For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

reim0027

Lordvessel
Honorary Rhogar

Souls: 2,234.49
Build #1:
  • drop endurance to 40. The only reason to go above 40 is for equipment weight (getting to the next "roll level").
  • Consider bumping Dex to 45 to increase FT casting speed.
  • Go +15 Composite Bow with maxed out Dex. It'll hit harder, since it is 100% physical damage instead of split damage.
  • Consider using Wolf Ring instead of Steel Protection. Or, rapid swap it when you need poise, such as trying to cast FT. 96 poise is hard to interrupt that cast.
  • Can't comment on the armor. Not my specialty.
  • http://mmdks.com/51ez

Build 2
  • Drop Strength to 27. With 2H, there is no need to go above 27 with your weapons.
  • Up Faith to 40 to maximize your DSS AR
  • Go to Composite Bow +15, same reason as above
  • Swap Wolf ring for Bellowing Dragoncrest (or Sun, I'm not sure which one has better magic adjust)
  • Up Att 1 point to give you another slot. Use it for a dex weapon buff (SLB) or for another WoG or Karmic Justice, or a healing miracle.
  • I adjusted your armor for insane physical defense and 62 poise. When you run out of WoG, then swap a wolf or steel back on.
  • at 41 Faith, Darkmoon Talisman is the most powerful Talisman.
  • http://mmdks.com/51f2

My $0.02

PSN: reim0027_2,  reim0027_3, reim0027_5.  Skype: reim0027  
Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  /  Official Wiki Fight Club / Forest Invasion Soul Levels /
Low Level Invasion Rules

Zombie_Collin

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 164.00
Bank: 0.00
do you have any dex builds or int builds to give me an idea what to work with? i feel comfortable with my Toxic Tank build now. both with swords to be preferred.
Hail to the King, Baby!

reim0027

Lordvessel
Honorary Rhogar

Souls: 2,234.49
Check this thread out: t13918/the-build-doctor/

You can post what type of build you want and they can give you ideas.

PSN: reim0027_2,  reim0027_3, reim0027_5.  Skype: reim0027  
Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  /  Official Wiki Fight Club / Forest Invasion Soul Levels /
Low Level Invasion Rules

Dakuara

Souls: 70.00
Awesome, thanks for making this thread.

Issacfrost

Souls: 50.00
Well what I generally do is more or less this:

Vitality 40 usually to get the best out of it.

Attunement I usually go for five slots if I'm running Pyromancies/Miracles/Sorcery so basically I go 19. I feel that covers the better spells for all of them except Sorcerer whom I tend to go 23 to get all the use from their dark and soul sorceries.

Endurance 35-40 Depends a lot when I use it in the planner. Usually to either see if it's viable to fast roll or stay at mid roll.

Strength and Dexterity are usually the ones I raise up to the weapon I want be it a strength one or a dexterity one then I put 30-45 points depending on character. A pyromancer can do 45 Dex. But my Dex/Fth one uses 40.

Faith and Intelligence Again depends. I can have 45 for a Sorcerer Dex/Int build like I gave to my friend recently. But 30 for my Knight (Dex/Fth) build.

That's about it. Most characters will look like this after running them through the calculator. I jot down whether the mid or fast roll and how much poise they have compared to the old breakpoint of 76. So something like 60/76 for my Strength cleric.

Sorcerer (Dex/Int)
Vitality 40
Attunement 23
Endurance 35
Strength 10
Dexterity 35
Resistance 8
Intelligence 45
Faith 8

Gear
Balder Side Sword +15
Dark Hand/Small Leather Shield
Logan's Catalyst
Crown of the Dark Sun
Lord's Blade Set +5
Wolf Ring
Ring of Favor and Protection

6/6 Spells
Crystal Magic Weapon
Pursuers
Homing Crystal Soulmass
Crystal Soul Spear
Dark Bead

I'm mostly a fashionist so I generally go Wolf Ring. RoFaP has its uses to gain fast rolls like on my Str/Fth build. But it generally is useful for me to use it a lot. There is a ton of builds in the old threads I frequented. I could pull that data with credit to the right people. My builds tend to lean into and be what I call 'transition' builds. This means they can do good at PvE and can put up one hell of a fight in PvP. This is a great guide and a lot of that is great for all kinds of play. Although I run Vitality 30 on a flip flip ninja. Usually I like it to be 40.