For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

Salad_Days

Souls: 65.00
If any of you have seen limit break's video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRzqD2AgA3U) it should be pretty obvious just how great greatshields are in the right hand. They're still able to block while attacking 1 handed yet i never see anyone use it. I was just kinda curious as to why? the greatshield's r1 and r2 put together with any weapon in the left hand allows you to be more aggressive and do more combo's.

tony.chenhaha

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 72.00
Bearing in mind that left-handed weapons deals less damage comparing to right hand because it was decided to be the more dominant hand, therefore your output is totally relying on the r2 damage of great shield?

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 20,757.50
Wiki Edits: 18
they do not really need to be used in the right hand to be OP frankly.

*sigh*

DkS3 made me realize how much better the concept of Bloodborne was...although I never quite liked the guns, the absence of shield was so good.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

Petehog

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,510.00
Well. Since we're talking Dark Souls 2 and not Dark Souls 3. That's backstab bait. Roll forward and behind him. Unless he's wearing a Jester's/Gower's/Turtle Shell. If he's doing that. Just use the Estoc. 2 handed 2. He's done. I've seen many, many fights and a Large Shield build like that never gets even past the 2nd kill in a fight club.

NM. Disregard. Just realized your video was about Dark Souls 3.
then yeah.