Introduction

Due to a severe lack of precise information on what the various attributes do in-game, I've resorted to testing and theory-crafting. The goal of this thread is to discover what each and every primary, offensive and defensive attribute does. A future goal is to also find out the soft & hard caps for each attribute, if one is present.

This guide will be updated overtime as more tests are done and more information is discovered. The first post will contain the specific functions of the attributes, while the second post will contain the methods, assumptions and results of various tests used to determine information provided in the first post.

The guide will be written to show what "1 attribute" provides. Further, primary attributes will only have an effect for points above the base value of 10. E.g. "Strength" would indicate what "1 Strength provides for each point above 10".

Primary Attributes

Spoiler

Offensive Attributes

Spoiler

Defensive Attributes

Spoiler

Mastercraft/Special Item Effects

Spoiler

The Damage Formula
Spoiler

DPS Attribute Ranking

Spoiler

Base Attributes

Spoiler

Attack Tests
Spoiler

Armor Penetration Test
Spoiler

Attk vs AP Theorycrafting
Spoiler

Armor Tests
Spoiler

Melee Defense Tests
Spoiler

Critical Damage Bonus Tests
Spoiler

Proc Attribute Tests
Spoiler

Mastercraft Tests
Spoiler

Minor Tests
Spoiler

Change Log

• 4/12/14: Re-tested mastercraft stacking more extensively, namely "+% dmg per nearby enemy". Results unchanged.
  • 1/12/14: attack, AP, attack vs AP, damage formula updated. Created gear equivalent list for DPS ranking. Made the thread's format more user-friendly.
  • 29/11/14: enhanced ability rings, various mastercrafts updated.
  • 28/11/14: armor rating, melee defense %, other defense %, guard, crit %, crit damage bonus %, other damage bonus %, heal on kill %, stagger %, bleed % updated. Added damage formulas for player and enemy.
  • 27/11/14: armor penetration %, armor rating, barrier damage bonus % updated. Attack vs AP analysis.
  • 26/11/14: primary attributes, attack %, duration % (item) updated.

Thank you so much for doing this.  A lot of the stat and attribute descriptions are way too vague.  I've been avoiding crafting attack% items because I stupidly thought it was attack rating, guess I need to redo some things!

Will keep an eye on this. Gj on taking some initiative.

To avoid confusion I suggest clarifying if the attack % stat affects only auto-attacks, or also abilities and spells. (I think it covers both). 

Thank you for your work.

I'll be following this thread

There's another question:

Are the % damage buffs additive, multiplicative, or are there "classes" of damage buffs within which they are additive? For example, there are Fade touched materials which give bonuses like "+20% damage +100% damage taken" and "+10% damage if not hit for the last 5 seconds;" and then there are bonuses like Rift Mage passive for +15% damage to Weakened Targets or that warrior party damage buff that adds 35% to the whole party.

The difference between 1.2x * 1.1x * 1.15x * 1.35x and 1.8x isn't trivial.

Cunning gives only 0.5 critical chance i think

Thank you so much for doing this.  A lot of the stat and attribute descriptions are way too vague.  I've been avoiding crafting attack% items because I stupidly thought it was attack rating, guess I need to redo some things!

Yeah, after finding out more about stats, now I'm aiming primarily for Willpower and Attack % on non-rogues. Guard/Barrier damage bonuses are extremely unworthwhile stats, since warriors already have more than enough tools to destroy guard easily, while barriers in general melts very quickly.

There's another question:

Are the % damage buffs additive, multiplicative, or are there "classes" of damage buffs within which they are additive? For example, there are Fade touched materials which give bonuses like "+20% damage +100% damage taken" and "+10% damage if not hit for the last 5 seconds;" and then there are bonuses like Rift Mage passive for +15% damage to Weakened Targets or that warrior party damage buff that adds 35% to the whole party.

The difference between 1.2x * 1.1x * 1.15x * 1.35x and 1.8x isn't trivial.

Good point. So far I only know that +25% guard is additive. I'll put it on my to-do list as part of clarifying the stat mechanics in general. I just hope that it's consistent across the board, and not sometimes additive, sometimes multiplicative.