Discuss all and any games, devices and platforms!
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 452,605.49
Bank: 11,723.71
Wiki Edits: 41521
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Elden Ring Gameplay, Release Date and Screenshots! All new information on FromSoftware's Dark Souls successor, find out what's new!

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

LordKaerthon

Fexternal

Souls: 175.00
Wiki Edits: 11
I love Fromsoft, and will obviously play this. But this looks like DS3, 5 years later. Look forward to finding out more!
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Bonaduce80

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 746.00
LordKaerthon wrote:I love Fromsoft, and will obviously play this. But this looks like DS3, 5 years later. Look forward to finding out more!

It does look a lot like Dark Souls 3, doesn't it? I would have preferred a more primitive air to the locations: it feels like after Bloodborne, those gothic architectural designs need to be reused to make the most out of the money spent on them.

On the other hand, size of the world will probably make sameish art direction more palatable. It looks like mobility (something borrowed from Sekiro) will be something to shake things up a bit. Plus doesn't it look like you can jump? The feline swordsman with red flames doing a sweep looks like it needs to be jumped to be avoided.

ckmishn

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,765.00
Wiki Edits: 6
It seems that continued support for PS4/XBone is costing the game visually. Funny that even after this is released, the best looking FromSoft game will still be made by Bluepoint.