Discuss your role and adventures as the Arisen!
Wiki: Visit the Dragon's Dogma Wiki
By WandererReece
I heard about this game. It sounds good, and I think I'll buy it once the price drops, but I do have one question.

What is it like traveling through the game?

I heard it has a very big map and no fast travel. That sounds very anoying.
By The_Letter_X
Posts Avatar
I didn't have a problem with it because the more I played the more fast travel options I got. I can see why it can deter people, though.
By WandererReece
^ There is fast travel? I read many articals that said there was no fast travel system in the game.
By The_Letter_X
Posts Avatar
I haven't played in a while, so I don't remember the exact system. But there are "portcrystals" that you can put anywhere in the world that you can teleport to by using a certain (limited) item. The further you get into the game and the more playthroughs you go through provides you with more portcrystals and items that let you teleport to the portcrystals.
By Nevis_Ysbrid
Posts Avatar
Fast travel there is, if only once much of the game hath been completed. Objects called portcrystals thou can obtain, which act as warp-points when placed. Ten at most may thou set-and only one two shall be available until NG+, and unmoveable one is.
Thou must use ferrystones, and expensive they are, to warp. Even so, recommend this game I do; strongly, so strongly, I do.
By Seignar
The game has 1 Fast Travel system which are Ferrystones and Portcrystals.

Ferrystones teleport you to the main city at anytime. They come at a hefty price early game, and at pocket change price end game.

Portcrystals are teleport points that you can place anywhere on the world map that will grant you an additional teleport point besides the main city. These are night impossible to buy early game and are even expensive end game. You get 1 free as part of the main story.

Otherwise, all traveling will be done exclusively on foot. There are 3 "cities" in the game, although only 1 of them is really for the sake of story; the rest are for the sake of side missions.
By WhatDoesThePendantDo
Posts Posts Avatar
Don't know how true this is but I heard that if you're fast enough you can re-use your Ferrystones. When you use one, if you're fast enough, you can pick it up back off the ground so you end up keeping your item. It saves money as those things can cost a pretty penny.
By Seignar
That is only a rare occurrence in the case of teleporting to Main City. Your first teleportation guarantees a Ferrystone waiting for you. Afterwards, there will be certain times where there will be a Ferrystone, but it ain't guaranteed.
By WandererReece
Well, that makes me feel better. The reveiws I read claimed the game was huge and had no fast travel. I thought, "If it's like the Elder Scrolls without fast travel, then I am going to spend most of my time traveling, and that would be boring."

Now I feel better knowing there is a fast tavel system, even if it's limited.
By Serious_Much
Posts Posts Avatar
It's very good when you're traveling through areas you're not very familiar with forcing you to do it, I really enjoy that.

However when i'm travelling from the first little town to the big city for the 100th time I'm just in a comatose state of mind.