it works thanks
I re-installed the first Mass Effect on the PC to create a save to import into Mass Effect 2, but when I go to load ME1 Import it claimed there was no save data.

I went to Program Files to check and found NO Mass Effect folder ANYWHERE, only the second Mass Effect game.
Thank you very much!

Barnzi88 wrote...

I re-installed the first Mass Effect on the PC to create a save to import into Mass Effect 2, but when I go to load ME1 Import it claimed there was no save data.

I went to Program Files to check and found NO Mass Effect folder ANYWHERE, only the second Mass Effect game.

After 16 days this may be a little late but in case you haven't already found them you're looking in the wrong place. Save data does not live in the game folder within Program Files, it lives in the BioWare folder in Documents. Re-read the OP, the files paths are in there.
 Thanks for the help. :D 
wow didnt realize how much this helped anyone till checking for new content for ME3 and saw a post on my profile
What a great soldier. Thanks ;)

I have a question though. Will it only work for completed games on ME1?

Edited by ToxicXneuromance, 04 November 2012 - 05:36 AM.

im trying to import my ME1 shepard to ME2, and can't find the save files, if the procedure different if you got it on origin?