guys i for playing mass effct 2 now i need to launch the program origin (where i download the game) and launch Mass Effect 2 from there, if I do the problem does not appear but if I do not, the message "awc.dll load failed, try to reinstall the program" show up , which is the" origin "to create this problem?

Darktommy3 wrote...

guys i for playing mass effct 2 now i need to launch the program origin (where i download the game) and launch Mass Effect 2 from there, if I do the problem does not appear but if I do not, the message "awc.dll load failed, try to reinstall the program" show up , which is the" origin "to create this problem?

You don't need to use Origin.  You can launch ME2 directly.
no if i don't use Origin, mass effect 2 doens't run, becaus the problem with AWC.dll
This is so damn irritating. You mean to say they did not release a patch for this issue? Plus, reinstalling means re-downloading for us digital purchasers which is a 5 hour plus download and sucks away all your bandwidth. Seriously.. BioWare and EA. FIX YOUR GAME. You guys have had plenty of time to patch this.

Luftwaffe2120 wrote...

This is so damn irritating. You mean to say they did not release a patch for this issue? Plus, reinstalling means re-downloading for us digital purchasers which is a 5 hour plus download and sucks away all your bandwidth. Seriously.. BioWare and EA. FIX YOUR GAME. You guys have had plenty of time to patch this.

You can't address anyone from either Bioware or EA in here.  Read the forum descriptions. 

If you think that you have a complaint to make somewhere official, look at the link at the bottom center of every page on the forums. 
Hey guys ( and/or gals)

I just re-installed my mass effect 2 game to get my save files ready for ME 3. I have it on Origin cause my game disc was faulty,
I had already played via Origins with no problem some time ago. Now that it finished intalling i hit paly, it tells me it has to chekc the date thing idk, then i get the awc.dll problem window... Any idead what could it be?

Im upadating my Adobe AIR just in case of...:(
Sorry for necroposting, but I finally figured out a solution for myself, and I'm not sure it's mentioned here. Simply turn off your firewall(Security Suite, Agnitum Outpost Firewall, whatever) and disconnect your Internet physically(tug the cable off). ME2 started working for me immediately.

EDIT: And if EACoreServer.exe is already running, turn it off via Task Manager.

Before that, I tried reinstalling, checked if Adobe Air was installed(it was), ran EAAccessInstaller.exe in silent mode numerous times, made EACore_App.ini a silent file, and searched for a fixed .exe from Impulse(never found it, though). Also, tried allowing/disallowing EACoreServer.exe and MassEffect2.exe through my firewall/and tried turning the Internet off(not two together). Nothing helped, until I finally figured out the solution above.

Off-topic: I got ME2 for free for buying DA2. Having played the entire ME trilogy and most of other Bioware games, I think ME2 is the best Bioware's game to date. But this bug is really bugging me(sorry for tautology), especially now that I figured out that it's not a software malfunction - the game just hates firewalls and wants to go to online. I hope it'll get fixed some day - the "turn Internet on/turn Internet off" deal is not very pleasant.

Edited by Kulyok, 28 August 2012 - 05:45 AM.

I have managed to get my game working using a quick (and easy) solution ! (all my files are stored on my D: Drive as it's the largest) I copied all the files from the binaries folder from c:/Program Files (x86)/Origins/Origin/games/Mass Effect 2/binaries and pasted them to my MAIN Driver where games are stored. D:/Program Files /Origins/Origin/games/Mass Effect 2/binaries (moving and REPLACING files already there.

I then copied all the files from c:/Program Files (x86)/Origins/Origin/games/Mass Effect 2/docs and pasted them into D:/Program Files /Origins/Origin/games/Mass Effect 2/docs (moving and REPLACING files already there.

...You get a log on screen when launching the game where you enter your email and Password and it worked!

...Hope this makes sense.