Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Underrated skill. Put this on my Glass Cannon Ranger and it's surprisingly good. Here's how I used them to great effect against Grog the Troll.

1- As the turn starts, cast this skill and deploy the mines right on top of Grog.
2- Normally the traps take a turn to become "active", but if you are a glass cannon or have adrenaline skill, you should still have more than enough AP left to trigger them with a fire arrow.
3- Use a fire arrow on Grog. The traps are positioned on him so they will explode with the fire arrow. He is dealt a critical hit from the arrow and massive fire damage from all 4 explosive traps triggering at once.

This saves you from using more fire arrows while dealing similar, if not more, fire damage to the target than you would with spamming fire arrows.
Agree that it's underrated. One of the best skills in the game for geo/pyro funnily enough. The traps pretty much equate to a fireball and are set off by fossil strike, impalement, etc.
You can also just set them off with other pyro spells.
Currently the most powerful skill in game, can be trigger up to 8*4=32 explosion (details see Throw Explosive Trap)using special arrow to detonate, dealing massive damage, probably a bug.
If you have Savage Sortilege, the trap will crit but only during your turn. It will not crit on the ennemy turn (probably an oversight). So, detonate it during your turn with another spell or shoot it.
Most powerful pyrocinetic spell. A qick comparison: Right now for me, each trap does 800-850 damage, epidemic of fire 900-1000 but that spell only hits each target once. You can lay all 4 traps on a single target or since it has an aoe on multiple targets standing close.
What it scales off? Int? Pyro? Int and Pyro? Or Traps have damage linked to level?
It only scales with Pyro and Lvl I think.
I one shot kraken yesterday with this. I wouldn't recommend using it for anything else lol

Senakira

Souls: 50.00
I just did some testing.
Somehow, when I active it manually by shooting it with talent [Savage Sortilege], I could deal critical damage with it.
While throwing the traps, if I'm on high ground + active it normally, It got bonus damage from [Huntsman].
So... the damage will base on Level + Pyro level + Hunstman (High ground require)...
I did something similar when I was in a random fight, grouped every enemy together, was on high ground, threw the traps, detonated them with a casual Fireball and.. yeah, basically chaos unleashed. The traps definitely scale with your Character Level, Pyro Level, and Huntsman- weirdly enough. Though, they still do high damage without Huntsman.