Discuss wiki content and organization here.

FinPeku

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 122.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Hey, we did some more testing with Rant and here's what we found:

Thrust type hammers deal less poise damage than regular hammers. You need 21 poise to resist 1h R1 attack of pickaxe or warpick and 31 to resist 2h attack. Usually hammers break 36/53.

1h Claymore R2 breaks 41, you need 42 to resist it. So wolf ring is not enough. 2h R2 breaks 52.

Katana 1h running attack breaks 22 poise, 2h breaks 32. you need 23/33 to resist it.

Bolts and arrows break 20. Didn't test greatbows.

These were some things i've heard from other players and/or noticed myself in pvp but wanted to test personally. Feel free to double check this stuff, i'm pretty confident they are correct. There is still plenty of things to test. Greatbows, spear/curved sword running attacks, some spells etc. Also, i was thinking about adding a short list of some optimized armor combinations. PvP in mind of course. Feel free to chime in.

Sneezer

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,046.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Did you guys test the Morning Star? I think that does thrust damage according to the game and leo ring. So that could be an exception, even though it resembles a bash weapon.

FinPeku

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 122.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Sneezer wrote:Did you guys test the Morning Star? I think that does thrust damage according to the game and leo ring. So that could be an exception, even though it resembles a bash weapon.
We didn't actually, good observation. Are you sure it does thrust damage? If I had to guess i would say it does strike damage, doesn't get boost from leo and deals 36/53 poise damage, but i don't know. Should probably test that too. Have you tried it?

Also, since someone was kind enough to upvote my post, go ahead and upvote one of Rant's as well Image

RANT

Lordvessel
Honorary Rhogar

Souls: 431.50
We really should do all the small weapons, I'm sure we can still discover m ore crazy combos

Hugh_G_Johnson

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 4,446.00
I noticed the poise page failed to mention that the Havel's shield stoneskin buff increased poise, so I added that.

Also; it's bugged me for a while that there's almost zero information on R2 poise breaks to be found anywhere. I plan on doing a comprehensive test with Ahho. We even have a plan to test the poise for the aforementioned stoneskin buff! :-O Wish us luck. :P
Blade of the Level 120
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 452,728.49
Bank: 11,723.71
Wiki Edits: 41545
Awesome! Good luck and let us know of the results! :D
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Elden Ring Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter Rise Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon