Discuss the game as well as comments posted to our The Surge Wiki and The Surge 2 Wiki

The main benefit of this weapon is its versatility.

Instead of horizontal attacks and vertical attacks, this one has a sword attack on the left click and claw attacks on the right click (though it should be noted that all finishers are sword-style).

And this is what makes it so good; you have much more control over you attack speed than with other weapons.

However, what makes the weapon an absolute beast is that the claw attack has the same stagger as the sword attack, meaning it stunlocks enemies like crazy and basically stunlocks armored hits as much as normal claws stun on unarmored hits
I got it on my 1st playthrough totally randomly :D
Yeah me too. I always play "Souls" Like games totally blind in the first playthrough. After my first playthrough i start reading tips and hints. This weapon is a beast. It melted everything in ng+ and i had it upgraded with Nanite already in Complex B so in the second area it was fully upgraded.

Love the game and its the first game that made me want to play ng+
Damaged front legs, back legs, and cut off right arm (focusing on it the whole time) - no claws of gestalt. Super disappointing. This game is broken &(
From the game info, you must hit the required member multiple time to get a big chance to cut this member... By example, hitting unarmored head and finish with hitting the required member do not ensure to to get the armor piece :)

lapdragon

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 4,350.00
Wiki Edits: 779
Did you by chance use a Heavy-Duty or twin-rigged weapon? Both of those weapon types have known issue with damaging other body parts when you use one of their spin combos. It's advised to use staves or one-handed weapons when trying to get a specific weapon from an enemy, because those two have the highest accuracy and do the least damage to secondary bodyparts.

lapdragon

Regular
Battle Tested

I followed the process listed on the wiki page (kill both front "legs", and then one of the back ones), then focused all of my attacks on the arm listed as "right arm" in the limb selections, and I got the weapon with no problem.
I'm just running around the nucleus with no idea how to get the rogue process

lapdragon

Regular
Battle Tested

Getting to the second floor is pretty straightforward - after that you will need to take a right when you go out the door of Ops, and then follow that path until you get to the area with all of the Chrysalis zombies and a three-way intersection.

Take a right at that intersection, clear the area out down there, and go through the gas areas and overcharge the ports and open any doors you find. That will unlock the areas that you next need to go to, so backtrack through all of the gas back to the three-way intersection, and this time go straight and down the ramp, that will wind around a lot and eventually take you to another security area - work your way through the security guys and kill the two Nanite Masses, and then choose whether or not to upload the virus.

Regardless of your choice with the virus, you can now go back through the gas area and exit into a room with a Nanite Mass and an MG Centurion embedded in the floor - kill the Nanite Mass and go through the hallway behind him, and that will take you to an elevator and a mesh door - the mesh door will take you back to Ops, and the elevator will take you to the next floor.

Go back to ops and bank your scrap, and then back to the elevator and take it up, that will take you to another area with a lot of security in it and once you get past the security, you find a hole in the floor - hop in the hole and that will wind around a bit in some maintenance tunnels, and eventually dump you out into an area with two more nanite masses and an overcharge circuit. Run past the nanite mass that's patrolling under your hiding spot and into the room behind it, and then you can strategically hop out and kill the masses and overcharge the circuit - that will bring the Ops elevator up to the third floor, and you can bank your scrap and re-kill the Mass that respawned, and then go back into the room you hid from the Masses in, and there's another Nanite mass up the stairs in there. Kill that Mass and overcharge the circuit he was guarding, and you will unlock access to the Rogue Process's room.

ThePlayer

Souls: 140.00
Wiki Edits: 18
Recently with the new DLC this weapon has been slightly nerfed. Its starting damage (Mk. V) is now 83 with elemental damage at 50 instead of 60, slash damage was buffed to 40, and thrust damage was nerfed to 31 instead of 37. These are just the starting stats but I will update this page regardless.

ThePlayer

Souls: 140.00
Wiki Edits: 18
Slight correction slash damage was nerfed to 33.
i finally found a way to always get claws if i want to. the problem was my weapon (peacekeeper). fight the boss like you do normally. aim for his right (main weapon) arm. when the boss is ready for execution switch to a twin-rigged weapon and finish it. twin-rigged-execution on his right arm gets me the claws every time.
Only have a Twin-Rig level of 2. Claws have a base of 67 damage. 40 Elemental, 27 slash, and 25 thrust.
damn i failed to cut the arm eventhough i hit it all the time. ruined the whole thing damn it.. no way i am playing ng+ just to get this item.. what a disappointment-

lapdragon

Regular
Battle Tested

You have to be careful what weapon you're using to attack his arm with - if you use a twin-rigged or heavy duty, then there are certain moves that have "follow through" and will hit more than one bodypart. You have to do over 50% of the fight damage to only one bodypart in order to be able to execute that bodypart, and when you're hitting two or three bodyparts at a time, you're likely doing less than 50% to the part you're targeting. It's likely that you're doing around 40% to the left arm, and 20% each to his torso and the other arm. It's a good practice to use one-handed weapons when trying to get executions for schematic or weapon gathering, as they tend to only hit the single bodypart that you're after.
Pretty much easy to get, just focus in RP right arm the entire fight, then rip off the arm just like a normal enemy, i had no issues with that, also, this weapon is ridiculously powerfull, really, it just explodes every enemy i came across in NG+, i highly recomend this one, is a worth reward for the task.
Nice