Schedule Events and discuss in-game and user-made covenants. Share tips, plan, and coordinate with your fellow players!
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
Covenant Guidelines

Now that Dark Souls 2 is upon is, it's time to reintroduce some topics that were effective community facilitators in the first game. We anticipate user made covenants to be an active and bustling component of life at this site. In the original game, we used these guidelines for user made covenants as a means of clarifying and encouraging peaceful and enjoyable roleplay. As a moderation team, it helps us to refine the guidelines because often times the lines between roleplay and real life become very blurred so we have a few bullet points to help everyone stay focused on the most productive and creative methods.

• When starting up a new covenant or refining an existing one, please be sensitive to the lore base of other covenants. Each user cove has their own manifesto as the first post of their thread, and it's good and responsible courtesy to familiarize yourself with what differentiates each. Lore and creative expression are very personal things and stepping on those toes can lead to bristling which can often spill over into flaming.
  • Be gentle and respectful of each other and be helpful as well. This extends to faces old and new. Upstarts infuse new life and ideas to the section and the forums in general. Uplift and help them refine ideas. Everyone wins in the form of new events and activities when more creativity is being expressed.
  • Allegiance and fealty to in game areas are a vital component of user made covenant roleplay. Please be respectful of boundaries; we also discourage war for "conquest" of these areas. Interactions that shape lore are quite ok, and are very creative solutions. Also, it must be made clear that allegiance to areas have their boundaries entirely within the covenant section and are not to spill over into other forum areas. Individuals who wish to host fight clubs, and other events in PvP/General which are not connected to user made covenants are to be allowed to do so in any game location without any resistance and should not be expected to show signs of fealty or ask permission.
  • When interacting with other covenants, it is crucial to make the distinction when the conversation is grounded in reality or in roleplay. Often times scathing remarks from a position of roleplay are misunderstood as personal flaming. Where possible we ask that you use italics to intone pure roleplay especially when interacting with and posting in another covenants thread.

I'll leave this thread open for discussion and further refinement of guidelines. Thank you all for making this section a very successful element in the world of Dark Souls 2!
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Gaming News, Guides & Reviews / Gaming Wikis / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

SethWinternight

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 599.00
I'm planning to make a User-made covenant myself. Are there any other tips or details that would help make my covenant more interesting?

blueberryvibe

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 912.00
Bank: 4,026.00
Make sure to make it as unique as possible, and as apealing to others as possible. It seems hard to get started atm with already many covs, but i think that people need to play thru the game first and doing some pvp before joining user covs. Also, this section is thr least active on the boards.

But if you have a good idea for a cov, go for it! The worst that csn happen is that no one joins, but atleast you've tried then ^^

Aah, and try something that others arnt doing. E.g, a Chaos covenant, since there already is one. But no one is stopping you though. Good luck ^^

(You can also try to join a user cov first and see how the current cov leaders are running their covs)

SethWinternight

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 599.00
Some sound advice there and I think I have an idea of a possibly unique covenant.

I used to be in a couple of covenants for DkS1: The Noble Knights and The Exiled. I reckon I picked up a few things that can help me.

Thanks for the advice.

dks2playerjc

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 50.00
Bank: 4,564.40
Is it okay to make a covenant based on something from dark souls 1 even if there is no mention of it in dks2 like the Disciples of Artorias?

blueberryvibe

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 912.00
Bank: 4,026.00
I don't think there are any specific rules, so I guess it's ok. For DkS1 we had a prism-stone covenant and in the end the Cult of Friendship, both which didn't really have any "real" lore bound to them from the game. If you have a good idea for a Cove, work with it for a time, get all your posts togather and then post it in the forums. As I said to Seth a couple of weeks ago, I recommend going for something as unique and possible that will look appealing for other people.

TheJadaman

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,820.00
Has there been a covenant made with any relation to Shanalotte, The Emerald Herald? I have an idea for one that would serve her, and I didn't see one that explicitly involved her but I wanted to check so I don't step on any toes.
Give me estus!

Give me bonfire!

Give me that which I desire!