Discuss the Witcher III and its wiki, share tips, discuss expansions and DLC!
Wiki: Visit the Witcher 3 Wiki
VIP

AngryFrozenWater

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Qubit

Souls: 1,571.00
Bank: 0.00
Fexelea wrote:[...] Witcher 3 gave the option to bypass most of the unnecessary romancing, but doing so left you with a mishap of an ending.

I'm truly curious to see if CDPR will make Ciri into a full fledged title [...]

About not romancing anyone... Like I wrote before, it makes the ending of Blood and Wine better (in the good and bittersweet endings of the main game).

About a stand alone Ciri game... Yes! I would love that. :)
"There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot. A punch to the face is also likely." - Legion.

Cerce

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,249.00
This discussion reminds me of fast-travel in Fallout: New Vegas, it's a mechanic that detracts from the overall feeling and atmosphere of the game; but in F:NV if you don't fast-travel you get the full experience of the game, those random encounters and wild wasteland events and such work as incentives to explore and walk around, besides the exploration itself is pretty rewarding; if you don't romance anyone in the Witcher 3 you just end up feeling like you missed some major part of the game, even if it is a bad part, and the failed quests that appear in your log are depressing.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,102.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Cerce wrote:This discussion reminds me of fast-travel in Fallout: New Vegas, it's a mechanic that detracts from the overall feeling and atmosphere of the game; but in F:NV if you don't fast-travel you get the full experience of the game, those random encounters and wild wasteland events and such work as incentives to explore and walk around, besides the exploration itself is pretty rewarding; if you don't romance anyone in the Witcher 3 you just end up feeling like you missed some major part of the game, even if it is a bad part, and the failed quests that appear in your log are depressing.

I don't like those failed quests. In my entire playthrough, all of the "failed" quests were just ones where I decided to take a different path, like when I didn't fix all of the goddess statues for the woman because the men who were tipping them over had a good point. I decided to let them do it because I agreed with them, and I failed the quest as a result.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

Cerce

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,249.00
EldritchImagination wrote:I don't like those failed quests. In my entire playthrough, all of the "failed" quests were just ones where I decided to take a different path, like when I didn't fix all of the goddess statues for the woman because the men who were tipping them over had a good point. I decided to let them do it because I agreed with them, and I failed the quest as a result.

I don't get that quest, you're supposed to beat up a couple college kids for having a crappy understanding of nihilism? I mean, they're just tipping over statues.

I know this game isn't supposed to be that open ended like TES or something, but at certain moments they seem to forget that and I wish they'd just taken the control away from me and made these choices so Geralt didn't seem so borderline.