have a post in it.
Alright, now you give it a try, and Welcome!

By the way I won't be responding to everyone in this thread, but I am reading all of your posts. I will try to respond when I can, just remember I am human!

Since the previous thread will be locked soon enough or already has been I have created this second version for people to start using, however I will link the original here so everyone can still see all of the introductions in the old thread.

Introduce Yourself V1
Last edited by Tolvo on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Be well then, neither of us wants to see you go hollow."-Andre of Astora
If you are having problems on the forum feel free to send me a PM.
Forum Guidelines - Dark Souls Resources Thread - Dark Souls Wiki - Dark Souls 2 Wiki - Fextralife

LunarFog

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 0.00
Hello there. I'm LunarFog, but I have plans on changing my name to MoonlitQueen or some such in the near future.

I consider myself one of the most knowledgeable people on these forums regarding every aspect of the game, both in PvP to PvE. I love to find new and interesting things to do, such as discovering new and ingenious ways to cause long-lasting/permanent damage to someone's character even after I invade, building gimmicky builds, and cosplaying.

I owe this community a lot, so you can expect any threads asking for advice to have at least one post by me, and a whole lot of guides and theories once Dark Souls 2 comes out.

(Good idea Animal. We need theme songs in here too)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 13, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Animaaal

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Hi, I'm Animaal...this is me:
[spoiler=Spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Tolvo wrote:Just a reminder if you already have introduced yourself there is a link in the OP to the original thread where your original introductions are. Just for future reference.

Come to think of it, I've never introduced myself.

My name is Chad, I live in the US with my wife and 2 kids. My oldest is autistic, but no where near as severe as some of the people my wife and I associate with/know personally. For this we feel very blessed.

My wife and I are Christians, but do not have any ill will towards any person pertaining to their beliefs, nor do we try and push our beliefs on anyone. One of my best friends is agnostic, and I love him for it.

I am a mortician. I work part-time as a contractor for 6 different funeral homes and average about 10-15 hours a week. It allows me to care for my son full-time with a full-time income without the full-time hours. Although my son is not as far into the spectrum as other autistic children we know, he will still never drive a car, pay his own bills, etc. So needless to say my wife and I couldn't be happier that we both do not have work full-time and keep our son in a daycare.

I started with Demon's Souls, played in a couple tourneys, then pre-ordered Dark Souls and played in a tourney shortly after release. They are my favorite games by far, and have never experienced as much joy in an rpg as I have with the souls series...rpgs are about all I play with any amount of seriousness.

Anyway, I'd say nice to meet you all, but ya. Image
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 13, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rau_Le_Creuset

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 174.00
Hey im Poliwrath... my real name is John currently getting ready to pass highschool.. i'm the forum loner but i really enjoy being around.. i have an obsession with film and playing/ listening to music.. I got demons souls soon after it came out and became obsessed when i heard about darksouls i immediatly pre-ordered it and... here i am.. it's my favourite game. pvp is my favurite dark suls passtime but i havent played in a while .Cinnamon buns are my favourite food.. ad the lod of the rings series are my favmovies... yeah i could go on but... im boring you and mysef.

my psn is: Poliwraths

cheers
[img=center]http://static.tumblr.com/bcab3fc37f488e27f886e56ea089ed52/7ikjizi/30Omo7mau/tumblr_static_2013-06-11_1137.png -->

WhatDoesThePendantDo

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 1,804.31
Hello, my names is Stefano, but better known as WhatDoesThePendantDo? and I like Piña Coladas and getting caught rain.

Tolvo

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU, giving you a shoulder massage and an ear to talk to.
Souls: 1,009.00
Bank: 527.03
Wiki Edits: 189
Just a reminder if you already have introduced yourself there is a link in the OP to the original thread where your original introductions are. Just for future reference.
"Be well then, neither of us wants to see you go hollow."-Andre of Astora
If you are having problems on the forum feel free to send me a PM.
Forum Guidelines - Dark Souls Resources Thread - Dark Souls Wiki - Dark Souls 2 Wiki - Fextralife

Archon

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 2,329.00
Wiki Edits: 1
[font=Times New Roman]Since some of the "older" members decided to post in here, I might as well do the same. I introduced myself in the other thread, but I wasn't very pleased with it, so why not do it again?! Image [/font]
[spoiler=Spoiler][font=Times New Roman]My name is Eric, although you can call me Mr. Tart, Tart, Tartar Sauce, Tartilage, Tartington and anything else you could come up with... Except for Fart. Call me Fart and you're f*cking dead! Image

I'm currently 17, turning 18 this summer. I've been around the forums for... over a year I think? Bah, whatever. You'll be able to see my joining date on my profile anyway.

I love art of all forms; be it photography, music or writing.

I currently study social science and media, which is directly related to journalism. My real dream job is being a musician though; a singer to be more specific, and music is a huge part of my life.

I'm usually very active and I love to help people, although recently I haven't been as active as i'd like to be.

Some of my traits are;
I'm loyal, always honest and always helpful. Hell, the last time I lied was when I was 7. Yeah, that's right, 7. I'm also very stubborn, and picky.

As for Dark Souls, I'm not like most of the people here. I don't do challenge runs, I don't enjoy the game because it's "hard". No, I'm a roleplayer. I love making roleplaying builds, and the majority of my characters are made for that purpose. But this doesn't mean I can't handle myself in the game.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to PM me, and welcome to any new members that will be posting here!
[/font][/spoiler]
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 17, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Archons were the ancient rulers of the Old Kingdom and were said to be immortal. Although the Archons are long gone, their bloodline lives on.

Serious_Much

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 2,231.00
Bank: 7,478.66
Wiki Edits: 22
Hey guys, I'm Serious(_Much), I'm a 20 y/o med student in the UK.

Some of you will know me for my epic posts, witty comments and thread derailing behaviour.

Outside of the forum I'm also a moderator of the chatroom on the wiki, head over there some time, it's a fun place Image

Oh, and you know the off topic section? Yeah, my bad.

Coming soon to a thread near you!

Serious Image (Oh yeah, and i have my own emote Image )
"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"
Forum Guidelines- Have a peek
Shop IconShop Icon

RANT

Lordvessel
Honorary Rhogar

Souls: 431.50
damn, someone does not like you lunar lol

Animaaal

Compulsory Poster
Champion