For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 12,270.00
Bank: 15,670.00
Wiki Edits: 82
I have one like that. In the end I was using the scythe 90% of the time, since 2H moveset is so good. Pyros were just a diversion. Something like a Ricard's Rapier would complement more the pyro, like luring your opponent with fake thrusts so that they try roll backstab but you already are casting Chaos Fire Whip. Don't forget the Composite Bow!
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WorldspineWurm

Casual
Convict

Souls: 334.00
You know what? I think I might actually take this back to the shop and see if I can't manage an additional weapon or 2 while maintaining 76 poise. Feel free to post your build Wyrm :biggrin:
"The Wurm's Wake."
Mad Wizard Of Lordran.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Well my build was exactly as yours but with different looks and the Lifehunt Scythe. So I modified yours real quick with a focus on the pyros. The thing about them is that you can't really set up as nicely as you can in DkS2. So having to rely on manual aiming the fireballs isn't my type of thing. Some players do it really well though. This is why I like to combine pyromancy with sorcery. HCSM -> Great Fireball is way easier. As for poise I like at least 41 for 2 Dex weapon hits, iirc.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/418761
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WorldspineWurm

Casual
Convict

Hmmm, I don't know how comfortable I would feel with poise that low, but I do like the addition of the bow. Question, why do you pick Ricard's Rapier over the regular Rapier?
"The Wurm's Wake."
Mad Wizard Of Lordran.

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

WorldspineWurm wrote:Hmmm, I don't know how comfortable I would feel with poise that low, but I do like the addition of the bow. Question, why do you pick Ricard's Rapier over the regular Rapier?

It's longer, has great scaling in Dex and the R2 is pretty cool. Poise is a matter of getting used to really. The shield is for when you fight vs spears so you can turtle.

WorldspineWurm

Casual
Convict

You know what? I actually like your version a lot. Pyro damage is through the roof with the BDR.

I only just realized I'm able to swap out my Great Scythe for the Uchigatana without missing a beat. It easily compliments the Pyro's a ton better. I was two-handing my scythe way too much. I also found swapping Grass Crest for the Crest Shield also really helped against Casters.

Now I'm just practicing quick little menu swaps.
"The Wurm's Wake."
Mad Wizard Of Lordran.

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 23,006.50
Wiki Edits: 18
For a 1h polearm, the scythe (no great, just scythe) is actually really good. You can punish up close with GC and you can zone and roll trap really well with the scythe, and it crits reasonably hard. (the 2nd 1h R2 likes to catch people between rolls when they roll away, so long as you're far enough away that they can't roll BS you it's an effective trap)
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

WorldspineWurm

Casual
Convict

Forum_Pirate wrote:For a 1h polearm, the scythe (no great, just scythe) is actually really good. You can punish up close with GC and you can zone and roll trap really well with the scythe, and it crits reasonably hard. (the 2nd 1h R2 likes to catch people between rolls when they roll away, so long as you're far enough away that they can't roll BS you it's an effective trap)

Always an honor to have an OG visit one of my threads.

Remarkably the Scythe is another weapon that fits in to my weapon slot perfectly without causing me to Medium Roll, and the moveset is no joke. Now I just need to somehow get my hands on another titanite Slab. Great suggestion.

I'm now menu swapping between the Iaito, Scythe, and Great Scythe for weapons.
"The Wurm's Wake."
Mad Wizard Of Lordran.