Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 5,690.00
Systemic, cold, precise.

I awaken to find my theory taken apart in a professional manner, well done ladies and gents!

Epileptic Trees, I like that term. I will admit that that is what this was, it's good for gaining a bit of ground if you're willing to backtrack a little when it's shot down. I'm willing to make assumptions and see if they work out, especially in a game with so much left unsaid, it seems open to a fair amount of interpretation at times.

I guess the primary assumption I go in with is that things are never what they appear to be, we're given a creation story but what else is going on? Who benefits from this story and what does it hide?

A few minor notions were accepted from this debacle, not a total loss :P

Acarnatia, I admit I got a little riled up myself, twas not needed, we cool.

Thank you for the welcome everyone, sorry about the enterance haha

Nevis_Ysbrid

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 604.00
Bank: 4,800.00
The intro video may be different from the story that is told and accepted. Generally, I take the intro video as one of the few absolutely trustworthy bits and as something the player had view to that their character didn't-similarly to how a scene showing the villain's plan before the heroes find out in a film.
I am the Grey that shall become Red, the Ysbrid that shall become the Ddraig, the cloud and lightning. Red aether art I, the Heaven/Venom of Ben Nevis.

Here's our Nodiatus Test thread. Come tell us what you are!

Adherent_of_Cinder

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 689.00
Bank: 0.00
Seeing as literally everything else in the game is canon i see no reason not to hold that to the intro vid.

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

Adherent of Cinder wrote:Seeing as literally everything else in the game is canon i see no reason not to hold that to the intro vid.

What is this comment in relation to?

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

Okay, here's a question based around Seath. I know I said he was the only mutated being in the game but I just remembered another...

Seath is interested in Maidens and he sends the Channelers out looking for them, from my understanding that's an accepted viewpoint, correct me if I'm wrong because this whole post kinda leans on that.

What's the Channeler doing down in the Depths? There're no Maidens down there, but there is a highly mutated dragon in the area directly below where we find the Channeler. Could it be possible that Seath sent the Channeler to the Depths to study/observe this mutated cousin of his?

Now, there's an obvious line of thought that I could follow down from here... but since that's just another copse of Epileptic Trees I wont entertain it :P

Adherent_of_Cinder

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 689.00
Bank: 0.00
Could it be possible that Seath sent the Channeler to the Depths to study/observe this mutated cousin of his?

Most likely. If you start the boss battle without killing the Channeler it aims at you exclusively. Never thought about this.

Mr_Rift

Caffeinated
Guardian

There're no Channelers in the Valley of the Drakes, there's not even one watching the Bridge Drake or the last Dragon down in Ash Lake. I'd include Kalameet but since he/she/it's in the past I'm not sure that counts.

At any rate, the only Dragon(of any kind) that is being remotely watched by a Channeler is the one that is mutated... and that battle is skippable if you've got the master key.

Also, just randomly... for an uber-powerful mage, Logan manages to get himself captured *twice* and both times by Snake-people. There's got to be something to that.