For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

Clericknight

Casual
Convict

Souls: 338.00
I don't think its bad to use the anti backstab armor. Personally, I don't. I want my opponent to try backstabbing me because I've developed a playstyle around punishing it.

Nobody expects me to hit with my great hammers in pvp until they are a pancake with most of their health gone. :biggrin:

Rynn

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 7,134.38
Personally I feel spells should not be punishable. Not in the way they are in dark souls 2. Your response to me casting dark orb shouldn't be to sprint in my direction, roll at the last second, and then backstab me from 30 feet away, because I rolled away and your backstab still 'connects' anyway somehow.

I use the ironclad set religiously. I like being a heavy armor hexer, and I very strongly don't enjoy backstabs. Jesters set still lets people backstab me, it just does little in the way of damage, Ironclad literally removes the backstab hitbox.
I can't decide; whether you should live or die.

Petehog

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,510.00
Rynn wrote: Jesters set still lets people backstab me, it just does little in the way of damage, Ironclad literally removes the backstab hitbox.

Still lets people backstab you? That's not true. You can never be backstabbed if you have a Jester's outfit. It's not about high damage or low damage. You simply cannot be backstabbed if you have Jesters. Jesters removes the backstab hitbox too.

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

Souls: 68,002.50
I haven't played in a while...like a couple years.

What happens if someone tries to backstab you if you are wearing Jester's / Ironclad?

Do they get a whiff animation and you are given an opportunity to hit them?
We're gonna need a bigger signature!

Seriously, can someone please make me a signature?

Hash

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,282.00
LostMyHeadache wrote:I haven't played in a while...like a couple years.

What happens if someone tries to backstab you if you are wearing Jester's / Ironclad?

They can not BS you at all. There is no animation.

DS2 is not even out for couple of years :D

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

Souls: 68,002.50
Hash wrote:
LostMyHeadache wrote:I haven't played in a while...like a couple years.

They can not BS you at all. There is no animation.

DS2 is not even out for couple of years :D

Lol fair enough.

Almost 2 years now I suppose...ok a lot has happened since then, it feels like longer!

:P
We're gonna need a bigger signature!

Seriously, can someone please make me a signature?

DanteWTF

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,361.00
Firstly, you can wear whatever the hell you want. Be Jester Thomas and smack noobs because you bought the game, if they can't win without backstabs then they need to learn how to play.

Secondly, spacing... One of the most important thing in the game. If you think someone's internet is dodgy, you almost have to pre-roll or unlocked run away to eliminate certain backstab situations. It is basically knowing your surroundings and enemy with the weapons you chose vs theirs. We have all been in that situation where you are circling each other, the other player moves strangely and then you got backstabbed when they are in front of you. Just learn from previous fights. There are players who unlock and can backstab you with ease. But if you notice a certain time they tend to go for it, it should be able to be countered by pre-rolling or even being more aggressive.

HillSun

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 815.00
My suggestions:

1) Wearing light armor, so it becomes harder to get backstabs

2) there are ways to get back to their backstab attempt, roll and circle back to backstab them, or copy their style. I sometimes do exactly my opponent does, if they play boring tactics, like standing waiting for parry, parry fishing, backstab fishing.

I like duels that both aggressive and no healing!!

Petehog

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,510.00
HillSun wrote:My suggestions:

1) Wearing light armor, so it becomes harder to get backstabs

2) there are ways to get back to their backstab attempt, roll and circle back to backstab them, or copy their style. I sometimes do exactly my opponent does, if they play boring tactics, like standing waiting for parry, parry fishing, backstab fishing.

I like duels that both aggressive and no healing!!

This conversation is sort of over..but I wish there was a way that I could show people what I'm talking about. I know the exact timing of backstabs. It's to the point where every opponent I fight, my character is touching their character directly at their face in a taunting manner and the moment they attack, I roll in and I get the backstab. It's easier to land a backstab than it is to evade against one who has mastered it.