PapaCharlie9

Revived
Savior

Souls: 417.00
Wiki Edits: 35
I mentioned this in the Winter Rift Mage thread, but I didn't want to spam that thread with screenshots, so I put them here.

A nice side benefit of the new Ice Array upgrade for Ice Mine is that it extends the area that Ice Armor is active. With sufficient cooldown reduction, you can spam Ice Array and basically give yourself a near constant 50% damage reduction buff!

These screenshots show how far away you can get from the Ice Mines and still have the Ice Armor active. Not that it matters that much, since you can just recast it.

Just cast
2zp49z7.png
-
Active anywhere within the mine circles
bexcf8.png
-
Limit of distance in front of the mines (next two screenshots)
jl03mu.png
-
29lir8w.png
-
Limit of distance behind the mines
2mdm14g.png
50% damage reduction is cool as ice!... Ok i'll go and keep my cheesy jokes to myself while i lurk some more, sorry.

could be nice with the necklace hakkon drops. i think its 20% cooldown reduction 

Furthermore it sometimes bugs out and you have armour constantly even if you are not in any near vicinity of the mines. Ice mine is great as it is cheap has quick cooldown and with upgrade like a whole mob of enemies instantly. Better option than blizzard most of the time.
@Rocket Surgeon yea dude, you need to chill out.

Yes and what about a Melee winter rift mage?

Tidarion blade and new upgrade of veilstrike can make it work

PapaCharlie9

Revived
Savior

Souls: 417.00
Wiki Edits: 35

Furthermore it sometimes bugs out and you have armour constantly even if you are not in any near vicinity of the mines.

Yeah, I had that happen once but couldn't force it to happen again. Too bad it was right AFTER fighting a big mob in Descent.

Yes and what about a Melee winter rift mage?

Tidarion blade and new upgrade of veilstrike can make it work

That is exactly what I am playing now. So far it is working great. Ice Armor synergizes very well with guard generating masterworks to make you just as durable as any KE. The only thing I miss is Fade Cloak, but shatter combos with Stone Fist makes up for it. I honestly feel much more like an Arcane Warrior with this build than with my KE.

Yeah I turned vivienne into an ice KE. She's indestructible now. Literally.

That is exactly what I am playing now. So far it is working great. Ice Armor synergizes very well with guard generating masterworks to make you just as durable as any KE. The only thing I miss is Fade Cloak, but shatter combos with Stone Fist makes up for it. I honestly feel much more like an Arcane Warrior with this build than with my KE.

The only problem is that Tidarion blade has the same damage of a staff but the attack speed is lower (like a 2h weapon) so you have very low DPS

Spirit blade does 50% damage more and spirit is better than all other elements