Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

This thing is goddamn awesome! If it helps, think of it as a Lightning Stake + Perseverance buff + wider and lingering White Dragon Breath that has a roughly 20 second cooldown and can land for a LOT of damage at once because the Stake part and Breath part have separate hitboxes. As for farming Halflight (aka Sasuke Uchicha, let's be real here) for the Ornaments (using Statue of Velka to reset the fight), I didn't really mind; I took it as an opportunity to test some PvP builds/combos.
Feels like this and the Ritual Spear Fragment should have been usable like the Church Guardian Shiv where they can be used any time (not exclusively pvp in a specific boss fight) but have an fp cost, retain its usage cooldown and be exclusive to Spears of the Church.
You REALLY want invaders (and gank squands) using this out in the wild? Because that's exactly what would happen to the meta, if what you're asking were to come to pass.
There was a glitch long ago that allowed this, and, it was very very bad. Never intended seemingly as when it was used out in the wild the spears were invisible.
I just think it should have been 20, at the most 25. 30 is a bit much.
Yeah that's Dark Souls covenants for yah. They're all a bit ridiculous since you either have to rely on online connections or farm for an absurdly long time.

Krystalmyth

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: -4,950.00
I dare say 10 would be a good number.
I wish this could be used outside of boss arenas, it even seems to be balenced enough, they can even make it cost fp to be even more balanced
Yeah, like a 20 fp requirement but while a spear of the church boss it costs nothing, like storm ruler’s weapon art during Yhorm
Hey so odd thing I got this item before beating midir and offline Does anyone know why this is? I've never turned in a single ornament -JdW
You probably got the Ritual Spear Fragment. It is similar yet weaker item and is found behind the Ringed Knight that wields the paired ultra greatswords. Specifically, behind the stone tablet thing where you turn in the Filianore's Spear Ornaments, just before the Spears of the Church boss fight.
So I do this covenant for completion... Only to get rewards to buff myself when doing the covenant? Why does this feel redundant and like a massive middle finger to completionists? Darkmoon gave a nice miracle. Mad Warriors gave a nice pyromancy. Rosaria gave me a cheese ring and a rare staff I may or may not use, but at least have the option... But naw, when done with Spears of the Church you get 2 trophies that will never do anything again. To quote a man I do not know, "Thank you Dark Souls.".
What this covenant gives is a "**** u" to gankers.

Krystalmyth

Regular
Battle Tested

Uhm, because being a completionist is an effort in redundancy. You collect things to collect them, not because you need them. You're checking things off of a list. Why should it offer utility when as a completionist that was never the intent behind your mission. You just want to finish the collection, right? Be happy that certain things are zbeneficial to you, but most people want a reward because it's valuable to them, and for someone who wants to make this their focus in the game and become a powerful Spear of the Church, this will help cement them in their duty. That person isn't you, so take your trinket, and move on like everything else.
This covenant is not supposed to give you any reason to farm, or play unfair. You can just roleplay a cool boss. If you could get something actually useful outside of the covenant-bossfight, people would be ****heads and ruin the experience for others.
I agree. It would be nice to have a worthwile reward in here. People saying that "why should you care if you're a completionist" or "it would ruin things" are missing the points. Almost all other covenants give you useful items, weapons, spells, etc when you reach the maximum level to show off and reward you for you're dedication. This one, just makes it so you do slightly better in future covenant fights.
what trash can cares about achivemetns and trophys..... you must have never accomplished anything in a realistic setting
Salty gankers: "tHiS cOvEnAnT iS tHe MoSt sTuPiD iN tHe GaMe" spears of the church: "so is blades of the gankmoon and way of casuls, go offline and whine to the npc"
Blade of the gankmoon lmao classic
Omg, blade of the gankmoon and way of the casuals.. i love you man made me LMAO
This covenant is only here for people who want to bully others. I just equip the covenant and let people kill me so they can finally get to the final boss. You spears can shove it. :D
oh can the poor casual not defeat other players :(
That defeats the entire point of the fight if you let them kill you.

Krystalmyth

Regular
Battle Tested

You think yourself such a good person, but all you did was deny a person a good fight. You weakened their Dark Souls experience, and if you did that, I'd despise having such a poor memory of such an amazing encounter.
By doing that, you leave them completely unprepared for gael. You deserve to be invaded at the shrine.
Bully? Dude, it's part of the game. Take it up w/ FromSoftware.
I would be thoroughly dissapointed if I where to face you, pulling this **** on me.
Trash casul how sad

Momohhhh

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Offline mode is always an option for people who want a more standardized fight...
Fought these guys(member of the covenant) and I thought how the hell this guy can invade during boss fight? turns out they are the boss and welp, the easiest boss of my life. They give a good fight tho but my twin casulslayer will show no mercy.
get laid dude lol
I wish I could thumbs up that guys comment ^^
he could literally be 11 or 12 don't be a pedo
^^ shut the **** up, *****.
Please, everyone, try death
I love being spear of the church the spears let me heal back to max with one spell and it does damage to those that come near it ,yeah people get mad but if you can't beat me when I can only heal with spells and have a straight row of spears to attack yall attacking ready for gael