Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

EverlastingRat

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 15.00
I've wondered about that damn calamity ring... i mean, does anything special happen for using it, or is it just another goof like the pendant... Image

i mean i guess using the calamity ring, through a whole play through, is essentially opting for a hard difficulty mode in dark souls, i guess... :suspect:

MEEfO

Souls: 33.00
I know the consensus seems to be that the Pendant is a sort of joke and has no use or effect, but I did have one thought today that I thought I'd share. Apologies if this idea has been posted before here or elsewhere.

Today I got to the point in Rhea's storyline where she turns hollow and attacks you from a cell in the Duke's Archives. I felt tremendous sadness as I put her down. Then I recalled that if you let her die in the Parish she has a Pendant on her corpse, which of course is absent from her corpse when killed in the Archives.

So I was thinking: what if you don't kill Rhea in the Archives? What if you close her cell door and lock her in there forever and not kill her at all? What if you drop a Pendant in her cell with her before you do? Maybe something happens--perhaps when you roll over to NG+?

I know it's a long-shot but has anyone let her live, or tried anything like this?

Death_incarnate

Souls: 0.00
hi i'm new here and i don't know if this has already been discussed, due to the fact i didn't know how to word my search. but i have noticed a huge excess of people saying that they may not be able to unlock some things untill they've done numerous playthroughs. and the only thing i can put it down to is needing a certain amount of items that can't be ammassed through 1 playthrough, i was thinking could this item be fire keeper souls? like just don't use them? and find some use for them. i am probably way off, but i think if anyone can be bothered it may be worth investigating

Elalcoholos

at first sorry for my bad english but and i dont know if someone bringed this ideas up so do i well the description of humanity made me think about a playtrough without killing any mobs just bosses someone could try it because im in the middle of the game hope its a good idea

Elalcoholos

also how about killing every mob in the game because if you dont rest the enemies will not respawn either that and the pendant could be used with my former idea

Elalcoholos

also with the kill all moibs idea you can try to kill the everlasting dragon in the few ways listened here sorry for tripple post hope it helps

Nookie

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 713.00
Has anyone noticed the strange books near the Duke's Archives warpable bonfire? When you exit the bonfire balcony and head to the left side of the room I noticed there is odd-looking books in the bookshelf. They're not in same position as other books, they lay "between" the shelf and they look like you could possibly press X or the action button in front of it.. First i saw one book, then i went around the whole room and killed mobs and came back and there was another book appeared next to the column and "library ladder".. Wonder what are they?
PSN: Seministi

DKS: Got multiple characters from SL1 to SL 125. Feel free to ask for co-op, pvp or item trading! Finished over 10 times.

DKS2: NG++!

SvalinnAsgard

Souls: 10.00
I was studying the actual Dark Souls render geometry (not the collision data) today and found what looks like an illusory wall... but not:

In the junction between Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, the one that requires the Chaos Servant rank, there appears to be some small area modeled in. However, as you can see, its not in the game and attacking that wall does nothing.

If anyone knows what that is, or how to disable collision and walk through it, please let me know.
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 888.04
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
Elal,
Not sure about killing no mobs but I know people tried killing all of them. Enemies will respawn after a few areas have been cleared (without resting or dying). There's been a ton of attempts to kill that Dragon. Lastly, your English is just fine.

Nookie, people have noticed but it appears they're just a little buggy. I think that might be the area with floating items too. It's been awhile since I looked though.

Svalinn, that could be one of the many things that was cut from the game. They dropped a ton of content to get it out.

Sorry for the bad news everyone. However, a big welcome since all three of you are new (I understand it's a late welcome for one of you). And don't be discouraged. This is a perfect mindset for discovering all kinds of secrets.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Panwey

Souls: 10.00
Hello everyone! :)

I think i discovered something new (since i cant find anything about it on the wikis or forums) so please excuse me if its not new XD anyways... assuming that you guys know the room in oolacile township where you have to jump a gap to get to a chest with a red chunk? so i went there and suddenly there was a door leading to the chest, didnt have to jump anything O.O went there with another character and tried hitting the wall and using a source of light, nothing happened... unfortunately i forgot to record it and went to kill gwyn... (sorry, my bad XD) so... any ideas? has anyone else seen this? am i too confusing? XD