For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.
 provided you are given to opportunity to buff, what do you do?
Total votes : 36
1) I do not buff.
33%
2) I buff my weapon only.
19%
3) I buff myself only (GMB, homing soul masses and other denials)
14%
4) I buff both my weapon and myself.
33%

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 21,179.50
Wiki Edits: 18
ever since DkS1, I have been a profound hater of buffs for many reasons.

I am just curious to see what proportion of our community is actually using buffs in PvP :no see:
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

Praise-the-sun

Revived
Savior

Souls: 10,843.50
Bank: 0.00
People who don't buff are such a rarity, that when you meet them you know from the get go they mean business. But its always these fights I enjoy the most.
Last edited by Praise-the-sun on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 12,792.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I buff, but I don't wait. I don't expect my opponent to wait for me to buff, and I won't let them buff if I can. To me, buffing is like attacking, or casting a spell. You're not just going to stand there and wait and let your opponent do it, but you're going to try to do it yourself.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: Locked
Bank: Locked
Wiki Edits: 10
Iron Flesh and I will use it many times during the duel if it's necessary.

Daos_Strange

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,127.00
Wiki Edits: 2
I buff based on the build I'm running. Winning is not as important to me as playing the role of the character I've created. It doesn't make sense for my powerstanced caestus-wielding tough guy to buff with GMB or Flame Weapon; it just doesn't fit the character profile. On the other hand, my miracle monk w/ partizan will get both Sunlight Bland and Sacred Oath. So I answer All of the Above to your poll.

Baseborn

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 1,196.00
Bank: 2,515.00
I like to buff sometimes, but not always. More often in the arena, less often during invasions, and almost always when I'm being invaded.

If I'm winning a lot in a row I'll stop buffing to raise the difficulty bar.
Baseborn has a YouTube channel!
Discord
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

YYYEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Petehog

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,510.00
I buff reactively.

In other words I'll buff in the exact way my opponent has buffed himself.

However I change this based on the difficulty of the opponent. ie. If he's a Havel newb, I don't use anything. If it's a Skorbrand or a tier 3 Brotherhood of blood fighter, I'm putting every damn buff in existence.

Hash

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,282.00
Never. Not in invasions, not in arena, not if invaded. Also, i allways allow opponent to buff or apply whatever spell they want. If an opponent uses iron flesh, usually i also allow them to reapply it during the fight, but not allways. Depends on how much i like them.

Exception to the rule is extra high level PvP FC with friends, where we have other rules to mantain balance, so i use fire weapon pyro and ressonant flesh hex.

Plouto777

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 4,982.00
I don't really care about buffs.
I buff my weapon only when my opponent has buffed and if I have a spell buff available on the character, I don't use resigns and such, the only time I may "buff" on my own is when I use yorgh spear and I'm against elemental damage, then I consume a burr.

Buffs just make fights shorter which is a bad thing for me, I know some people want to be done as soon as possible (don't know why) but I am not one of them.

Petehog

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,510.00
Plouto777 wrote:I don't really care about buffs.
I buff my weapon only when my opponent has buffed and if I have a spell buff available on the character, I don't use resigns and such, the only time I may "buff" on my own is when I use yorgh spear and I'm against elemental damage, then I consume a burr.

Buffs just make fights shorter which is a bad thing for me, I know some people want to be done as soon as possible (don't know why) but I am not one of them.

Totally off topic but I'm curious..since there are very few Yorgh Spear users. Which attack do you like to use out of the Yorgh Spear (1handed r1, 2 handed r1, r2) ? And how do you handle scrappy and fast fighters with the Yorgh spear? Whenever I use it, it seems like it's either hard for me to catch my opponents or they roll and backstab me (provided I'm not wearing Jesters).