Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

CakeThiefPro

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,700.00
Caciowskij wrote:It seems like everyone assumes that to compare someone to another both of them have to be alive simultaeneously, but that's not true. If I was to say "wow you're some kind of martin luther king 2.0" because of something you do, that doesn' t mean you were with him and you compared in some way.

That's true but in this case what could Pharis do to rival Gough if not kill dragons? Maybe the chaos demons were a large threat but I'm not sure you can compare them to the Ever Lasting Dragons. Although if Pharis was a legendary dragon hunter I feel we'd know more about him so maybe he really is just a legend made for humans?

Caciowskij

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,808.00
CakeThiefPro wrote:
Caciowskij wrote:It seems like everyone assumes that to compare someone to another both of them have to be alive simultaeneously, but that's not true. If I was to say "wow you're some kind of martin luther king 2.0" because of something you do, that doesn' t mean you were with him and you compared in some way.

That's true but in this case what could Pharis do to rival Gough if not kill dragons? Maybe the chaos demons were a large threat but I'm not sure you can compare them to the Ever Lasting Dragons. Although if Pharis was a legendary dragon hunter I feel we'd know more about him so maybe he really is just a legend made for humans?

He might have done something awesome, such as shoting someone from a crazy distance with his eyes closed, or used a bow with his feet, that's not directly comparable but is still an incredible demonstration of skill.
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,414.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
Or like the hat and attire suggest, perhaps Pharis took part in an archery contest where his opponent hit a bullseye. Then Pharis proceeded to split his opponent's arrow.

Maybe children were fond of him because he robbed from the rich and gave to the poor and kept their families fed.

I'm only half joking by the way. The garb is definitely stereotypical Robin Hood (and we know the hat and bow were modeled after Pharis' but were not necessarily the exact ones that belonged to him, like the boss weapons we acquire are likely replicas).

Legends are legends for a variety of reasons.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon