For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

YasaiMushaMusha

Souls: 107.00
I'm referring to the invading type. Does anybody have tips to rid them of their fun? It obviously depends on the respective character of the player to some degree but I have a suspicion that they all don't differ much after all. I'm on xbox btw.

Thanks for any advice. It's just that avoiding them through xbox-live doesn't seem to keep them from invading over and over again. I don't want to reconnect every time and even that is not a 100% solution to avoiding them so I want to confront them.

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 22,906.50
Wiki Edits: 18
Can't survive gravity.

Otherwise, not really. They have infinite HP, you can't kill them.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

YasaiMushaMusha

It's not really about killing them. If they're not completely stupid they stay away from the edges. It's more about psychological warfare I guess :)

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

You're just more meat for the grinder. You aren't a threat, and if they aren't dumb they won't perceive you as one you you can't unnerve them either.

You can get into a 40 minute long duel where you whoop the **** out of them and refuse to die if you're looking to embarrass them but that's the best I got.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 45,493.50
Wiki Edits: 565
If you don't mind using a hacking tool to **** with cheaters, consider the following tricks:

- weapons with the cursing property edited onto them will always instantly kill anything, even if it has infinite or frozen hp. Always go for the maximum value of curse, in case they have the maximum curse resistance. The only time this won't kill a cheater is if they know how to freeze their status resistances.
- it is possible to add a property onto a weapon that changes what the last bonfire they rested at was (so, the one they'll respawn at). It is also possible to add the Dark Sign effect onto a weapon as an activates-on-hit effect. In other words, you can change the last bonfire they rested at to the Abyss, force them to warp back there, and if they didn't kill the Four Kings and don't have the Covenant of Artorias equipped, they'll be locked into an infinite loop of being eaten by the abyss and respawning. This will last until they use their cheat engine to warp to a different location.
- make your own hp infinite/frozen, freeze your curse meter buildup, and then just stand there and wait for them to get bored. Don't move, don't fight back, just stand there. Go make a sandwich. Your character is now a lesson in the futility of cheating.
- summon the four kings and set their hp bar to infinity. Make popcorn and watch the show.
- People using cheat engines can, and most likely did, instantly give themselves whatever gear they want and nine billion souls with the push of a button. Don't feel any remorse for destroying absolutely every aspect of their character. Weapons and armor? Destroy it. Levels? If you can figure out how to drain levels, do it. Corrupting save files? This might seem extreme, but at most it'll keep them off the game for maybe a minute. Do what you want to them, it's not like they'll ever stop.

If you don't want to use a hacking tool to beat out hackers:

- knock them off a cliff. This works 99% of the time.
- for some reason, dealing an arbitrarily large amount of damage all at once will auto-kill people, even if they have infinite hp. The amount of damage required to do this is far beyond the amount of hp a player can legitimately get, so the only time it will happen is against cheaters. Get familiar with Pursuers, Dark Bead, Power Within, and Red Tearstone.
- unequip all your gear and equip the dark wood grain ring. when a hacker invades, just dodge their every attack. it's important to be more patient than them when doing this, as the goal is to mentally fatigue them to the point where you can subtly bait them to a ledge and dragon roar them off a cliff.
- generally speaking, if you can't beat them the next best thing is to erode away at their willpower and energy until they no longer want to continue. Most people who use a cheat engine are extremely bad at the game, and even good players who start using a cheat engine will get rusty fast. Look up videos of how to chain backstabs, dodge in lag-heavy environments, and practice parrying. Always remember to never, ever "finish". Bait them with anticipation, but never follow through. If you parry them, don't riposte. If you dodge an attack that leaves them wide open, don't counter attack. If you make them stagger with a hit, don't land the next hit. This is far, far more frustrating to the cheater than just pinning them in a corner and not letting them move, because stunlocking them forever allows them to give up. Don't give them a chance to just surrender, let them keep trying and interrupt their attempts to fight, but let them recover from it. This allows you to drag the fight on for much longer, draw out every scrap of willpower in them, and slowly crush everything they have.
- send them fanmail. Keep it normal at first, then get a little flirty, and continue escalating it until you've reached aggressively homoerotic levels of naughty. If they try to flirt back, keep escalating it until they get too weirded out to continue, then keep going. Every time they invade you, type out an RP fantasy of them doing filthy things related to how they attacked your character. Act like you're getting more and more excited. If they never invade you again, you win. Note that this "method" requires some creativity.

Always remember, if an invader is trapped in your world they can't invade other people. Don't let them out until you're done with them. :devil:

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

I wouldn't cheat.

I always defaulted to the demonstrating my superority. For every 1 hit I take I try to land 6 or 7 full combo's.

I treat their invincibility as a handicap. They cannot die, they have to actually admit through some action that I am better and not worth the effort. I want them to give up. There is nothing more satisfying than beating a hacker so badly that they DC/BC/suicide rather than continue facing me.

Don't ever chase them though. That's always a trap.
- George W. Bush

YasaiMushaMusha

TSMP wrote:[...]

I'm not planning on hacking myself. The possibilities you describe are rather frightening to be honest, lol.
But your other tactics will come in handy! Thanks a lot - the fanmail bit made me laugh :D

This last hacker immediately jumped off a cliff after I stood up to him the third time and sent him a message like "a hundred percent hacks - zero percent skill".
But for other more mentally stable hackers I will heed your advice :)

@Forum_Pirate: Thanks to you too!

Kakarookee

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 990.00
Wiki Edits: 1
On xbox, you can always bleed out hackers in 4 bleeds with a gold tracer. They are usually dumb and won't even react. If they do react and spam something at you, use divine blessings. PS3 hackers are smarter but you can just block them so it doesn't matter.

chosenunbread

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 286.00
Bank: 2,083.50
using the hornet ring allows you to knock them further after a backstab, which could be easier than wog/dragon roar/force. but yeah, most of the time it's a war or attrition. dodging their attacks constantly, spinning around with your lock-off, raising and lowering your shield, constant backstabs, you gotta make is seem like it's effortless. if you get hit, back up and flick your shield at them or spin around. don't go easy on the things that gough gives you that talk, too. be careful about gestures, though; it may be a death wish to throw out a "well, what is it?" don't be afraid to use any db's that came with the mule you potentially downloaded!
me after making a post 100% of the time: oh, wait, i should have said... *edit*Show Spoiler[img=center]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag463/Hezakiiah/tumblr_nm6m4uSlfB1qep3h6o1_400_zpsrgcy1qoa.gif -->