Pact belts sacrifice health for an increase damage in that element. Roughly double most of the time.

Video proof above. The catch is a select few abilities already have bonus damage that the belt is additive to, namely Power Chord at close range < 2M , so the overall final damage isn't as a big of a jump. It is unknown whether the other damage passives are additive or multiplicative to the entire damage formula however.

Outside of Power Chord though, there aren't many abilities that inherently have bonus damage that the belt. The Saarabas however does have one passive that also boosts damage to an element by 125% of the staff's element. Testing needs to be done on how this interacts, using different belts.

I have screenshots of the necromancer using winter's grasp with the inquisitor's weapon and hakkon's weapon too at level 1.

Updated: 125% of the particular element confirmed.

Considerable damage output, but i still don't think its worth all your health. Btw best way to tell if you're a promotion lord is if you have at least three bars of health after equipping these elemental pact belts.

You should try the ScriptExplorer, it basically tells you everything

OK, I checked the inner workings for the Belt of the Inferno Pact

Path: DA3/Equipment/Items/Accessories/Belts/dlcblue_equip_acc_belt_blue_fireboost_3

1. First, it applies a modifier to the Fire Damage Bonus (DA3/Combat/Stats/Stat_Damage_Bonus_Fire) stat with a 250 % modifier.

2. Then it applies a reduction (FloatProvider_Negate) to the Maximum Health (DA3/Combat/Stats/Stat_Health_Max) with value 0.750 * Maximum Health (FloatProvider_Multiply)

OK, I checked the inner workings for the Belt of the Inferno Pact

Path: DA3/Equipment/Items/Accessories/Belts/dlcblue_equip_acc_belt_blue_fireboost_3

1. First, it applies a modifier to the Fire Damage Bonus (DA3/Combat/Stats/Stat_Damage_Bonus_Fire) stat with a 250 % modifier.

2. Then it applies a reduction (FloatProvider_Negate) to the Maximum Health (DA3/Combat/Stats/Stat_Health_Max) with value 0.750 * Maximum Health (FloatProvider_Multiply)

So, the belt only leaves you 25% of your health?

So, the belt only leaves you 25% of your health?

Yes, although I'm not sure where it applies in the timeline. Is it before the other consitution+ gear or after, etc.

BansheeOwnage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 50.00

Yes, although I'm not sure where it applies in the timeline. Is it before the other consitution+ gear or after, etc.

From what I saw in SP by looking at my character, I think it's after everything, but I can't confirm. So it'll be 25% of whatever your health was before you put the belt on (unless your previous belt upped health).

Pact belts sacrifice health for an increase damage in that element. Roughly double most of the time.

Video proof above. The catch is a select few abilities already have bonus damage that the belt is additive to, namely Power Chord at close range < 2M , so the overall final damage isn't as a big of a jump. It is unknown whether the other damage passives are additive or multiplicative to the entire damage formula however.

Outside of Power Chord though, there aren't many abilities that inherently have bonus damage that the belt. The Saarabas however does have one passive that also boosts damage to an element by 100% of the staff's element. Testing needs to be done on how this interacts, using different belts.

I have screenshots of the necromancer using winter's grasp with the inquisitor's weapon and hakkon's weapon too at level 1.

I don't have enough data to perfectly calculate the % bonus damage to the last digit. However, it'll be close to doubling your damage in most cases with exceptions already noted above.

It increases the auto attack damage of the elemental staff that it matches with and is actually really good with chain lightning. 

I've been using Storm Pact Belt + Heart of Pride with AW and Keeper and it is killer. 

I'd also imagine the inferno pact would be pretty killer on the Elementalist with a fire staff. 

BansheeOwnage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 50.00

It increases the auto attack damage of the elemental staff that it matches with and is actually really good with chain lightning. 

I've been using Storm Pact Belt + Heart of Pride with AW and Keeper and it is killer. 

I'd also imagine the inferno pact would be pretty killer on the Elementalist with a fire staff. 

It would be especially good on the Arcane Warrior, since your Barrier generation is dependent on damage output. In this case, the best defense really is a good offense!

It would be especially good on the Arcane Warrior, since your Barrier generation is dependent on damage output. In this case, the best defense really is a good offense!

Yep, you can pretty much auto attack yourself to victory.

You can stand in the Dark Spawn alpha laser beam without a dent in your barrier with just auto attacks. 

Heart of Pride + Storm Pact + AW = OP

Don't even need to swing your sword if you don't want... Just auto attack/fade cloak/stone fist and chain lightning your way to victory... Arcane Turret Defense.