By Locutus_of_BORG
I've been getting a lot of bugs during my Arrival playthroughs, which has really marred my experience of this DLC.

The worst one so far is during the fight at the security area when you gotta defend Kenson as she hacks prison security.

Basically, if I kill the enemy waves too quickly, no new waves come, which basically hangs the mission. The first time it happened, I closed the gate shutter with one guy still behind it. The next few times, I killed the enemy wave before / soon after they left their elevators...

Eventually what I had to do to pass the sequence was basically to play... very passively. I would literally sit in the middle of the level and wait for enemies to come near and fire a few clips before engaging them, which was really unenjoyable for me. Posted Image

I know a lot of you guys like to play ME2 aggressively as well. Did any of you run into this problem as well? If so, any tips for playing this sequence dynamically, yet still progressing?

Edited by Locutus_of_BORG, 31 March 2011 - 04:43 PM.

By Leeroi
I had this happen once on my vanguard, but I just attributed it to a glitch because the next time it worked fine without a change in my playstyle.
By Locutus_of_BORG
^I reloaded this section many times, and each time the bug triggered for me.

I just realized that this is probably totally in the wrong forum.. sorry mods.

Still want help though.
By termokanden
I didn't kill them very quickly but that was due to a bug as well. I was playing as a vanguard, and I charged against a group on an elevator. Got stuck below it, so after loading I decided to just wait for for them to get off the elevators.

Also had a problem elsewhere in Arrival where my charge cooldown was used but I didn't actually charge.

Edited by termokanden, 31 March 2011 - 05:27 PM.

By lazuli

termokanden wrote...

Also had a problem elsewhere in Arrival where my charge cooldown was used but I didn't actually charge.

This happens in other parts of the game as well, but I noticed it several times in this DLC alone.
By termokanden

lazuli wrote...

termokanden wrote...

This happens in other parts of the game as well, but I noticed it several times in this DLC alone.

Indeed. My point was that Charge is exceptionally buggy here.
By Kronner

Locutus_of_BORG wrote...

Basically, if I kill the enemy waves too quickly, no new waves come, which basically hangs the mission. The first time it happened, I closed the gate shutter with one guy still behind it. The next few times, I killed the enemy wave before / soon after they left their elevators...

I know a lot of you guys like to play ME2 aggressively as well. Did any of you run into this problem as well? If so, any tips for playing this sequence dynamically, yet still progressing?

I figured out why that happened. Most likely, one of the enemies fell down from the elevator, got stuck mid-air, but the game still thinks he's alive. I just killed him and then it went on just fine.
By mcsupersport
Dominate also doesn't work too well in Arrival, many times I used it and had the mook just fall down and then get back up with a barrier and start blasting at me again. Don't know why, they just do, especially in the ending run against all the indoctrinated guards.

I have also had several unexplained crashes, and a Claymore that seems seriously underpowered on some standard enemies, taking 3 shots to actually kill one standard guard(non-elite or engineer, just a plain guard). I can't remember for sure, but I think AI hacking didn't work too well on the last Heavy mech either, but I could be misremembering.
By Locutus_of_BORG

Kronner wrote...

Locutus_of_BORG wrote...

I figured out why that happened. Most likely, one of the enemies fell down from the elevator, got stuck mid-air, but the game still thinks he's alive. I just killed him and then it went on just fine.

Couldn't find the jerk.. must've gotten stuck really far down. Posted Image   Then again, there was also that dude I locked behind that door... Posted ImagePosted Image

Thumbs down to BW on this one. None of the things they put in this DLC were *totally, totally* new to the game. Their implementation could've/should've been so much better.

Edited by Locutus_of_BORG, 31 March 2011 - 06:30 PM.

By termokanden
Ah the NPCs can probably get stuck in the same place I got stuck after charging :)