Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter Series
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki and Monster Hunter Rise Wiki

In case anyone might be confused, in-game Teostras essence shows up as "Teostra Technique".
how any silver rathalos essence can you have on weapon? can you only have 1/4 or i can it be upgraded to 4/4?
One for the weapon. You still need to have 3 pieces of the silver rathalos armor to activate the skill.
So I was wondering if there is an essence for Brachydios Will? I’m referring to Raging Brachydios. Because I’d like to get Artillery Secret from his gear instead of Zorah. Does anyone know if that’s possible????
no, not all set bonuses are avaliable, unfortunately
Good to know: one point "guts" (Bazelgeuse essence) on weapon dont stack with one point "guts" (Kulve Taroth something) on armor piece. That's weird.
I just got dual blades to help me beat Alatreon. I put odogaron essence on it to prevent sharpness loss. Do I have to have 2 pieces of odogaron armour to get it to work, or will it just work? I havnt tested it yet
the armor set skills replace one armor slot so yes, you still have to equip 2 odogaron armor pieces.
Do safi weapons have fatalis essence or something?
can safi wep get alatreon essence?

rougeric87

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 11,776.00
none of the armor set bonuses from monsters added after Safi have an essence awakening, so the answer is; no
I thinks they should be there now. Because Rajang was add after Safi and his essence is up there
Rajang was added before Safi. Safi was added with the Hoarfrost biome in GL, while Rajang came with the volcanic biome. Furious Rajang, Raging Brachydios, Frostfang Barioth, Alatreon, and Fatalis set bonuses can't manifest on Safi weapons because they were added afterwards.
This is what I got for you if you have questions about the basic upgrade equipment. The Safi weapons got 5slots to fill, there are the normal fillers like: Atack up and element up they are multi fillers. Then you got the unique fillers like a perk from a armor set bonus, or for example reload assist. They can only be placed as a single filler because they are unique. Then you got the 6star rate(rainbow color) that is also a unique, so can only be placed 1. So uniques can't be place more then 1. The armor set uniques count for 1 point of the set bonus. Expl Odogaren set bonus needs 3 pieces but the unique give 1, so only 2 pieces are needed for the set bonus. See the list on the wiki to see what kinde there are. INPORTANT IS: the wiki doesn't tel what kind of stars the perks have. The game rades the set bonus perks whit sudden stars, what means it's hard to find what you looking for if you compleet build in for Expl 5 slots: 3x element up 5, 1x element up 6 and 1 element up 4. Means your lowest is a 4 star. What means that if you store potential it want to help you and reward you for a upgrade. But if the set perk you want is a 2 star, it wil be super hard to get that perk because it trya to help you. So it Wil keep looking for your lowest slot to fil it in whit a higher tier. What makes sense in the long run because it's callt Upgrade equipment. So yea it's dum that there are no stats on the wiki telling you there tier aka star lvl.si if you are new to this and don't know the tier of the sets, keep 1 slot on a lvl 1 or 2 so you can see them come by. Els you Wil end up like some one whit 96x store potential and stil don't have that lvl 2 star perk. So to prefend wasting your time and your mats keep 1 low lvl til you know what rank they come by. Vote this up if this help you so others can see and understand the system. If some is still little confusing to you, place a reply and I or other people from the communitie will help you. Stay save hunters
If you're having a hard time reading this I'll "translate" it to make it a bit clearer, cause this is extremely useful info (no knock against the guy above me, in fact we all really appreciate this info, so many thanks):
This is what I have for you if you have questions about upgrading these weapons. The Safi weapons have 5 slots to fill, and there are the normal slot upgrades like Attack Up and Element Up, which there can be multiple of at once on the weapon. Then there are unique slot upgrades, like a monster Essence or Reload Assist. Each unique upgrade falls under a specific category, and there can only ever be one unique upgrade from each category. Tier VI upgrades (rainbow colored) have their own category, so only one Tier VI upgrade can be present (Slots IV also falls under this despite technically not being a VI). The monster Essence upgrades only count as one point toward any given set bonus, for example: Odogaron Essence needs 3 armor pieces to activate Protective Polish. The Odogaron Essence upgrade on the weapon contributes 1 point, so only 2 pieces of the armor are needed to activate Protecive Polish. See the Skills page to find what you need to get a certain set bonus. IMPORTANT NOTE: the wiki doesn't tell how the game prioritizes which upgrades will be replaced the higher stored potential is. The game prioritizes the lowest tier skills to be replaced with skills of a higher tier, which means it's harder to find what you're looking for if you fill your slots with high tier upgrades, for example: 3 slots of Element Up V, 1 slot of Element Up VI, and 1 slot of Element Up IV. Element Up IV is your lowest tier slot. This means that if you store potential, it will try to give you a skill of a higher tier than that Tier IV slot. But if the Essence upgrade you want is considered tier II, it wil be super hard to get that perk because of this prioritization. It will keep looking for your lowest tier slot to fill with a higher tier upgrade. It does kind of makes sense in the long run because it's called 'upgrading' equipment. It's kinda dumb that there are no stats on the wiki telling you the Essence upgrades' internal tier levels. If you are new to this and don't know the tiers of the sets, I advise you to keep at least 1 slot filled with a tier I or II upgrade you can get the set bonuses much more easily. Otherwise you will end up like someone with 96x stored potential and still rolling for that tier II upgrade. So to prevent wasting your time and your mats, absolutely keep one low tier slot until you figure out the tier of your Essence upgrade. Vote up the comment above if this helped you so others can see and understand the system. If something is still a bit confusing to you, reply and OP or someone else will try to help you. Stay safe out there hunter.
It looks like Dragonvein Awakening is missing from this page. That is an unlockable ability on the weapons.

rougeric87

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 11,776.00
Do you have proof? Pretty sure it's impossible and first time I see someone claiming since the safi release more than a year ago.

DrBonifarz

Souls: 110.00
Hey guys, your wiki is a great source of MHW info. Just signed up to contribute to this page - I really think we could explain the key upgrades in a more compact table before listing the plethora of set bonuses. The relevant info is easily lost there. Will give that a try and add a few words about key stats like sharpness.