Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details

Got it on the 9th run from black phantom black skeleton at the entrance of the cape near the last reaper. You should start from Altar of Storms archstone and then work your way back. Its drop rate is much better than normal black skeleton.
You should mention this is a black phantom and only appears in PBWT.
Not as bad as the Proof of Concord Kept in farm in DS3 tho
Nothing's ever going to be that bad.
Holy **** got this on my 2nd run on 4-2, bless Umbasa.

smokedalaskansalmon

Souls: 50.00
Got it on my first! and without trying... now I just need chunks... fml
I'll trade my pure bladestone for 6 bladestone chunks PS5 id: Tyufox
Wanna trade? I wrote a message to you on psn
Looking to trade for a pure bladestone. Will give anything to get one. PSN: joshrv2003
I’ve got 3 I could trade. I’m looking to get another PS5.
Fairly certain all black skeletons in world 4 in the remake drop it. My friend got it first try from the black skeleton on the ledge at the beginning of 4-1. I called BS because the rarity and I remember having to farm it in the original, but he sent me a photo through snapchat.

smokedalaskansalmon

Call me DJ Khaled because I've gotten 7 of these in an hour and a half instead of the chunks I've been looking for. Just what to do with them...
trade with me psn id @khonak-slov
I started at 4-2, and would run up the stairs and kill the skeleton before the adjudicator boss, snipe the reaper, then run down and kill the skelly behind the illusory wall. I was wearing ring of avarice to farm souls and providential ring to try and increase my chance of getting pure blade stone shard to trade with snuggly for my longevity ring. I did this run about 50 times and never got the pure blade stone, mainly just soul remains, blade stone shards, uchigatana. I read a comment here that that said to not increase item discovery, so I took off the providential ring and BOOM within 2 more runs I got my pure blade stone shard.
Lucked out to the extreme recently. PBS dropped from the black phantom skeleton on the 4th try in the PS3 version which is infamous for this upgrade material.

Xmas19

Hi, I'm non professional, but I hope this will help those, who still struggle to get their FIRST PURE blade stone (I used this to get cloudstone chunks and bladestone chunks). I recently bought a PS5 and immediately ordered best PS5 game to this day - Demon's Souls. :-) I am type of colectible guy who want to taste almost every weapon in this game. :-D So one of the first steps to make powerfull weapons is hunting stones, expecially rare ones. I run my Royalty class around lvl. 80 with 7 lvl Luck (NG and offline). I cleared Shrine of Storms and make this world PURE Black. I tried to get rare blade stone chunks and pureBS, but couldn't get any. At the time I had around 40 Blade stone shards, I had zero chunks and zero pure. So I took 10 BS shards with me, 30 left by Thomas and started farming BLACK skelies (before Adjudicator boss and near Primeval Demon with Clink Ring and Ring of Avarice (in soul form). If I had more than 10 BS shards I would DISCARD them (keeping those 10). After i think 4 tries I got 2 chunks and 1 Pure. This Discarding trick worked quite well for bladestone chunks, Pure blades a cloud stone chunks. I must try i on Dragon chunks, those are too quite rare. :-( I hope this will help. :-)
This is interesting but the amount of shards you’re holding should have absolutely no effect on drop chances of the others. Bluepoint tweaked the Pure Bladestone drop rate for the remake so I’m not certain what the exact details are going on in there but in the original it was discovered by data miners that the drop rates were affected by the level of black the world was in and that reaching the second darkest shade of black world tendency would actually decrease the chances of getting PBS but the absolute darkest tendency like truly pure black would raise the drop rate. Keep testing though because I want to hear if you have any similar outcomes again.

Xmas19

Yes, I have done more test. :-) But it actually didn't work all the time. :-( I got Pure Blade stone (like two times) on neural or more of white tendency (killed Adjudicator and Black katana Phantom behind first Reaper, under Patches). I was testing different weapons or farming Moonshades, so I wasn't after Bladestones. :-/ Yes, i can definitely agree that Pure Bladestone is more rare in OG from 2009. I still think this trick might be helpful if other tricks aren't working. Most of the time i found chunks of bladestone in Black tendency or Pure Black world. The most significant helping tricks is : You musn't have equipped the Providental Ring and Large sword of Searching. Those 2 items keep giving me lame loot : shards and Soul remains mostly.